[12/27/23] AEW Dynamite: Continental Classic Semfinals; Will the Puttys actually have a match this time?

Who advances to the Continental Classic Finals (choose 1 from Blue, 1 from Gold)?

• Gold: Jay White

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Gold: Jon Moxley

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gold: Swerve Strickland

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Bryan Danielson

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Eddie Kingston

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I’m still trippin off the fact D Bry didn’t win that AEW World Title tournament when he lost to Mox in the final round :snoop:

That was a WOAT booking decision

The CC was a dope ass booking idea tho, I’m having a hard time remembering the last time WWE did something as dope as that :ehh:

I feel like Jay White shoulda went to the finals and beat Eddie. I understand Mox vs Eddie to some extent but nah :camby:

I don’t understand why they’d have Eddie do all this just to keep the same titles he went into it with tho :dwillhuh:

And Mox damn sure don’t need this win. Mox and Eddie were literally the 2 people in the whole CC that made least sense to win it all :mjtf:

Also will this be another world title for AEW? :jbhmm:

I doubt MJF losing to Joe. Pretty sure they gone have Swerve be the one to take the title off him. AEW does heel vs heel way more than WWE but I doubt they doing it for Joe vs Swerve. Then again tho Joe been more of a tweener lately :jbhmm:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I’m still trippin off the fact D Bry didn’t win that AEW World Title tournament when he lost to Mox in the final round :snoop:

That was a WOAT booking decision

The CC was a dope ass booking idea tho, I’m having a hard time remembering the last time WWE did something as dope as that :ehh:

I feel like Jay White shoulda went to the finals and beat Eddie. I understand Mox vs Eddie to some extent but nah :camby:

I don’t understand why they’d have Eddie do all this just to keep the same titles he went into it with tho :dwillhuh:

And Mox damn sure don’t need this win. Mox and Eddie were literally the 2 people in the whole CC that made least sense to win it all :mjtf:

Also will this be another world title for AEW? :jbhmm:

I doubt MJF losing to Joe. Pretty sure they gone have Swerve be the one to take the title off him. AEW does heel vs heel way more than WWE but I doubt they doing it for Joe vs Swerve. Then again tho Joe been more of a tweener lately :jbhmm:
Swerve might as well just be considered a babyface at this point as he gets more babyface reaction than just about anyone else in that company.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Is there any way it can be salvaged? It needs a top name to make an impact.....
That's the thing. It needs a top name but there aren't any available. That's why everyone is :mjlol: :unimpressed: about the whole angle because it's been 3 months of it and every fan knows there's no one that can realistically be The Devil and not be underwhelming. And they keep stretching it out week after week with no end in sight :dead:
My guess is that something that Tony booked on the fly.

First: Danielson is :mjcry: about never working a G-1 and realizing he'll probably never work one (at least that's what he thinks in 2023).

Second: Tony sees an opportunity and comes up with his own G-1, realizing that with 5 hours of Dynamite + Collision, there's enough TV time to do a round robin tournament.

Three: They discuss who could win the tournament and decide Eddie is a good name for it.

Four: Tony goes :ohhh: at the possibility of making up a "Triple Crown" like All Japan by using Eddie's belts so he can boost up the ROH Title by giving it a new, "bigger" name.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I know that Jay White was in New Japan and even did work in TNA. I get it. But I just don't see "IT" with him like these other people do.

The best thing he's done in AEW is the 3 out of 3 tag match vs FTR. That's his peak.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I know that Jay White was in New Japan and even did work in TNA. I get it. But I just don't see "IT" with him like these other people do.

The best thing he's done in AEW is the 3 out of 3 tag match vs FTR. That's his peak.
The tourney really exposed him. Dude needs a hype man. He’s a cocky heel, but there’s only so much one can go with that. He’s pretty good in-ring, but it depends on the talent he works with. I had no interest in the match with MJF.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Blonde chick with the titties :whoo:

Her titties outshining Paige titties :whoo:;

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Surprised Danielson lost. Really hope Mox does the right thing Saturday. MF don't need NONE of them belts but TK be so far up his ass its a shame.

Really wish Jay White would've won. Dude hasn't won shyt since coming in.

Daps

WF4Pt3t.png