10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup, still my personal favorite. dark, gritty and a lot of layers/themes that leaves you thinking. plus heath ledger's performance was legendary. it didn't feel like a superhero movie because of the great cinematography. all of that over the top CGI is played out and not as enjoyable as live action. this might be an unpopular opinion but Logan is a close second. another classic comic movie.
Damn how could I forget Logan? Great movie

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: I'll always be grateful to my freshman year speech professor for putting me on to that one. I couldn't argue with that pick even if I wanted to
People shyt on remakes, but I thought the remake to 12 Angry Men was a pretty good undated take on the film (hard to beat Henry Fonda's performance though)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Damn how could I forget Logan? Great movie

classic for me. i've seen the dark knight at least 20 times and enjoyed every single viewing and so far have seen logan 5 times. that ending still gets me. i grew up watching the x-men cartoons and the x-men/wolverine movies so it's hard to accept logan is over:mjcry:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Black Panther slightly surpasses it. :yeshrug: As good as Dark Knight was, it was simply a theme of good vs evil and what you're willing to do to defeat that evil. BP touched on much deeper and more interesting topics.

I agree with this. The only thing that keeps BP from being indisputably better is that it has inconsistent CGI. Most of the other comparable areas of each film BP beats outright or just edges it out in, tho villian is debatable in either direction.

Last edited:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
there is no doubt about it...the allegories are strong...it was so good Marvel Disney hasn't even tried to replicate the style...except maybe for Winter Soldier and Civil war....but they were like fukk it we are doing playful and funny

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
classic for me. i've seen the dark knight at least 20 times and enjoyed every single viewing and so far have seen logan 5 times. that ending still gets me. i grew up watching the x-men cartoons and the x-men/wolverine movies so it's hard to accept logan is over:mjcry:

nah that can easily be an alternate timeline of events or reversed with time travel...if Jackman wants to play Wolverine he will get the nod until he's Larry Holmes status...and with Disney Marvel taking over X-men in the future believe that Jackman best believe will want to mingle in the MCU