12/9 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Regis Prograis (WBC Jr Welterweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
don’t nobody give a fukk about undisputed that shyt don’t sell pay views.

how many undisputed titles did Mayweather fight for?
How many undisputed titles has Tank fought for?
Canelo out here doing numbers do you think his fans give a fukk about undisputed?

Crawford versus Spence was supposed to be the biggest fight of the year put the pay-per-view didn’t do amazing.

nikka Loma versus Haney did less than 150,000 buys.

I just want these guys to stop wasting our time with bullshyt fights. Rolly is a certified bum, Haney just had a virtuoso performance, and you want him to step down to fight that bum?
Undisputed +Extended Undisputed Reign Defending Title is Pinnacle of Boxing Success

However alphabet boys diminish this at every turn and opportunity via stupid belts and email champions

Mayweather should've fought Kell Brook instead of Berto

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'll give you that. And I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very high on Davis. Their skill isnt separated by much. But I think the height/reach advantage and Davis lack of putting punches together is what gives Haney the edge.

And yes, I was in Sibley Scoles DMs last night. Twitter and Instagram. :heh:
And we can't underestimate Haney's opposition has prepared him for a fight like this better than Tank's has. Tank had major issues closing the gap against a lanky less skilled Mario Barrios. He's gonna have a helluva time doing that against Haney; the more athletic & more skilled fighter if it ever happens

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I agree with everything you said except I don't think the Davis fight is a toss up. I think he beats Davis convincingly.

But aside from the experience, what's just as important is the type of experience. Dude has fought every type of fighter and like you said, he goes to the lab sees what needs to be fix and works on it.

Def a toss up 50/50 fight, Tank boxing IQ is underrated, he can pressure and counter just as effective and has cinder blocks in both hands, these other cats at 135-40 are limited in some capicity in not being as well rounded. I'd favor Haney easily against the rest of them.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The thing with tank though is that he only needs one. And even though Devin is more skilled, tank is still very skilled himself. Combine that with great speed and great power and that's what makes him so scary. Tank just knows how to catch up to guys. He doesn't care if he loses every round, he's only trying to set that one trap. He sticks to the gameplan and he's superb at it.

And even though Devin has improved a lot defensively, he's still certainly not unhittable. And he can be lulled into traps at times. Especially against guys with speed and accuracy. That's why I see it as 50-50. Tank just has that power and explosiveness that makes him tough to beat for 12 rounds.
Facts

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tanks loses so many rounds just being inactive

one day that knock out isn’t going to come.
A large % of that is by choice after he feels the opponent out. A Cruz rematch wouldn't even be in play had he not broken his hand, even he had Cruz hurt a few times. Cats just have to deal with the fact Tank is a major draw/an elite A side:manny:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

I'll still give it to Benevidez. Dude annihilated both of his opponents.

Devin had a great performance last night but he definitely lost to Lomachenko earlier this year. No way in hell is he fighter of the year. It's either Crawford (:stopitslime:), Benavidez or Inoue. It'll probably be Inoue if he beats Tapales this month.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Def a toss up 50/50 fight, Tank boxing IQ is underrated, he can pressure and counter just as effective and has cinder blocks in both hands, these other cats at 135-40 are limited in some capicity in not being as well rounded. I'd favor Haney easily against the rest of them.

I'm not disregarding his talent and skill. I think they're neck and neck. Davis lack of physical gifts (height and reach) along with his low output is why I have Haney winning.

And like I've already mentioned, I don't think very highly of him.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Absolute clinic. I expected Haney to win, but not that easy. No one has ever touched up Prograis like that. Even more surprisingly, Haney's showing decent punching power, dude deserves all the credit in the world right now. I wanna see Malignaggi's reaction to this cause he was talking down on Haney crazy prior to the fight 😅

That Taylor vs Regis fight looking suspect in retrospect
:troll: :lolbron:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Devin had a great performance last night but he definitely lost to Lomachenko earlier this year. No way in hell is he fighter of the year. It's either Crawford (:stopitslime:), Benavidez or Inoue. It'll probably be Inoue if he beats Tapales this month.

I say this about the Loma fight...

If he definitely lost to Loma, Hagler definitely lost to Leonard.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm not disregarding his talent and skill. I think they're neck and neck. Davis lack of physical gifts (height and reach) along with his low output is why I have Haney winning.

And like I've already mentioned, I don't think very highly of him.

Devin was food at 135 with the weight draining, that was Shakur and Tank's time to wash him. Devin is going to be a benevidez situation in the context of the more experience he gets the worse things will be and him being able to finally grow Is going to multiply it.

Teo is the only one who probably face the talent level Haney has and we see how he showed kinks while Haney hasn't really when it was time to step up

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing with tank though is that he only needs one. And even though Devin is more skilled, tank is still very skilled himself. Combine that with great speed and great power and that's what makes him so scary. Tank just knows how to catch up to guys. He doesn't care if he loses every round, he's only trying to set that one trap. He sticks to the gameplan and he's superb at it.

And even though Devin has improved a lot defensively, he's still certainly not unhittable. And he can be lulled into traps at times. Especially against guys with speed and accuracy. That's why I see it as 50-50. Tank just has that power and explosiveness that makes him tough to beat for 12 rounds.
Tank has one of the lowest punch outputs in boxing. Regis landed the lowest amount of punches in history and Devin was simply pivoting on defense, instead of skipping or taking a half step back. Simply pivoting. If he fight Tank, imagine how stifled Tank's offense would be? Devin probably didn't leave the 2nd gear last night. Linares, Jo Jo, Kambosas (twice), Loma, and Regis.....6 different fights.....6 different styles. The defensive wrinkles they'll have for Tank will have him looking regular too.