10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Yeah. I slept on winter soldier because I disliked the first Cap film, but that shyt was amazing. I've been waiting on a film to surpass TDK, but nothing comes close.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Dark Knight is more of a thriller than comic based, and I found Nolan’s insistence in grounding that verse in reality was a hindrance. WS despite being spy noir had heavy comic elements and didn’t shy away from its source and origin.

See I disagree with that. Batman’s source is pulp novels. And there are plenty of Batman comics that are right in line with the dark knight tonally. Long Halloween being the most obvious culprit. So to say it doesn’t have any comic elements doesn’t feel right to me. It feels completely apt to a Batman comic.

The idea that a comic book movie had to have certain things to be a comic book movie flies in the face of guys like Stan Lee and Gerry Conway and frank miller and Alan Moore. They were all told what a comic book had to be or what it was and said “nah” and decided to do their own thing to elevate the medium.

Dark knight elevates the medium in the same way lee did by saying you can have flawed protagonists or make political statements. Same way Moore did with watchmen and the same way Conway did by saying the hero doesn’t always win and will suffer true loss.

Dark knight keeps its feet in the real world but always draws from comics for parallels or tone. The trifecta between Gordon, dent, and Batman is right out of the comic book, along with Harvey’s descent to becoming two face. And even if the joker is now an allegory for a terrorist, he’s still in line with the comics from a character standpoint.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yeah hopefully he can get back to remembering character and story and not being so enamored with his camera and shooting on film:francis:
I actually may place Logan and BP above TDK when its all said and done. I never have the urge to watch TDK again like i do with the others.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still the GOAT comic book flick despite its flaws (plot holes, some bad dialogue, bad fight scenes). The highs just so drastically outweigh the lows that it doesn't really matter

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I actually may place Logan and BP above TDK when its all said and done. I never have the urge to watch TDK again like i do with the others.

Opposite for me with Logan. Saw it twice have no desire to see it again. Little too heavy for me. Great flick but it’s nothing I’ll put on when I have free time

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Opposite for me with Logan. Saw it twice have no desire to see it again. Little too heavy for me. Great flick but it’s nothing I’ll put on when I have free time
tumblr_ok1o2p9Q7U1qj16lvo6_540.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See I disagree with that. Batman’s source is pulp novels. And there are plenty of Batman comics that are right in line with the dark knight tonally. Long Halloween being the most obvious culprit. So to say it doesn’t have any comic elements doesn’t feel right to me. It feels completely apt to a Batman comic.

The idea that a comic book movie had to have certain things to be a comic book movie flies in the face of guys like Stan Lee and Gerry Conway and frank miller and Alan Moore. They were all told what a comic book had to be or what it was and said “nah” and decided to do their own thing to elevate the medium.

Dark knight elevates the medium in the same way lee did by saying you can have flawed protagonists or make political statements. Same way Moore did with watchmen and the same way Conway did by saying the hero doesn’t always win and will suffer true loss.

Dark knight keeps its feet in the real world but always draws from comics for parallels or tone. The trifecta between Gordon, dent, and Batman is right out of the comic book, along with Harvey’s descent to becoming two face. And even if the joker is now an allegory for a terrorist, he’s still in line with the comics from a character standpoint.
I could not put it better