2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Dean

All Star
Daps
I cant believe the hate that bron/kobe fans threw at each other all these years and then I turn around and see the enormous amount of love/respect they both had towards each other. Not to say that should force anyone to like a certain player or vice versa but I saw some Twitter comments today and I realized its so toxic there towards both men. Like even after Kobe's death. People were wylin last night after the loss. The coli has had and still have their fan battles but I aint never seen some of the crazy shyt here than elsewhere (Youtube, Twitter, IG, FB) Makes you really appreciate this place and in many ways helps with the grief. Its good to come on here and mostly not have to worry about people bring up Kobe's past or how Bron was being fake etc. Seeing shyt like that really messes with your mind. I want to grieve and celebrate. Look at positive posts and watch tribute/highlight vids. Thats the stuff that makes you smile among it all. To all yall out there trying to hold on, much love to you all. It will get better.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
THIS IS A QUOTE FROM KOBE THEY PLAYED EARLIER IN THE NIGHT:

“I WANTED TO BE THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER THAT EVER PLAYED AND ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF THAT LANE I DIDN’T HAVE TIME FOR”

WHAT LEBRON SAID IS LITERALLY THE ANTI-KOBE .. AND IT COMES AFTER HE WENT TO THE MEDIA N SAID BASKETBALL WAS SECONDARY TO HIM AFTER THE BOSTON GAME. LAST NIGHT WASNT THE NIGHT FOR THAT.
let it be man...let people grieve the way they want/can. At this point, is this really what you want to argue about? I understand your POV, we all do. But Lebron was one the last people Kobe talked to. He’s allowed to grieve/say whatever he wants

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
let it be man...let people grieve the way they want/can. At this point, is this really what you want to argue about? I understand your POV, we all do. But Lebron was one the last people Kobe talked to. He’s allowed to grieve/say whatever he wants

I KNO THATS HONESTLY WHY IM HOLDING MY TONGUE, IT JUST GENUINELY HURT ME WHEN I HEARD HIM SAY THAT

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I KNO THATS HONESTLY WHY IM HOLDING MY TONGUE, IT JUST GENUINELY HURT ME WHEN I HEARD HIM SAY THAT

I think the way Kobe died had a real effect on Bron in a lot of ways. Kobe spent 20 years killing himself to be the best and win championships, sacrificing time with his family along the way. Then just when he was starting to really dive into being a dad and be able to enjoy it without basketball consuming so much of his time, it got snatched away from him. That's got to be quite a thing for these athletes to come to terms with as they all think they're invincible and that they'll have to time to make up for what they missed when they're done with the game. This was a devastating reminder that sometimes God/life has other plans. Definitely see how it could have them questioning their priorities.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah man the TO’s are the real issue. Dame had 48, 10, & 9 with just 1 TO. I’ll cut them some slack b/c last night was really emotional but it’s a glaring problem that will bite them in the ass if not fixed soon.

The turnovers feel fixable, but two other things I've noticed lately:
1. Lakers frontcourt is getting outplayed lately. McGee has been trash and feels like Dwight has hit a wall. Whiteside dominated them last night.
2. Vogel's offense leaves a lot to be desired. Feels like they don't run enough plays and don't like the way they use AD. There was a game earlier in the season where they fed him the ball at the top key in the triple threat position and the defense had no answer. Seems like they haven't done that sense. Giving him the ball on the block, is too predictable and allows the defense to double too easily. Haven't seen much of that Bron/AD pick and roll lately either.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
I think the way Kobe died had a real effect on Bron in a lot of ways. Kobe spent 20 years killing himself to be the best and win championships, sacrificing time with his family along the way. Then just when he was starting to really dive into being a dad and be able to enjoy it without basketball consuming so much of his time, it got snatched away from him. That's got to be quite a thing for these athletes to come to terms with as they all think they're invincible and that they'll have to time to make up for what they missed when they're done with the game. This was a devastating reminder that sometimes God/life has other plans. Definitely see how it could have them questioning their priorities.

definitely, although i dont think he should've said that right after the game

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
definitely, although i dont think he should've said that right after the game

yeah I was saying last nite this nikka Bron just talks too much when speaking to media about shyt. It’s been a career long trend. But I feel his intentions are genuine out here and last night had to be hard as hell. Hope he plays better tonight but D-Fish was saying in the post game, we’ve never experienced something like this before so who knows how long it’ll take for the guys to play like normal.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

I KNOW WHERE UR COMING FROM

IN MY OPINION, KOBE WAS ON HIS WAY TO DOING EVERYTHING HE DID WIT PERFECTION IF NOT FOR HIS EARLY PASSING

THAT INCLUDES BEING A PERFECT DAD

I DONT THINK HE SHOULD BE VILIFIED FOR TAKING BASKETBALL SO SERIOUS, HE MORE THAN MADE UP FOR LOST TIME

HIS LASER FOCUS WIT WHATEVER HE DID IS PART OF THE REASON HE WAS SO BELOVED AND HAS LEFT SUCH A LASTING IMPACT

Daps
I KNOW WHERE UR COMING FROM

IN MY OPINION, KOBE WAS ON HIS WAY TO DOING EVERYTHING HE DID WIT PERFECTION IF NOT FOR HIS EARLY PASSING

THAT INCLUDES BEING A PERFECT DAD

I DONT THINK HE SHOULD BE VILIFIED FOR TAKING BASKETBALL SO SERIOUS, HE MORE THAN MADE UP FOR LOST TIME

HIS LASER FOCUS WIT WHATEVER HE DID IS PART OF THE REASON HE WAS SO BELOVED AND HAS LEFT SUCH A LASTING IMPACT
Kobe is a rare kind though
COMPLETELY dedicated to the game
A lot of these players have a passion for basketball but some players are more passionate than others
Not everyone is going to approach or view the game the same and I think that's okay
After Kobe's death, a lot of players are putting their life in perspective and in the big picture, family and living life > basketball for some of them

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Kobe is a rare kind though
COMPLETELY dedicated to the game
A lot of these players have a passion for basketball but some players are more passionate than others
Not everyone is going to approach or view the game the same and I think that's okay
After Kobe's death, a lot of players are putting their life in perspective and in the big picture, family and living life > basketball for some of them

I UNDERSTAND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT

THAT DOESNT MEAN ITS NOT DISAPPOINTING

ESPECIALLY ON A NIGHT LIKE THAT

Daps
I UNDERSTAND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT

THAT DOESNT MEAN ITS NOT DISAPPOINTING

ESPECIALLY ON A NIGHT LIKE THAT
It might be disappointing to you yes, but Kobe's death is going to have that effect on people
Especially a global icon and legend like him
People are looking at the bigger picture outside of basketball
It is what it is

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I’m sayin, I can’t even imagine being in Bron’s shoes. This has to be a very difficult time for him. None of us knew Kobe and we loved him like he was in our family. So for someone to grow up looking up to him like us and then go on to have a friendship with him also playing the game at a high level. And I was one of the last people he talked to? And I just was honoring him the night before?

I kinda wish we hadn’t even played yesterday but we had to play it eventually. This is truly a very difficult situation and uncharted territory for the team including Bron. I just want him to do what works best for him to cope.

Smfh, I still can’t believe I gotta talk about Kobe in past tense.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
It might be disappointing to you yes, but Kobe's death is going to have that effect on people
Especially a global icon and legend like him
People are looking at the bigger picture outside of basketball
It is what it is

SOME PEOPLE

OTHERS (LIKE DAME) LET IT FUEL THEM TO BE THE BEST THEY CAN BE AT WHATEVER THEY DO AND GIVE THERE 100%

IM STILL HOLDIN OUT HOPE

Status
Not open for further replies.