10 years ago today, Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One in what must be the worst console press conference of all time

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I remember this, but I forgot they only showed that fake Forza video, some EA sports shyt and Call of Duty. A brand new console reveal with such a pathetic amount of new games is crazy.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
The PS3 did not start off as a juggernaut. It had a mediocre launch and didn't really start hitting its stride until 2009-10. Sony eventually started to outsell Microsoft so seeing Sony win the next generation was not a shock. What was a shock was just how bad Microsoft fumbled.
Yeah, I recall. But really they were buoyed those first few years by being the first mass-market blu-ray player.

Console wars were always a cyclical process where the leader in market share fumbles the ball (Nintendo refusing to move to discs for the N64, Sony charging too much for the PS3, etc) and the competition catches up as a result..up until this last gen, where Microsoft fumbled after hitting parity with Sony (in the west anyways), allowing Sony to run away and never look back

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
To Xbots it feels like

phil-spencer-xbox.gif

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yes. Watching this car crash shambles of a show is still entertaining a decade later.

Brehs have seen births and deaths, lost old puss and gained new strange, seen 3 presidents. Yet when somebody says TV, TV, TV I think Xbox.
I live in the US where xbox and playstation have always had parity.

If selling 68 million consoles is a failure to you then you're just trolling.

Either way, I'm up from 38 to 300 a share on my MS stock since the release of the xbox one :blessed:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition

Either way, I'm up from 38 to 300 a share on my MS stock since the release of the xbox one :blessed:
Parity has been gone for a decade bro. PS4 outsold the Xbox 2-to-1 in North America and early numbers are trending in the same direction this generation. It got so bad Microsoft stopped reporting XB1 sales.

Of course MS stock has had a great decade, they're like one of the top 3 drivers of technological innovation. They're arguably the most important company in human history. They just shyt the bed with this console.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

I'll step out of the console wars for a minute and keep it real.

Microsoft tend to have big ideas but fumble them.

Zune, better than the iPod in many ways but failed in image and marketing. Also had Zunepass which was a precursor to Spotify. They could've own the streaming market but killed off the product when the zune died.

Windows Phone, great hardware let down by lack of apps.

Game pass is a great idea but going day and date will hurt it.

The kinect and all what was promised in terms of media were good ideas poorly executed and presented. I bet brehs complaining about always on have now got Alexa or a smart TV.

Sometimes MSFT are too early for their ideas to become palatable to the masses.

MSFT cloud computing, Microsoft Office, Windows and services are the money makers of the company and keep going to make profit.