[12/27/23] AEW Dynamite: Continental Classic Semfinals; Will the Puttys actually have a match this time?

Who advances to the Continental Classic Finals (choose 1 from Blue, 1 from Gold)?

• Gold: Jay White

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Gold: Jon Moxley

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gold: Swerve Strickland

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Bryan Danielson

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Eddie Kingston

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Triple threat was a tale of two matches. The brawl outside the ring was fukking horrible. Once they went back to the ring and started to fight with some purpose it turned into a fun match. Nothing to write home about though, might be the weakest match in the whole tournament. As a lot of us have been saying, there was no point in having Swerve win this considering that TC champ is not a role he needs right now. Let him get the W over Keith and win the AEW title early 2024 :ehh:

Eddie vs Danielson had to be seen on FITE because Dragon being a fukking a$$hole in the first commercial break was :bryan: loved the story of Eddie not falling for the same stuff he fell in their previous AEW encounters and of course they beat the shyt out of each other. Fitting close to the group stage.

Good promo from Mox to hype up the finals.

The closing angle was as uninteresting as I expected. Joe taking advantage of the Devil's fukkery makes sense but at this point I feel he lost all the momentum he had 1 month ago. Between this Devil horsehit of a mystery angle and Swerve having a perfect 8 week run, I no longer need to watch Joe win. Though a short title reign to put Swerve over at Revolution is better than MJF defying all odds again against Joe so there's that :yeshrug:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
They actually had hella time to build this PPV, and it still feels half assed.
Because it was half ass. Khan does this every ppv. He knows that the people who will buy it, will buy it. The build is where he always shyts the bed. One or two things are hot and then 2 weeks out he throws the rest together.

Now I will 100% give him a pass on the Tag Title match. That fell apart when that promo was so nauseating that Kenny got diverticulitis from it.

:francis: But the rest of the show? Same old Tony Khan booking.

The CC has been going for 2 months, I get that. But why not have Miro take out his frustrations on guys leading to the eventual match with Andrade?

Suddenly Keith wants to wrestle Swerve after a year. What?

Abadon just shows up........yeah the women's division has pretty much sucked for forever.

Riho just shows up.......yeah the women's division has pretty much sucked for forever.

:yeshrug: It's just TK beimg TK....

I know the show will be good though.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The only part of that main event segment that wasn't fukking stupid as hell was Joe being in cahoots with the Devil the entire time.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
so no jey white or danielson @ the ppv ? are they taking a break or creative got nothing for them :jbhmm::what:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Not even sure how they could've wrapped up The Devil storyline but mysterious masked men wasn't it.
As soon as Cole twisted his ankle TK should have put the call in to Hornswoggle! Put the Devil mask on him, put him on a stool and then have it die the death that Hornswoggle has conditioned the fans to accept.

3c7d5-1525249768-800.jpg

Hornswoggle-Anonymous-Raw-GM-645x370.jpg