12/9 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Regis Prograis (WBC Jr Welterweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
This is a tough fight imo. Shout-out both fellas for stepping up.

Haney opens up at -450
Regis at +310
And it might move a bit closer

It's gonna take a lot out of either fighter to secure the win in this one.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
People acting like this is a guaranteed win for Haney because of Regis's last performance but this is a legit 50/50.
Maybe a bit too much but Im picking Haney and it’s not exactly a 50-50 to me, if it would be I wouldn’t know who I pick but I know. Regis is a tough opponent though no doubt and props for Haney to take him as his first fight at 140. A dangerous puncher who’s easily in the top 2 of the division rn.

I think Haney’s speed will stump Regis’ efforts to build something up here. He has to be careful cause Prograis is tricky and is a good counter-puncher but as long as Haney keeps it safe and moves around he’ll be ok.
Prograis doesn’t have the footspeed to catch up and doesn’t have the reach to punish Haney as long as he doesn’t overcommit on something. I expect a Haney UD.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Unless Shakur wanted to only fight for one belt, I'm not sure why y'all keep running with this tired narrative. The WBC doesn't control the purse for the other 3 belts Devin has. So congrats, the WBC would've granted a different purse split for THEIR belt.....now what about the other ones? There's no way around Shakur fumbling away his opportunity by not taking 25% for ALL the belts. But....spin away.

Alot of juelzing in this post, you tried lol

If a fighter activates his mandatory to fight another fighter, how is that fumbling? Why didn't Haney accept Shakur as a mandatory for Undisputed? :lupe:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alot of juelzing in this post, you tried lol

If a fighter activates his mandatory to fight another fighter, how is that fumbling? Why didn't Haney accept Shakur as a mandatory for Undisputed? :lupe:
He chose Shakur for Undisputed. Offered him a contract. Nobody else at 135 even offered Shakur a cheeseburger, and instead of accepting a legacy fight, Shakur went to ONE sanctioning body to whine. Your spin job is embarrassing. There's a fight this weekend....Charlo and Canelo both Undisputed.....point me in the direction where YOU'VE made a post in any thread about how either of them should be fighting their mandatory of one of those belts instead of this fight. I'm waiting....

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
First day of a PRESALE? Absolutely. Name another potential Tank opponent that can carry their own weight like that...
Kambosos is barely known in Australia, and he sold 65,000 + tickets in his first of their two fights, and if they don't know Kambosos is, they definitely didn't know Haney.

So not sure how 5,000 is remarkable in this respect?

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kambosos is barely known in Australia, and he sold 65,000 + tickets in his first of their two fights, and if they don't know Kambosos is, they definitely didn't know Haney.

So not sure how 5,000 is remarkable in this respect?
Huh? What you talking about Kambosas for? And how is selling 5k on the first day of a presale not remarkable in respect to Ellerbe constantly saying Haney isn't a viable opponent business wise? Ryan fought Fortuna before Tank and sold a total of about 12k tickets while using Tank's name as a selling point because he was his next opponent. Selling almost half of his total tickets sold in one day of a presale while standing alone shouldn't signal good business to Ellerbe??