10 years ago today, Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One in what must be the worst console press conference of all time

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You're the one inventing numbers out of thin air. You're wrong. It's okay. Go cry in your dual sense mic
Ms admitted they sold half out of their own mouths after they stopped reporting sales numbers on the XB1 given how bad they were getting beat.

Half :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Ms admitted they sold half out of their own mouths after they stopped reporting sales numbers on the XB1 given how bad they were getting beat.

Half :mjlol:
Hey man, you could prove me wrong by pulling up actual numbers.

You can't so you're just do your typical routine. It's okay. :pachaha:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You got google. :mjlol:
Mr. Rekkapryde,

I've already provided you with the numbers from Google showing both the xbox and ps4 were in the 30 million range in North America.

You are attempting to argue against. At this point you either need to provide actual data to refute my claim or just accept it even though you hate to do so.

Best regards,

Pressure

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was during this moment I took a bow out of all things related to console wars and never came back.

Sony rightfully won and there was never any competition (PS3/360) in my opinion based on each consoles library of games and the hardware, but this was what ultimately concluded it.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
I'll step out of the console wars for a minute and keep it real.

Microsoft tend to have big ideas but fumble them.

Zune, better than the iPod in many ways but failed in image and marketing. Also had Zunepass which was a precursor to Spotify. They could've own the streaming market but killed off the product when the zune died.

Windows Phone, great hardware let down by lack of apps.

Game pass is a great idea but going day and date will hurt it.

The kinect and all what was promised in terms of media were good ideas poorly executed and presented. I bet brehs complaining about always on have now got Alexa or a smart TV.

Sometimes MSFT are too early for their ideas to become palatable to the masses.

MSFT cloud computing, Microsoft Office, Windows and services are the money makers of the company and keep going to make profit.
Zune was :wow:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'll step out of the console wars for a minute and keep it real.

Microsoft tend to have big ideas but fumble them.

Zune, better than the iPod in many ways but failed in image and marketing. Also had Zunepass which was a precursor to Spotify. They could've own the streaming market but killed off the product when the zune died.

Windows Phone, great hardware let down by lack of apps.

Game pass is a great idea but going day and date will hurt it.

The kinect and all what was promised in terms of media were good ideas poorly executed and presented. I bet brehs complaining about always on have now got Alexa or a smart TV.

Sometimes MSFT are too early for their ideas to become palatable to the masses.

MSFT cloud computing, Microsoft Office, Windows and services are the money makers of the company and keep going to make profit.
I think their success is also one of their biggest hindrances in the entertainment space.

I think it's hard to balance being a serious productivity brand and being a fun entertainment brand.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
to this day I remember this entire presentation
it was so bad :laff:
the fact that sony went right after them killed them
i remember all the ether they had for them
this one is still etched in my head

Killed them with this one right here... Redbox was still out, ebay/gamestop was still the place to get games for half off, gamefly was just getting popping... And you know dudes let their friends hold a game for 6 months at a time since Nintendo

Microsoft was truly oblivious to CONSOLE gaming

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
shout out to xbox... system was amazing... the servers didnt get hacked and fail
we got 4k gaming 4 years before anyone... kinect was under utilized but amazing addition ... the precursor to voice activated hardware
it improved upon its previous generation and didnt have any problems with the equipment
and gave us the ability to plug in any other HDMI secondary system, and upscale it to 4k through the Xbox (Switch, PS4 etc)
plus, when you had cable box... you could just plug it in the 2nd HDMI port and seamlessly switch between TV and Xbox through voice command :ohlawd:

motion gestures could control TV guide menu

if the xbox kinnect was so amazing why isnt it used on the xbox series X???:jbhmm: