13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (September 20)(PS4)(86 On Opencritic)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Anyone else got stuck at Iori's story at 14%? I had to google how to past that part as the game literally didn't really showcase what to do.

So far I just unlocked Miura's story. Story is still all over the place but it'll make sense soon I guess.

When they have to get food? I initially did then figured out how to get past that part. Check the branch system often it usually gives a general idea of what is required.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finally completed it, wow what an experience. I really liked all the characters in this even the ones I didn’t think I would like.
I wish the ending would have shown a different take on the characters.

I wanted to see the others in the real world in their adult forms instead of just Megumi and Juro.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I wish the ending would have shown a different take on the characters.

I wanted to see the others in the real world in their adult forms instead of just Megumi and Juro.

You mean when they exited the pod? If so that wasn’t their adult form, we saw almost everyone adult forms from the future logs or via flashback.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Megumi and Juro are pretty trash imo.

Megumi is trash I stand corrected but Izumi makes up for Juro lameness. To be honest would have rather played as him than Kurabe.

So the whole attack issue stemmed from the fact that while programming the stimulation Okino took a shortcut by adding the code from a Kaiju game.:mjlol::mjlol:Okino made everyone lives hell because he felt like being lazy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Megumi is trash I stand corrected but Izumi makes up for Juro lameness. To be honest would have rather played as him than Kurabe.

So the whole attack issue stemmed from the fact that while programming the stimulation Okino took a shortcut by adding the code from a Kaiju game.:mjlol::mjlol:Okino made everyone lives hell because he felt like being lazy.
It did but it also didn't. Shinonome 2188 sabotaged everything and that reuse of the code was simply the method she used to do so. Had she not done that what Okino 2188 did wouldn't have mattered.

The whole Yuki Natsuno story is weird as hell. She's best friends with her biological child that she grew up with and they're the same age.

Last edited:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It did but it also didn't. Shinonome 2188 sabotaged everything and that reuse of the code was simply the method she used to do so. Had she not done that what Okino 2188 did wouldn't have mattered.

The whole Yuki Natsuno story is weird as hell. She's best friends with her biological child that she grew up with and they're the same age.

Wasn’t Shinome sabotage related to the space unit they was on? I swear that’s were the issue stemmed from regarding her sabotage. Then again you might be right as the D-code was the trigger for activating that side of the program.

Regarding Natsuno you mean she is best friends with her mother who is Yuki, imagine if her and Shu ever got together:scust:because he is her dad.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Wasn’t Shinome sabotage related to the space unit they was on? I swear that’s were the issue stemmed from regarding her sabotage. Then again you might be right as the D-code was the trigger for activating that side of the program.

Regarding Natsuno you mean she is best friends with her mother who is Yuki, imagine if her and Shu ever got together:scust:because he is her dad.
She lost all faith in humanity and wanted it to die off. She injected a virus into the simulation that was supposed to develop their clones and let them out of the pods at age 18. The virus used the Kaiju as it was part of the code of the simulation so universal control didn't see that as a threat. It caused an endless loop in the simulation that never allowed the clones to come of age. There were hundreds of loops and sector 0 couldn't handle the constant resetting and was going to fail after this last one. That's when Juro had Megumi shoot everyone with code that unlocked the game code allowing the sentinels to further develop. He foiled her plan. I think that was the Juro from 2 loops ago who uploaded himself to sector 0 so he could persist past the loop he was in. He would have died anyway then the loop happened and the clones were disposed on and new clones were generated.

Shinonome and Chihiro almost destroyed humanity entirely. Chihiro was the reason the virus killed off humanity and Shinonome was gonna wipe out the clones of the last 15 humans.
As for why she did it
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - Spoiler Q&A With George Kamitani
The fifth question asked for details on Ida’s betrayal of Shinonome in 2188. Kamitani says that Ida is portrayed with three personalities in the game: As the adult Ida who will do anything to accomplish his goals, as the younger Amiguchi who seems like a flirt but is actually nice, and as the 2188 version of Ida who combines the worst aspects of the other two personalities, competent but a playboy, who can be cruel.

Kamitani says that at the end, with the survivors killing each other, Shinonome might have despaired and asked Ida to commit suicide alongside her, and that Ida would not have agreed to it. His last words to her were probably horrible ones, and Kamitani said that it is hard to imagine how she would have felt after that, left alone as the last surviving human.
The 15 survivors on that space station all turned on each other and killed each other and her and Ida were the last 2 left. After Ida died she sabotaged project ark.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I like how his storyline was just "I figured out everything and here's the receipts" :pachaha:
Let me tell you how I know you played yourself :wow: don't interrupt, I'm not finished

Shinonome ain't shyt in every instance of herself :scust: I wonder if I'm right in assuming she's basically a husk at the end of all this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn I’m not sure what happened I transferred all my saved game data to my cloud from ps4 on ps plus but this was the only game that didn’t carry over.:mjcry: