13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (September 20)(PS4)(86 On Opencritic)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm almost done it now. It gets crazy good as the game progresses. Even the combat is actually really good once it opens up more. It's actually fairly underrated, since it's marred by its presentation.

Yeah, this is the kind of game thats really hard to sell through a trailer. It’s RTS, which is very simple looking but VERY fun once you start getting deeper. The story segments are also not the most visually pleasing but the further you get into it the more complex it gets with twists happening at every turn. YOu have to play it to understand it

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, this is the kind of game thats really hard to sell through a trailer. It’s RTS, which is very simple looking but VERY fun once you start getting deeper. The story segments are also not the most visually pleasing but the further you get into it the more complex it gets with twists happening at every turn. YOu have to play it to understand it

The art-style of the story is actually very pleasing and has a lot of charm to it. Only thing is, since it's not doing a whole lot, it undersells it, for sure.

Not even done yet, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with you as being a game of the year for 2020. It's definitely top 3 for me, at least.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The art-style of the story is actually very pleasing and has a lot of charm to it. Only thing is, since it's not doing a whole lot, it undersells it, for sure.

Not even done yet, but I'm leaning towards agreeing with you as being a game of the year for 2020. It's definitely top 3 for me, at least.

Yeah the art style is great but there’s nothing flashy enough you can show off in a trailer without spoiling the game so, yeah its harder to market.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I'm almost done it now. It gets crazy good as the game progresses. Even the combat is actually really good once it opens up more. It's actually fairly underrated, since it's marred by its presentation.
I heard that the combat was pretty lackluster going into it but I’m a nerd for a good Japanese sci fi story so whatever. And I’m pleasantly surprised by how it feels and it seems like it’ll open up a bit.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I fukked up two or 3 missions for the s rank. I played on normal
I've played on Intense since the beginning. It's moderately challenging, but nothing too crazy if read what's impending on each wave and you're leveling up accordingly, making sure to spread the wealth across the cast since you're forced to switch on every so often due to BOL. I have all S ranks but one so far on wave 2, mission 8, I think. I'm currently up to wave 3, but haven't started it yet. I'm making sure I S rank each mission before advancing. It's also good for levelling up as well.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This NEEDS an anime, prompto. I'd say a movie as well, but Ionno if a single movie could contain everything properly and do it justice. I'd probably take a good 4-7 seasons to flesh everything out in an anime.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This NEEDS an anime, prompto. I'd say a movie as well, but Ionno if a single movie could contain everything properly and do it justice. I'd probably take a good 4-7 seasons to flesh everything out in an anime.

Naw a regular 2 series (24 ep) anime would be good enough

This actually reminds me a lot of darling in the franxx anime