12/9 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Regis Prograis (WBC Jr Welterweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Most people? :mjpls:

:mjlol:

Seriously... I remember reading the punch stats for that fight. Haney had outlanded him by 25+ punches before that Round 10. And that's when Loma made it even.

That's how close that fight was. I picked Haney. But I have no beef with people saying Loma won because it was a close and great fight. Probably fight of the year.

My probably is people yelling robbery. That wasn't a robbery. Lara was robbed against Williams. Castillo was robbed against Mayweather.
Castillo? Hey man have a great week, this argument is over

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not even concerned about that A-Side/B-Side mess.

And I agree with you about him giving away rounds to figure things out. I seen it at the beginning of the Romero fight. That's how I knew the left hand was coming at some point. But that was against a guy who we all felt like was gifted a belt earlier this year. Devin is on another level. At 25 years old, dude has nearly seen it all. Do you honestly believe "giving away rounds" would work on someone like Devin Haney?

Tank believes in his abilities as much as Devin does his :manny: . It's no guarantee how Tank would come out initially. I'm sure it's at least a chance Devin would come out cautious against Tank thus producing the possibility of giving up rounds on his end also. Tank isn't Regis, night and day there in regards to defense and boxing ability.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Tank believes in his abilities as much as Devin does his :manny: . It's no guarantee how Tank would come out initially. I'm sure it's at least a chance Devin would come out cautious against Tank thus producing the possibility of giving up rounds on his end also. Tank isn't Regis, night and day there in regards to defense and boxing ability.

Come on cuh... You're hedging. How you come out and say "Tank gives away rounds to figure things out" and two post later say you don't know how he would come out?

Don't get me wrong. You make a great point. We don't know how Davis would come out. But given his track record, we kinda have a clue.

You also make a point about Haney. He might come out hesitant to engage because of the one hitter quitter. But I imagine that's something he can adjust to.

I had Haney picked back then and I still have him picked. Davis is done very little to convince me otherwise. And Haney has constantly shown me that he's a better fighter than his contemporaries.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
At this point the fight doesn’t even make sense anymore

Tank isn’t a big 135er, and Haney looked extremely huge at 140.
Real talk, Devin is and always been huge for 5'9. The fact that he's so agile for his frame is quite crazy, dude can end off his career at 160 easy. I think he walks around 180. He's like Errol looking big at 147

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

His actions tell otherwise. He's 4 years older, been around the scene longer but it's still Haney who's gone independent to make the best fights possible, becoming undisputed at 135, defending it two times, and then dominating one of the top 140ers in his debut there while Tank who's still the cash cow around his division still clinging onto PBC and mostly playing along with their matchmaking plans, fighting in-house fights (except Ryan Garcia), defending a secondary belt.

It's ok to like Tank more or think he'd beat Haney, w/e to me but his fans gotta be real about the situation at this point. He's in the position to make these big fights, he just doesn't. :yeshrug:

Agree on the other part, Haney would be more cautious fighting Tank cause one punch can end the fight there but I believe he has the right style to beat Tank, just has to use his advantages in reach and mobility and jab Tank's head off for 12.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
This was easily the best I've ever seen Haney, he's 25, probably still improving and he did look stronger at 140 w/o having to cut as much as he did earlier. Yea, he won via UD but you could see he has enough pop to hurt or at least keep honest everyone at 140.

But he didn't just improve in power, his ring IQ, movement, defense, and punch variety were the best I've ever seen from him too, even better than his performance in the Kambosos rematch.
Looking forward if he gets even better than this in the future but even rn I don't think anybody is beating him at 140. He's a bad style matchup for Teo and I think he beats Matias too.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I don’t give a fukk bout fights selling, I’m not getting paid to watch.

You out here trying to play promoter like u getting paid to put in bullshyt fights. Why would any true boxing fan want Devin to fight rolly?

I just wanna see the best fight the best.

Are u not sick of boxing wasting our time with meaningless fights?

Feed rolly to matias.

Thank you we have perfect matchup staring us in the face and now we want to talk about we need to have some meaningless belt fight like that really matters.

Knowing how long already it takes for most fights to get made anyway under the best of circumstances