13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (September 20)(PS4)(86 On Opencritic)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Wow I finally got a bit deeper into the game and story and this shyt is dope as fukk.

If you like anime this shyt is like the best mecha/sci-fi/time travel anime you can watch/play.
I couldn't believe I was fukking with this game so heavy :wow: one hell of a ride and I was READY to shyt on this game too

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I couldn't believe I was fukking with this game so heavy :wow: one hell of a ride and I was READY to shyt on this game too

This is turning out to be one of my favorite games

I cant believe i was sleeping on this for 4 months. To be fair though the load times are excellent on PS5 and I don’t gotta worry about it sounding like a jet engine

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game is a complete mind fukk. Every time I think the plot can’t get anymore crazy it does. Every. Single. Time.

This shyt is like evangelion meets ghost in the shell, meets attack on titan. I’m also highly enjoying the combat sections also. I didn’t think i would because it’s so simple looking but it’s actually pretty deep once you start upgrading and learning what pilots are best for what situations.

Blowing shyt up in this isometric grid is oddly satisfying. I think the worst part about this is knowing another game like this will probably never get made again

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This game is a complete mind fukk. Every time I think the plot can’t get anymore crazy it does. Every. Single. Time.

This shyt is like evangelion meets ghost in the shell, meets attack on titan. I’m also highly enjoying the combat sections also. I didn’t think i would because it’s so simple looking but it’s actually pretty deep once you start upgrading and learning what pilots are best for what situations.

Blowing shyt up in this isometric grid is oddly satisfying. I think the worst part about this is knowing another game like this will probably never get made again
There's already another game like this called Virtue's Last Reward. I mean it doesn't have the combat sections but the batshyt crazy plot is there. The only fault of VLR is Zero Time Dilemma it's sequel fumbled the handoff and was nowhere near as good even if I still enjoyed that too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Finished this a few days ago and:wow:

This is definitely GOTY imo but this might also break my personal top 5 all time.

Every chapter had a crazy twist, each of the 13 characters storylines are important to the main plot, art style was on 10 and the music is fire.

It's been a minute since a video games story actually grabbed me and had me invested from beginning to even long after I finished it.

I even liked the little RTS tower defense part of the game.

It's a shame how this will get overlooked.

I don't know how many of y'all were interested in this game but if you are a fan of metal gear, eva , or sci-fi in general I highly advise you to cop this this joint is fire.

This is true 100% agree

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
More than a few people forced me to check this out, and I did not expect to fukk with it at all.

I dug Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown but this looked different, being a visual novel/tower defense mashup game... neither appealing to me, but fukk... They did something really special with this story. And the voice acting/localization is actually incredibly well done. I also had a lot of fun upgrading the Sentinels and blowing shyt up in the battles. Great game