12/9 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Regis Prograis (WBC Jr Welterweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
A large % of that is by choice after he feels the opponent out. A Cruz rematch wouldn't even be in play had he not broken his hand, even he had Cruz hurt a few times. Cats just have to deal with the fact Tank is a major draw/an elite A side:manny:

I'm not even concerned about that A-Side/B-Side mess.

And I agree with you about him giving away rounds to figure things out. I seen it at the beginning of the Romero fight. That's how I knew the left hand was coming at some point. But that was against a guy who we all felt like was gifted a belt earlier this year. Devin is on another level. At 25 years old, dude has nearly seen it all. Do you honestly believe "giving away rounds" would work on someone like Devin Haney?

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
A large % of that is by choice after he feels the opponent out. A Cruz rematch wouldn't even be in play had he not broken his hand, even he had Cruz hurt a few times. Cats just have to deal with the fact Tank is a major draw/an elite A side:manny:
Tank has had one ppv that was extremely successful.

Let see how well his next ppv does

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Would you say more people thought he won or lost? I'd bet more would say he lost.

Most people? :mjpls:

:mjlol:

Seriously... I remember reading the punch stats for that fight. Haney had outlanded him by 25+ punches before that Round 10. And that's when Loma made it even.

That's how close that fight was. I picked Haney. But I have no beef with people saying Loma won because it was a close and great fight. Probably fight of the year.

My probably is people yelling robbery. That wasn't a robbery. Lara was robbed against Williams. Castillo was robbed against Mayweather.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This fight was a foregone conclusion. Styles make fights and Prograis was a perfect style matchup for Haney

BUT gotta give props to Haney because of HOW he fought in this match. It would have been easy to just use his jab and run around the ring. But he was operating masterful in the mid range standing in front of Prograis making him miss and hitting him with beautiful counters. On top of that intelligently picking up on Prograis style and defending when he anticipated what Prograis would counter with. Literally got the power puncher gunshy

This was his best performance IMO
Still want him to face a fighter that can challenge his style though

Regis.

Is a good. No an actual savant boxer for his actual ring time. Regis only started boxing at exactly 17 years old from his own mouth. So I give regos credit.
for being that skilled in less than ten years time. Yet Regis was never gonna ramp in time to beat Haney. Anyone who knows sports with junior competition and how decorated Haney is to actual ring and match time. Should have known this fight was going to turn out the way it did. Devin has fought this kind of kid all his life. The accomplished savant beginner in Regis and this fight turned out exactly how someone with inexperienced Imatch and ring time would fair. Versus Devin a prodigy in boxing since a child.

Regis I tip my hat to the kid and was impressed by his camp's draw building for this fight.
They really got across the type of kid this. I am a Haney fan but this was the first opponent. Devin fought where I gained respect for the fighter.
Plus feel Regis has drawing legs in boxing and even mma. Especially if Regis is studying the other disciplines. Imo Regis in general any other fighter woth his lack of experience. Would be nowhere near where this kid earned his way to.
Now granted all these kids are shackled because of the change in and degradation of rhe american education system.
Yet given those ideals. Plus the degradation of the American home. For more kids to have a father like Devin. So given the fact Regis is such a late late start. I think he was prepared as much as someone who was a champion with his lack of ringtime. Plus more skilled than most. Considering the huge discrepancy and difference in ring slash match bout time.

Devin is my current active favorite followed by the pillow fighter. Yet I found another fighter to take interest in. Just because they showed and proved.
considering their level of experience.

Salute to Regis.

Art Barr

*Devin Haney fan

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Damn this whole forum got they foot on Tank neck :mjlit:
Maybe it cause certain people left after Bud/Spence but being pbc and a cash cow ain’t saving him from criticism, you love to see it :ehh:

I fukk with Tank but he on the clock with this next fight, folks will give a pass if Issac Cruz rematch is his tune up since he didn't do anything after the jail stint, but come his 2nd right of 2024 if it aint Shakur/Loma/Frank Martin I think the separation will begin.

Tank vs Loma isn't "sexy" but its the kind of match making where on paper years later it looks good if you ignore the nuances of the time as most people do when casually browsing records lol.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Just watched the Andy Cruz fight....my god the punch selection :ohlawd:, he ready for prime time. Let him fight for that title

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Who is everyone? Y`all gotta step out of your bubbles. Neither dudes were big names in the Casual lane (aka the people who fund boxing), Spence had a lane doing the AT&T stadium stuff but they would not have gotten the Career paydays they got this yr if this fight happened 2-3 years ago.
Oh I'm sorry.. when I say everyone I'm not including the Spence D-eaters that bought into that side of the street bullshyt going with the narritive that the fight had to he for undisputed to happen.. The boxing world, outside of these individuals, were calling for this fight ever since Bud punked Spence in that hallway back in 2018.. People get tired of waiting and lose interest.. Look at Wilder vs AJ.. look that fight woulda done huge numbers if it happened when it was supposed to.. Now if we even get it at all years later we will be getting a diminished product and the fight will never have the interest it had years prior

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Most people? :mjpls:

Seriously... I remember reading the punch stats for that fight. Haney had outlanded him by 25+ punches before that Round 10. And that's when Loma made it even.

That's how close that fight was. I picked Haney. But I have no beef with people saying Loma won because it was a close and great fight. Probably fight of the year.

My probably is people yelling robbery. That wasn't a robbery. Lara was robbed against Williams. Castillo was robbed against Mayweather.
You know nikkas only wanna use punch stats when it's convenient

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Oh I'm sorry.. when I say everyone I'm not including the Spence D-eaters that bought into that side of the street bullshyt going with the narritive that the fight had to he for undisputed to happen.. The boxing world, outside of these individuals, were calling for this fight ever since Bud punked Spence in that hallway back in 2018.. People get tired of waiting and lose interest.. Look at Wilder vs AJ.. look that fight woulda done huge numbers if it happened when it was supposed to.. Now if we even get it at all years later we will be getting a diminished product and the fight will never have the interest it had years prior

Why did the fight happen literally when Bud left TR (after he signed 2 times)