14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Come on breh no matter how vigilant you are you will never know someone 100%, marriage in the US is a complete roll of the dice. I mean dudes who have known their wives since high school are out here taking Ls.
Marriage anywhere is a roll of the dice, your wife could poison your food or kill you in your sleep.

And just cause u knew a chick since high school doesnt mean u should marry her, or that u know her well. High school sweethearts are prob the people who should get married the least... u need to date different people to figure out exactly what u want

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Come on breh no matter how vigilant you are you will never know someone 100%, marriage in the US is a complete roll of the dice. I mean dudes who have known their wives since high school are out here taking Ls.
You a baseball fan? Don Mattingly married a woman he dated since high school and eventually she went totally insane I believe. Dwyane Wade got hitched to someone he started dating in college. She went crazy enough that a judge in this country actually gave full custody of kids to their dad. I personally know someone who tricked her husband into getting her pregnant when he was happy with 2 kids and she wanted 3. You never really know someone.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
lol
My uncle divorced his first wife (he was sharing) and is separated from his second (I think he shared again)
That nikka straight up told me, Do Not Get, Married :russ:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Marriage anywhere is a roll of the dice, your wife could poison your food or kill you in your sleep.

And just cause u knew a chick since high school doesnt mean u should marry her, or that u know her well. High school sweethearts are prob the people who should get married the least... u need to date different people to figure out exactly what u want

Statistically, the odds of her poisoning you or killing you are drastically lower than her divorcing you, you have about the same odds of getting struck by lightning as you do your wife killing you, but good comparison I guess :ld:

Breh, what you want today and the person she is 10-15 years from now aren't the same thing, people change and that's what you're not really accounting for. I mean even the elderly are starting to divorce at a ridiculous rate, being vigilant has no real affect on the outcome and knowing someone is just a crapshoot.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breh, what you want today and the person she is 10-15 years from now aren't the same thing, people change and that's what you're not really accounting for. I mean even the elderly are starting to divorce at a ridiculous rate, being vigilant has no real affect on the outcome and knowing someone is just a crapshoot.
Again, if thats your opinion, then marriage anywhere is not worth pursuing. A chick in a foreign country might not be able to take half, but in 10-15 years you might be different people and so then the whole thing is not worth pursuing. Never mind the fact that you might be different people because you've both grown to be more mature and closer to each other, as well as more emotionally invested in the partnership. People who only dwell on the negatives or dont' do things out of fear never really accomplish much in life... a negative, fearful attitude is succes's cancer. You have to make educated choices but that's different from paralyzing yourself with fear,.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The Divorce Topic has nothing to do with not promoting family to black people. This is an American society problem. I have white co-workers who are going through very difficult divorces.
And the solution is to not get married right?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Again, if thats your opinion, then marriage anywhere is not worth pursuing. A chick in a foreign country might not be able to take half, but in 10-15 years you might be different people and so then the whole thing is not worth pursuing. Never mind the fact that you might be different people because you've both grown to be more mature and closer to each other, as well as more emotionally invested in the partnership. People like @Emperor_ReinScarf who only dwell on the negatives or dont' do things out of fear never really accomplish much in life... a negative, fearful attitude is succes's cancer. You have to make educated choices but that's different from paralyzing yourself with fear,.

Uh, I'm married to a woman I love :ld: I speak though from a position where I'm fully aware of what could happen, you seem to only talk about marriage as though divorce can never happen to someone that's vigilant and making "educated choices". That isn't the case, people get blindsided all the time by divorce, a lot of people who made educated choices and were vigilant, you paint a picture like that's an impossibility though.

Also, I suggested that dude leave the country to get away from the alimony payments and child support to a kid that isn't even his. He should simply leave and not look back, never mentioned anything about him getting with a foreign chick :yeshrug: his quality of life will improve because he'll be able to have a high standard of living without someone murdering his paycheck.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uh, I'm married to a woman I love :ld: I speak though from a position where I'm fully aware of what could happen, you seem to only talk about marriage as though divorce can never happen to someone that's vigilant and making "educated choices". That isn't the case, people get blindsided all the time by divorce, a lot of people who made educated choices and were vigilant, you paint a picture like that's an impossibility though.

Also, I suggested that dude leave the country to get away from the alimony payments and child support to a kid that isn't even his. He should simply leave and not look back, never mentioned anything about him getting with a foreign chick :yeshrug: his quality of life will improve because he'll be able to have a high standard of living without someone murdering his paycheck.
Im not denying the realities of marriage/divorce in the west, just providing a counterpoint to the constant negativity perpetuated here surrounding marriage, often from people who have no experience with long term relationships, let alone marriage

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Im not denying the realities of marriage/divorce in the west, just providing a counterpoint to the constant negativity perpetuated here surrounding marriage, often from people who have no experience with long term relationships, let alone marriage

The divorce rate is 50/50, you're going to hear a lot of negativity about it because half of marriages fail. It's simply rolling the dice and hoping for the best in this country.

Bill Burr (also married) put it best, if you went skydiving and someone told you there's a 50/50 chance the parachute didn't open, would you still do it?

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
And the solution is to not get married right?

Naw. Stats wise, the most dangerous thing you do everyday is get in car. That doesn't mean you're not going to still purchase a car and drive it. It mean you're mostly be more cautious on the road.

It's the same with marriage. Stat wise, the divorce is high and it has always been high. If you knew the stats, you most likely will thoroughly vet out that person you would like to marry.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Naw. Stats wise, the most dangerous thing you do everyday is get in car. That doesn't mean you're not going to still purchase a car and drive it. It mean you're mostly be more cautious on the road.

It's the same with marriage. Stat wise, the divorce is high and it has always been high. If you knew the stats, you most likely will thoroughly vet out that person you would like to marry.
You can wait till your 40 start a family and the only thing left will be women with dried up ovaries matching up with some weak ass sperm.

Get some standards in a woman beyond n how fat the ass is how good the puss is and how good she sucks dikk.

If she don't cook clean obey and have intelligence she's not marriage material.