12/9 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Regis Prograis (WBC Jr Welterweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
interested to see how fast Devin looks at the new weight and if he can discover some pop
Having the ability to actually strength train instead of having fat camps should definitely help with speed. It may take a few fights/camps before the power shows up.

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Why in tf is this fight PPV :what:

Dazn can eat a whole dikk, Top Rank is finna put on a card 5x this one with the Shakur De Los Santos bout and even they don't have the nerve

Haney on the cards nonetheless. Prograis ain't getting out the way of that jab even tho it's an open stance fight

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Having the ability to actually strength train instead of having fat camps should definitely help with speed. It may take a few fights/camps before the power shows up.

I think it will take a good year before he can have time to see gains/fill in with strength training. I feel he should aim to get Regis belt, vacate the 135s, and have 3 fights in 24 (2 defenses and later in the year Unify). This will give him a good period to work on some things and as I stated fill in. If he unifies then he an aim to Undisputed 140 in 2025 or try to lure tank up there, but I would NOT drop back down to 135. If they wanted tank they should have aimed to make that fight now and then move up, but the position Devin is in he has decent leverage if this 140 fight doesn't go as planned he still has belts at 135, but if he wins I would bounce from 135 for good.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

A lot of Boxers who lack punching power go to lower weight classes because they have a size advantage to cancel out their lack of power, like Haney has done. Similar to Shawn Porter or Jared Hurd

Don't really think Devin Haney has much power and a bigger weight class might make the punching power worse

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

haney had pop...haney had actual pop..before his shoulder surgery...haney stopped ppl..the knock was he would stay in first gear too long to get those stoppages...shyt when he fought burgos i even posted on here in real time it was frustrating watching him do that because burgos is a hard person to hurt and drop nevermind stop... haney actually had him in real trouble before letting him off the hook..but then moran and abdullaev KO's were brutal and damaging and it showed he did have pop....even in the last fight he had before the surgery he scored a knockdown..his KO rate was near 60 percent...i think a combination of that and outgrowing the division has played a part in decrease of power...hopefully 140 we will see a semblance of that returing...prograis does have a more than serviceable chin though

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Huh? What you talking about Kambosas for? And how is selling 5k on the first day of a presale not remarkable in respect to Ellerbe constantly saying Haney isn't a viable opponent business wise? Ryan fought Fortuna before Tank and sold a total of about 12k tickets while using Tank's name as a selling point because he was his next opponent. Selling almost half of his total tickets sold in one day of a presale while standing alone shouldn't signal good business to Ellerbe??
Im just saying, any crowd under 50k is not that remarkable.

Make of that what you will.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Why in tf is this fight PPV :what:

Dazn can eat a whole dikk, Top Rank is finna put on a card 5x this one with the Shakur De Los Santos bout and even they don't have the nerve

Haney on the cards nonetheless. Prograis ain't getting out the way of that jab even tho it's an open stance fight
Not to be a dikk but it's only their loss, not worth to get mad about it, pirate streams in HD quality are readily available for these fights, you don't have to pay a cent

I'm more mad at the Shakur card being on a Thursday, as a European how the fukk I suppose to watch that in the early hours of Friday on a regular work day? I guess I'll have to watch it on allthebestfights or something the next morning