10 Years Later, Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

Is Dark Knight Still The Best?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Hmm. I think The Dark Knights cinematography helps give it the edge over my personal favorite, Winter Soldier. Black Panther beats it in theme, though.

Edit
One negative I have with Nolan's Batman trilogy is that the fight scenes were ass.

Much agreed with the bolded.

TDK trilogy is easily my favorite, Heath stole the 2nd one, and Bane stole the 3rd as villains. Storyline was great in all 3.

That plane takeover intro in Rises... :blessed::whoo::whew:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Winter Solider and Black Panther are better imo.

Just came in to say this, I love the TDK but when you rate them overall Winter soldier is the superior comic film. It is still the best film Marvel has put out. Black Panther would have surpassed Winter Soldier if the action was better for now I would say Winter solder has a .5 over Black Panther. They need to tighten the action for Black Panther 2 and we will be set to take the GOAT title. Then again Black Panther is the best first outing superhero movie bar none, we all know sequels step things up so BP2 is going to be.:wow:

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
Just came in to say this, I love the TDK but when you rate them overall Winter soldier is the superior comic film. It is still the best film Marvel has put out. Black Panther would have surpassed Winter Soldier if the action was better for now I would say Winter solder has a .5 over Black Panther. They need to tighten the action for Black Panther 2 and we will be set to take the GOAT title. Then again Black Panther is the best first outing superhero movie bar none, we all know sequels step things up so BP2 is going to be.:wow:
agree. I said the same for BP2, I want to see more of him kicking ass. and yes, it's the best "origin" marvel movie.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

When it comes to character, story and performances, no CBM has come close

Save for maybe Heath Ledgers joker performance (to which while great in its own right, I honestly wonder if it got pumped up a bit further due to his death; that ole posthumous stimulus), Black Panther takes all three of those categories clean.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
TDK for me has various issues but it excels because there's a villain that no comic movie can match, performance wise and visually.

It's also excels because Nolan was good at ramping up the action and building up the tension in ways these other movies don't really do. It's a great job by Nolan who I criticize a lot but he did a masterful job which also covers up some of the plot issues and script problems. You don't notice those issues right away because the direction is top notch.

I am not a huge winter soldier fan, BP I need to see once more but I was a little disappointed with the cliche ending it had.

Logan for me is right up there and one I can watch everytime it's on.

So yeah TDK probably the best. :francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
how is The Film Room comparing a movie that came out last month up against one that has lasted the battle of time

Just the way the convo has gone. I wouldn’t easily say something that’s just come out is better then something that’s stood the test of time for 10 years but hey to each their own. If I can watch black panther in 10 years and feel the same way about it that I do with dark knight then that’s something different. But right now it’s still dark knight for me. Like I said, there are other flicks that have come out since 08 that have gotten my heartstrings and engaged me emotionally but dark knight is still a different beast

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just the way the convo has gone. I wouldn’t easily say something that’s just come out is better then something that’s stood the test of time for 10 years but hey to each their own. If I can watch black panther in 10 years and feel the same way about it that I do with dark knight then that’s something different. But right now it’s still dark knight for me. Like I said, there are other flicks that have come out since 08 that have gotten my heartstrings and engaged me emotionally but dark knight is still a different beast
Of course it did :smugnolan: