13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (September 20)(PS4)(86 On Opencritic)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
More than a few people forced me to check this out, and I did not expect to fukk with it at all.

I dug Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown but this looked different, being a visual novel/tower defense mashup game... neither appealing to me, but fukk... They did something really special with this story. And the voice acting/localization is actually incredibly well done. I also had a lot of fun upgrading the Sentinels and blowing shyt up in the battles. Great game

Yeah, exactly how I felt and yet, cuz of all the reviews and talks from cats here, I bought it on the sale and I don't regret it. I do wish they had a bit more of their previous action based combat in there in tandem with and full utilization of their art style in the game (whereas the tower defense shyt really doesn't), but I'm digging the game quite a bit now. I just got like maybe the 7th or 8th character unlocked and am out of the tutorial mode. Love the music too, as it's real chill and suitable with the artstyle.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Man this game is something else :wow:

I finished it when I came out last year and from time to time I still think about the different story arcs and how it all came together at the end.

The last time a game's story really stuck with me like this is Persona 4 and MGS1.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think I'm about almost half way into the story. I got some ideas as to where it's going to go. Ever since it's been picking up, I'm finding myself playing more of it and less of other games atm, which is crazy considering that as of lately, I'd been hopping thru playing like 8-10 games at once. My fav. characters so far is Yuki-Chan and Natsuno Minomi (I love how it Yuki sounds in her thought bubble thinking Nat's name:wow:).

The strategy game part actually grew on me quite a bit. I beat the first two wave chapters with my first set up team with S rank on Intense difficulty, thinking "this is lightweight":francis:. Got to wave 3, when my team had to get forced changed cuz of initial team was all BOL (and I upgraded everyone on that team fairly decently, 2nd team only moderate upgrades) and I got my ass handed to me repeatedly, like 3-4 times:picard::mjcry:. Had to change up my approach and think for a moment, but after that, I and after a much longer bout with the new squad in tow, dusted that wave off with another S rank from the new squad:myman::whew: and promptly upgraded them as well:blessed:.

These story reveals are something else:banderas:.
Definitely not from Harlem.:dame::mjtf:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think I'm about almost half way into the story. I got some ideas as to where it's going to go. Ever since it's been picking up, I'm finding myself playing more of it and less of other games atm, which is crazy considering that as of lately, I'd been hopping thru playing like 8-10 games at once. My fav. characters so far is Yuki-Chan and Natsuno Minomi (I love how it Yuki sounds in her thought bubble thinking Nat's name:wow:).

The strategy game part actually grew on me quite a bit. I beat the first two wave chapters with my first set up team with S rank on Intense difficulty, thinking "this is lightweight":francis:. Got to wave 3, when my team had to get forced changed cuz of initial team was all BOL (and I upgraded everyone on that team fairly decently, 2nd team only moderate upgrades) and I got my ass handed to me repeatedly, like 3-4 times:picard::mjcry:. Had to change up my approach and think for a moment, but after that, I and after a much longer bout with the new squad in tow, dusted that wave off with another S rank from the new squad:myman::whew: and promptly upgraded them as well:blessed:.

These story reveals are something else:banderas:.
Definitely not from Harlem.:dame::mjtf:
that shyt really be hitting home when you're getting your ass beat and you start hearing new, oddly specific "damn, we getting our ass beat" voice lines :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The RTS can be very easy on even the hardest difficulty if you spam the OP attacks you have and flank with your melee sentinels. It can seem impossible if you don't know what you are doing though.
yeah. and if you don't stay ahead of the curve and proactive you WILL get slapped the fukk up for it

shinonome's double sentry guns carried me quite a bit and the fliers are all clutch

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I got this like a month ago but I finally am getting a chance to get into it. Only through like 4 or 5 of their prologues but I’m enjoying this so far

I'm almost done it now. It gets crazy good as the game progresses. Even the combat is actually really good once it opens up more. It's actually fairly underrated, since it's marred by its presentation.