10 years ago today, Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One in what must be the worst console press conference of all time

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Xbox 360 last few years were god awful. I saw this coming because no big rumors were leading up to the X1 In regards to games

Then MS fumbled all the exclusives that could sway some ps users

Titanfall was rushed
Tomb Raider picked the wrong day to drop
Quantum Break cutscenes being longer than gameplay
Masterchief launching broken
Etc…

MS couldn’t catch a break

Last edited:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
shout out to xbox... system was amazing... the servers didnt get hacked and fail
we got 4k gaming 4 years before anyone... kinect was under utilized but amazing addition ... the precursor to voice activated hardware
it improved upon its previous generation and didnt have any problems with the equipment
and gave us the ability to plug in any other HDMI secondary system, and upscale it to 4k through the Xbox (Switch, PS4 etc)
plus, when you had cable box... you could just plug it in the 2nd HDMI port and seamlessly switch between TV and Xbox through voice command :ohlawd:

motion gestures could control TV guide menu

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
shout out to xbox... system was amazing... the servers didnt get hacked and fail
we got 4k gaming 4 years before anyone... kinect was under utilized but amazing addition ... the precursor to voice activated hardware
it improved upon its previous generation and didnt have any problems with the equipment
and gave us the ability to plug in any other HDMI secondary system, and upscale it to 4k through the Xbox (Switch, PS4 etc)
plus, when you had cable box... you could just plug it in the 2nd HDMI port and seamlessly switch between TV and Xbox through voice command :ohlawd:

I’m with you man: the Xbox One would eventually find it’s lane and was a solid console.

But this disastrous press conference did so much damage it couldn’t come back from it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'll step out of the console wars for a minute and keep it real.

Microsoft tend to have big ideas but fumble them.

Zune, better than the iPod in many ways but failed in image and marketing. Also had Zunepass which was a precursor to Spotify. They could've own the streaming market but killed off the product when the zune died.

Windows Phone, great hardware let down by lack of apps.

Game pass is a great idea but going day and date will hurt it.

The kinect and all what was promised in terms of media were good ideas poorly executed and presented. I bet brehs complaining about always on have now got Alexa or a smart TV.

Sometimes MSFT are too early for their ideas to become palatable to the masses.

MSFT cloud computing, Microsoft Office, Windows and services are the money makers of the company and keep going to make profit.
I invested in MS for everything other than Xbox. Just Bush that shyt and go multiplatform publisher

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Whoever's alias this is... you trash b :mjlol:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
some of the old comments:skip: people were holding onto hope
9 years ago
Awesome, can't wait to see the games.
9 years ago
Not Many Games . But Hopefully E3 Will Have More .
9 years ago
Very true, although I can already see that this console looks way more social orientated. I think this was just meant to build up hype and kinda failed. I think we'll be seeing a lot more games during E3.

9 years ago
i think people should wait and see how it performs before judgement then decide e3 is coming up and will give a better idea of its gaming capabilities
9 years ago
I'm getting both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for Christmas this year, E3 is going to be very interesting this year, Microsoft is going to talk about their games and Sony is going to show the PS4
9 years ago
Good hardware reveal. Could have said more about certain features, but I like it. Can't wait to find out about the games come E3.
9 years ago
I think its mostly because E3 is so close. Sure they could've shown more games at the reveal since they apparently have so many exlusives coming to the system, but I think they're approach was to show the system and what it can do that other systems can't, then show the games running on it.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Whoever's alias this is... you trash b :mjlol:
you know the name c00n, you been here since SOHH sucking dikk
Bullshyt. This made the rounds everywhere, pierced the mainstream, and was so bad Microsoft had to walk back half of it.
you are looking at the perspective of public relations ... you have to walk back any statement in a job that doesnt work or gets negative feedback

the majority of average consumers arent looking at tech demos... how many people you think bought a phillips TV and said "I should watch the tech demo first" ... thats novelty shyt for hardcore consumers. Same with E3, most gamers are hardcore and will love to tune in... but the average consumer isnt sitting through "coming soon" videos

I do agree it was terrible but who really cares :yeshrug: its no different than the tesla video of the window breaking

... it made news but the average person didnt care and still bought a tesla
the red ring of death on xbox 360 was terrible and probably the worst mistep they had... but they fixed it for free. So its not like it was the end of the world or anything actually serious. I remember I just bought a 2nd Xbox ... used it until the red ring one came back in 2 weeks... then I returned the 2nd xbox.

Lowkey, people shyt on kinect... but it was just 3-4 years too early ... now you can control PS5 through the controller with voice and Xbox through Alexa and Google home through voice. Not enough games utilized the hardware... I remember Battlefield 4 had a dope feature where you could lean in real life... and you would lean out of cover to shoot... it was a cheatcode because nobody else could lean out of cover due to not having a kinect. From a home media perspective, xbox one was really dope... we are just now getting those features on roku remotes and consoles.
even when they disabled kinect... you could plug it into your computer and update the firmware to still work ... I still have mine till this day. The biggest fumble was actually forcing it on people, and not giving them the option to buy and attach later. They could have kept the function and made it compatible with Xbox Series X and it would have just been more extra shyt to have (that you already paid for) With voice activation and how huge streaming got since Xbox One debuted.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Never seen someone lose a battle before even entering it, just a disaster throughout. They had great momentum after the 360 too.