10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
For me its the gold standard still, but I have no problem with anyone taking TWS over it

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I'm one of those weird people who thought Batman Begins was a better film

Dark Knight was simply a good film that happened to drop at a time when the Batman hype was at an all time high and Heath Ledger had just died so there was alot of hype and it delivered on the hype

but I still prefer Begins

:manny:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I think it's top 3 for sure. Not mad at anyone who doesn't have it #1 tho.

Batman begins is my personal favorite tbh, felt like we got the pure essence of Batman in that 1

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
The overrating of black panther is ridiculous. :beli: shyt ain't even been out a month.

not arguing for or against but i don't understand your point.

yes if we are speaking objectively in terms of impact and importance, you can't really have that discussion yet.

but if someone genuinely enjoyed the movie, it doesn't really matter how long it's been out.

i thought BP was better than TDK personally

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
''You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren't you, huh? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you because you're just too much fun.

giphy.gif

I think you and I are destined to do this forever
.'':wow:

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
best comic book film ever and a top 5 film for me. It's a game changing film that has helped spear-head the last decade of comic book films and created the template for what most people consider how to make a superhero film. It also gave us the villain performance that all other villains are compared to and look up to. and all the quotes :ohlawd:
lFRqB11.gif

tumblr_nn0mjtRv0a1sifkp1o1_500.gif
giphy.gif

The-Dark-Knight-Alfred.gif
amor-heath-ledger-the-joker-quien-te-conoce-batman-Favim.com-2879020.gif

giphy.gif
TgI3VM.gif
:blessed:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
not arguing for or against but i don't understand your point.

yes if we are speaking objectively in terms of impact and importance, you can't really have that discussion yet.

but if someone genuinely enjoyed the movie, it doesn't really matter how long it's been out.

i thought BP was better than TDK personally
It's been 10 years and a dark Knight still the goat. A lot of comic movies ain't stood the test of time. Let that shyt breathe.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
some of my problems with black panther:

-the cgi was awful in some places. that car chase was awful. black panther had no weight to him and the way he moved made no sense.

-personally i feel like we got teased with klaw since age of ultron and the way they just treated him as a side character for some reason just left me wanting more

-the way Daniel Kaluuya suddenly went from best friend to wanting to help Killmonger take over Wakanda was written WAY too lazily

- Vibranium basically being magic. It would of been cool to seen it's properties explained more by Shuri. It would have made it more believable

- the final fight was meh although it was hilarious the way Killmonger went out basically saying fukk you

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've seen a lot of people say they prefer Batman Begins to the Dark Knight. I'll give BB this, it had a tighter story than the Dark Knight. Batman Begins probably had the least amount of plotholes in a super hero flick I've ever seen. Just a very well thought out plot where everything is explained (arguably to a fault) and everything makes sense. Having said all that, some of the dialogue in BB is terrible, I put that mostly on Goyer who is typically great with story but horrible with dialogue. The Dark Knight's dialogue is vastly superior mainly because Goyer only handled the story for that one while the Nolans did the script. Aside from all that, the Dark Knight just looks better, much better cinematography and feel. And while the fight scenes in both are trash, the action scenes in the Dark Knight are way better. Just compare the rooftop chase in BB to the SWAT team and tanker truck chase in the Dark Knight. You could tell Nolan had become much more comfortable directing action scenes at that point.

Batman Begins had an excellent first half but then becomes a bit average the second half. The Dark Knight just keeps getting better and better as the film goes on and the tension rises.

Then there's the obvious. Ledger just elevated the Dark Knight so much that I could never put BB over it.

For me it's, Batman Begins: 8/10, The Dark Knight: 9.5/10, The Dark Knight Rises: 6.5/10