106 & Park officially cancelled this Friday 12 year run over.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
RIP music videos, I was watching the VMAs and I damn didn't recognize a damn video that was nominated

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
So with 106 dead....how they gonna do Awards shows like BET hiphop Awards and BET Awards.....I mean sure they can still do them but with 106 people got to see artists videos and get familiar with them....basically artists got more exposure.....even radio gets its playlists from shows like 106.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Tre' you makin' me depressed now

:sad: I remember watchin' BET all day, after school, to record Kanye's Through The Wire video on VHS :sad:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
good f*cking riddance

rest in poop

have you ever actually tried to sit thru an episode of that show? lol. not knocking the hosts, they are the typical smileyface sticker n!ggas, but the music...good grief. and this is like the only mainstream video program on tv, lol, playin that f*ckin garbage every single day, MAKING people like it because they hear it all the time. yeah, f*ck that show.

Yeah cuz it was all fine and good when you and everyone else watched Lil Bow Wow, Mario and Lil Romeo duke it out for YEARS on that show for the top spot? :dry: What, Free's ass was so good sitting down that you were cool with watching an hour and a half of crappy videos THEN? Shiiiitt, I hope you got to smash.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Havent watched it in years but with that gone all is left is Sucker Free Countdown and i don't think that comes on everyday.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Grew up on this :to:

Stopped watching since.like 2005 but this was my shyt back in da day

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
For those celebrating this, it's not that good. The inherent problem for artists is that it's one less venue to promote your record/movie /whatever on TV.

Did it get corny? Yeah, perhaps. But nearly all of us are at an age where we outgrew that show. Like Jadillac said, I feel bad for teenagers. They don't have countdown shows, music videos on TV, good sitcoms. Think about it. The shows that get play are shows we grew up on years ago (Wayans Bros, Martin, In Living Color, Saved By The Bell, Boy Meets World, etc.)

What use does BET even serve anymore?

The late 90s babies and the 00s babies are gonna have a rough coming of age, especially without being exposed to any quality entertainment. The internet is a revolutionary tool, and a financial killer to physical based entertainment.

Outside of sports, what is the point of owning a TV these days?