106 & Park officially cancelled this Friday 12 year run over.

Rufus Dufus

All Star
Daps
I haven't watched it since '06.

The internet killed all those video shows.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
youtube.com

any video any time you want

:what: at some of the comments in here

Not everybody has internet access.

:rudy: at everyone assuming that folks already have PCs

Daps
Reppin
NULL
good f*cking riddance

rest in poop

have you ever actually tried to sit thru an episode of that show? lol. not knocking the hosts, they are the typical smileyface sticker n!ggas, but the music...good grief. and this is like the only mainstream video program on tv, lol, playin that f*ckin garbage every single day, MAKING people like it because they hear it all the time. yeah, f*ck that show.

BlackZilla

M0derator
Daps
Well, can't say that I watch 106 & Park like I used to, so I don't care that much. Though it is a shame that a major Hip-Hop countdown show is about to be dead.

I wonder if a new countdown show will pop-up. Or maybe BET will start showing more rap music videos, and less episodes of The Game?

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
For those celebrating this, it's not that good. The inherent problem for artists is that it's one less venue to promote your record/movie /whatever on TV.

Did it get corny? Yeah, perhaps. But nearly all of us are at an age where we outgrew that show. Like Jadillac said, I feel bad for teenagers. They don't have countdown shows, music videos on TV, good sitcoms. Think about it. The shows that get play are shows we grew up on years ago (Wayans Bros, Martin, In Living Color, Saved By The Bell, Boy Meets World, etc.)

What use does BET even serve anymore?

Gotta feel for this Generation,they have no Quality Shows/Cartoons that we came up on:wow:

JerkPork

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
tumblr_m8yqxnjf3u1qhnlxf.gif

:rudy:

ZnqQ5.gif

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I haven't watched it since '06.

The internet killed all those video shows.

Wack music is what killed video shows. Wack music and wack artists. I hate to say this but the moment the east coast fell off and conceded their own style is when 106&Park fell off. Southern dominated hiphop ruined the show.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
But where will I get my daily fix of Mindless Behavior videos now? :mindblown:

:piss: fukk em

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
youtube.com

any video any time you want

:what: at some of the comments in here

That's not the point. It's not about the accessibility of shyt. I can get the news from the Internet. Does that mean they should stop putting out newspapers? I can go get a kindle. Does that mean they should dead the book? I can listen to a song on Youtube, Vevo, etc. any time I want. Does that mean FM stations need to dead the music format?

Shows like 106 & Park served a purpose even if you outgrew it. It was good promo. If you saw a video on TV you know somebody at the label was doing their job when it came to promotions. Not that I wanna put 106 on the level of Soul Train or anything like that culturally, but shows like that gave you a glimpse into what was popular, what kids liked, what styles people were getting into. Same with TRL (even bigger impact there).

All things come to an end, but even shows like American Bandstand eventually gave way to something else. That doesn't seem to be the case with BET. It's just gonna be replaced with more replays of Prison Song and Belly 2. BET's basically My9 without news. Looking back, we had it good because kids now have nothing really to gain from TV.