14 men open up about the devastation of divorce...

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Divorce is tough on women, too.

But the main difference is this:

Women's problems are taken seriously.

A man gets divorced and nobody gives a sh&t about his psychological or emotional well-being. They just look at him as an object who is going to lose money.

This is what dude #5 is saying.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
jump-in-my-car.gif

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Are you tryin to turn people off of marriage with these or somethin? lol if you too stupid to pick the right one to spend the rest of your life with you deserve to get cleaned out, I know a dumbass who married a chick after 3 months of dating. nikkas need to look up that Dopamine effect

Picking the "right one" is pretty much irrelevant since people change over time, you could have the right one today but she could simply change and be a different person 10-15 years from now. The divorce rate is ridiculously high and it's not because everyone is just picking the wrong person, it's because divorce is pretty easy to do now and values in this country are all fukked up.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I’ve seen my close peers go through so messed up situations. That’s how I learn what to do and what not to do.

My homeboy tried to ignore all the signs before marrying his now ex-wife. This chick only cared about herself and her daughter. The little girl was not his child but he cared for this girl since she was three months. At the time of the separation, the little girl was 5 or 6 years old. His ex-wife pretty much viewed him as a support person. They divorced almost 18 months after the wedding. My homeboys expense because of his ex-wife: $15,000 wedding (loan), $20,000-$25,000 (loan) for a new family truck, honeymoon $5,000, new house $150,000.

Because he was in the little girl life majority of the time he has to pay child support, alimony, and some of the mortgage to the house he once lived in. He just got a new job making some decent money but most of his cash went to his ex-wife. This dude can’t live life like he wants to. He was some much in debt that he had to file for bankruptcy. This nikka is depressed af.

Bruhs, if you have any reservations about the girl you dating, wear a condom and DON’T marry her. It will put you in a financial hole that will cripple yo azz if you have to get a divorce.

:mjcry:marry single mothers brehs

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:lupe::merchant:

i can definitely vouch for number 1. i was separated before. i thought i was alone in the world and NOBODY loved me. i had my own apartment, but i didn't buy any furniture. i had a couch, a TV and a mattress on the floor in the living room. nothing else. i spent countless days just laying on the mattress in the dark staring blankly at the tv. shyt was painful breh.

the_coolest_inside_facts_about_31.gif

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Picking the "right one" is pretty much irrelevant since people change over time, you could have the right one today but she could simply change and be a different person 10-15 years from now. The divorce rate is ridiculously high and it's not because everyone is just picking the wrong person, it's because divorce is pretty easy to do now and values in this country are all fukked up.
No values anymore. Us guys are conditioned to see women as play things and women are conditioned that a guy is simply there to wait on here hand and foot and be her servant essentially. Last chick I dated made more than me but still expected me to take her on spending sprees even though she knew I couldn't afford it. She also seemed to change from who I first dated too. The other problem is that divorces simply shyt all over the guy. In a marriage in this country in 2014, the man stands nothing to gain and everything to lose while the reverse exists for women. This leads to paranoia on his end, and can create entitlement and a lack of respect for him on her end. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion. I think that the concept of legally tying yourself to someone breeds complacency and dulls what drew you to someone in the first place. Now it's a case of you two being stuck together as opposed to choosing to be together, and that can build resentment too I think.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I don't ever wanna get married or have kids. I'm good with a long term girlfriend. Once them where is this going marriage conversations come up I tell them the truth. And I stay strapped. If they don't like it they can move on. I have no hang ups when it comes to what I want in life. No amount of pressure from society or family will tell me otherwise.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
I’ve seen my close peers go through so messed up situations. That’s how I learn what to do and what not to do.

My homeboy tried to ignore all the signs before marrying his now ex-wife. This chick only cared about herself and her daughter. The little girl was not his child but he cared for this girl since she was three months. At the time of the separation, the little girl was 5 or 6 years old. His ex-wife pretty much viewed him as a support person. They divorced almost 18 months after the wedding. My homeboys expense because of his ex-wife: $15,000 wedding (loan), $20,000-$25,000 (loan) for a new family truck, honeymoon $5,000, new house $150,000.

Because he was in the little girl life majority of the time he has to pay child support, alimony, and some of the mortgage to the house he once lived in. He just got a new job making some decent money but most of his cash went to his ex-wife. This dude can’t live life like he wants to. He was some much in debt that he had to file for bankruptcy. This nikka is depressed af.

Bruhs, if you have any reservations about the girl you dating, wear a condom and DON’T marry her. It will put you in a financial hole that will cripple yo azz if you have to get a divorce.

Tell him to fukk paying and move to another country and teach English, no joke at all, his quality of life will improve and he'll be happy.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing is men actually love harder than women and are more loyal(not necessarily faithful), but we don't really love like that and let that be known until we know who we are gonna marry. Women love and express love on a regular, with family, friends, and in lots of different way.

You average man aint like that, so when we settle down, we invest our heart and souls. I don't think women really get that....

Any dude that's really been through it will let you know they struggled 100 more than a woman probably did emotionally and mentally. We have a image to live up to, and responsibilities to go alone with the pressure of losing someone you thought was gonna be by your side for life.

Men are extremely loyal and dedicated when we actually settle down.... doesn't mean we wont cheat or whatever, but we usually are going to stick by the vows we made to be together.

Last edited:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Are you tryin to turn people off of marriage with these or somethin? lol if you too stupid to pick the right one to spend the rest of your life with you deserve to get cleaned out, I know a dumbass who married a chick after 3 months of dating. nikkas need to look up that Dopamine effect
Yea Id love to hear how these marriages started

I know a breh whose paying his ex wife like 3k a month like that............................ but he is Mormon and married the first chick he slept with. She had no education and never worked, turned out to be fukking crazy. 20 yrs later she tells him shes cheating on him with another woman and wants out; he doesnt lawyer up and she cleans his clock. ~2-3 months after the divorce.... he's engaged again :facepalm:

I'm sure some brehs legitimately get burned but in my experience most divorces are results of marriages that shouldn't have happened in the first place. With the legal system the way it is in the West the onus is on brehs to be vigilant about making that commitment...

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The thing is men actually love harder than women and are more loyal(not necessarily faithful), but we don't really love like that and let that be known until we know who we are gonna marry. Women love and express love on a regular, with family, friends, and in lots of different way.

You average man aint like that, so when we settle down, we invest our heart and souls. I don't think women really get that....

Any dude that's really been through it will let you know they struggled 100 more than a woman probably did emotionally and mentally. We have a image to live up to, and responsibilities to go alone with the pressure of losing someone you thought was gonna be by your side for life.

Men are extremely loyal and dedicated when we actually settle down.... doesn't mean we wont cheat or whatever, but we usually are going to sit by what we made a vow to stick by.
Exactly. I read something not too long ago that 70% of the time, divorce is initiated by the wife. I think it goes back to the conditioning of if he isn't paying all her bills and everything, it's time to just get out of dodge and find someone else. No willingness to stick it out anymore it seems.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
I'm sure some brehs legitimately get burned but in my experience most divorces are results of marriages that shouldn't have happened in the first place. With the legal system the way it is in the West the onus is on brehs to be vigilant about making that commitment...

Come on breh no matter how vigilant you are you will never know someone 100%, marriage in the US is a complete roll of the dice. I mean dudes who have known their wives since high school are out here taking Ls.