11/16 ESPN: Shakur Stevenson vs Edwin De Los Santos (vacant WBC 135 Title) / Emanuel Navarrete vs Robson Conceicao (WBO 130 Title)

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
This shyt was so bad. Worst fight I've seen since Prograis last fight. Shakur lost his damn mind talking bout he wanna fight Tank. I mean could he handle the match yeah but people are going to HATE him after that :russ: you ain't gainin fans off of Tank breh breh.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After this fight idk if Tank beats him, Shakur could really just step back or jab the whole fight like he did tonight, and obviously Shakur won’t engage enough to catch one like rolly
:patrice:
Why wouldn't Tank engage? Tank don't stay in downloading phase all night, he steps up the front foot pressure and offense as the fight progresses. Shakur would be the best defensive and skilled fighter Tank has fought but it's not like he would fear the power coming back at him and we now have a couple of fights to see that Shakur's offense gets neutered when he's in there with someone with power and a bit of athleticism, which Tank has by the boatload.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Why wouldn't Tank engage? Tank don't stay in downloading phase all night, he steps up the front foot pressure and offense as the fight progresses. Shakur would be the best defensive and skilled fighter Tank has fought but it's not like he would fear the power coming back at him and we now have a couple of fights to see that Shakur's offense gets neutered when he's in there with someone with power and a bit of athleticism, which Tank has by the boatload.
I think the more concerning part even though shakur was defensively responsive was his inability to make dls pay on his step back, he couldn't fight on the backfoot at all. You csnt do that against tank.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It takes two fighters to make an exciting fight. Like I said a few pages back, De Los Santos was too outclassed and didn't have the tools to make it a good fight. Dude immediately started to fight Shakur's fight: potshotting, feinting, slowing it down, etc.

However, De Los Santos is dangerous enough to not get aggressive against - any smart boxer would fight the same fight. People very much used to boo a young Mayweather when fighting against a similar style: a patient fighter with one punch, fight-changing power with just enough boxing skills to expose you once and change the fight. There's no choice but to fight these guys like that. If social media were around heavy during those days, they would've clowned dude bad then too. People (and Larry Merchant) used to boo Roy Jones as well for taking the same precautions.

It's great ring generalship by Shakur causing De Los Santos to fight his fight, but it's less exciting of a fight because Shakur is smart enough of a fighter to know you can't let your hands go against someone like that. Got to stick to your game plan and have that discipline because the most important thing to do is win the fight. Sure it may not make the most fans, but keep in ming if you lose a fight in any fashion it all goes away.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It takes two fighters to make an exciting fight. Like I said a few pages back, De Los Santos was too outclassed and didn't have the tools to make it a good fight.

However, De Los Santos is dangerous enough to not get aggressive against - any smart boxer would fight the same fight. People very much used to boo a young Mayweather when fighting against a similar fighter: a patient fighter with one punch, fight-changing power with just enough boxing skills to expose you once and change the fight. There's no choice but to fight these guys like that.
Whats triggering is the “beat his ass” talk lol shakur claim he gonna beat everyone ass vs saying outbox and outclass. Thats ine thing i’ll give devin he usually talks in the outclass context

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It takes two fighters to make an exciting fight. Like I said a few pages back, De Los Santos was too outclassed and didn't have the tools to make it a good fight.

However, De Los Santos is dangerous enough to not get aggressive against - any smart boxer would fight the same fight. People very much used to boo a young Mayweather when fighting against a similar style: a patient fighter with one punch, fight-changing power with just enough boxing skills to expose you once and change the fight. There's no choice but to fight these guys like that. If social media were around heavy during those days, they would've clowned dude bad then too.

I get what you're saying. But at the same time, Shakur needed to be more offensive. In order to get to that top echelon of fighters in history you have to be ok with being in that line of fire and take risks with a power puncher, to get the victory. Floyd did it with Maidana, Andre did it with Kovalev, Bud did it with Mean Machine, Ali did it with Foreman, Hagler did it with Hearns, etc etc