[12/27/23] AEW Dynamite: Continental Classic Semfinals; Will the Puttys actually have a match this time?

Who advances to the Continental Classic Finals (choose 1 from Blue, 1 from Gold)?

• Gold: Jay White

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Gold: Jon Moxley

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gold: Swerve Strickland

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Bryan Danielson

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Eddie Kingston

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Too much fed-lite bullshyt on the show tonight. They need to wrap up this Devil and Don Callis Family garbage and move on to something better, both had potential but have gone completely off the rails and accomplished nothing for anyone involved.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Exactly, Kingston retaining his belts kinda makes this whole tournament pointless.
To be fair, the point of the CC was to give Danielson the G-1 he was never going to have. You then add all the good to great matches we got and people like Andrade, Brody and García being elevated in a way the previous 12-18 months of booking never came close to doing -plus Swerve getting even more momentum-, and the whole thing is already a massive success.

Now Eddie gets elevated even more and he continues to be the de facto ROH champ. This is the best scenario considering most people would've been pissed to see Swerve or White be relegated to the "ROH champ with another name" role.

Last edited:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
MJF needs to drop the AEW World Title. This second-rate WWE storyline is bad and hurting the prestige of the AEW World Title.
It's definitely soured. The whole brochacho thing didn't need the belt and made the belt feel "less than." His matches with Cole were really good but once they became friends, the belt stopped shining as bright. The 4 Pillars match was great but Sammy (groan) and Jungle Bítch (fukking lol) should've never sniffed the air of that title. The Iron Man Match was great. So were the Joe matches. No changes there. Hell I'll say that the Jay White feud was mid level trash too. Honestly, I would have went with Juice Robinson. At least he can match Max where it counts. AND he got in his head with the roll of quarters.

It's all the bullshyt in between that's ruined it.

If MJF's reign had just been vs Darby, Bryan, Cole then Joe, it would be great. But this smoke and mirrors bullshyt is just that.....bullshyt!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Danielson has to fly over to Japan at some point. He's got Okaka at the Tokyo Dome on 1/4. I'm guessing maybe he's leaving in the next couple of days.
Mox is working WK too so I don't think travel is the issue at all.

If Danielson doesn't work the PPV it's because Tony didn't want to further risk ruining the Okada rematch than what he already did. He probably had New Japan people feel like:why: for 6 straight weeks so he gave them this symbolic gesture of not using him for World's End :mjlol:.

If Dragon gets a random PPV match announced on Friday it would be fukking hilarious though.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I forgot Sami was even out, the group has such come and go appearances on TV that I thought he was just chillin and waiting his turn like the rest of em.

So to me it seemed like he just joined Callis, then immediately in some forced out bullshyt for no reason. Then add on top of it that his major ally is the person he just double crossed to join Callis.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm fine with the tourney final, the right people made it to the final 5. And if this belt is gonna be for someone who can run in ROH and some low card spots on AEW tv, then Eddie is that guy. Not big on Mox but it fits given Eddie has defeated his biggest enemies in the company and now has to defeat his biggest homie.