10 years ago today, Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One in what must be the worst console press conference of all time

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Microsoft walked out like

just to announce:

No games.

The ability to use social media and hook up to your cable box (which were already disappearing across the US and Europe).

The console always has to be online, and if you don't like that, keep playing your 360, you clown.

Used games won't work on the system.

I remember watching this 10 years ago, 20 years old, like

confused-vince.gif

The 360 had parity with the PS3 in US market share, which was an incredible feat given that the PS3 was God damn juggernaut. This press conference is a master class in how to destroy a brand's momentum. Microsoft is now third in console market share and will probably never claw back past Nintendo, let alone Sony. Good job guys.

They was trying to give us GAMEPASS like features but better.
I love the TV integration and the movies they was planning and TV shows would have been epic
I could mention the last of us on HBO, Microsoft had a Halo series and mo shyt. They did make that Atari documentary which was really good (nobody expected it to be as good as it was)

And then the very next E3 sony tried to do the same shyt, had a comic book TV or whatever it was. But, Gamers who are the dumbest group of individuals as a collective decided that if you're a sony stan then anything microsoft was doing was bad.
Its like how White Supremacy works in the US, You dudes in the gaming universe have a sony supremacy stance on everything so an xbox game has to be 5x as good as a sony game to get 1/3 of the credit :hula: TrumpStation

And then history is recorded as YOU GUYS CHOOSE as opposed to the fact they wanted us to be able to give our digital games to our friends, we could share with our friends and family. All they wanted to do was check to be sure you wasn't abusing it which required a one time check every 30days.

YOU fukk BOYS ACTED LIKE THAT WAS TOO MUCH TO ASK :wtf:
And that's what I did for years until the Xbox One S came out :unimpressed:
So these consoles have been always online since the PS3 era :snoop:
The argument that always online was an issue was literally fear mongering by sony stans. IF people are to steal your info, they would steal it from your PC/Cellphone via the interations/transactions you do on there. Those are always online, you wouldn't have it any other way.
Whats a PC without online? This isn't 1987, you ain't about to fire up Number Munchers and Oregon Trail so :stop:

You play multiiplayer games? :Hula: And if you didn't play much online, do you have friends? A friends list? You would have to be online to send and receive messages/etc. So the truth is if you are so introverted that you only play offline games and have zero friends/family online?
Whjy should the console in question cater to a weirdo who is fixing to shoot up an establishment soon? fukk that guy, always online been the standard you smart smart gamers you :francis:

Last edited:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
They was trying to give us GAMEPASS like features but better.
I love the TV integration and the movies they was planning and TV shows would have been epic
I could mention the last of us on HBO, Microsoft had a Halo series and mo shyt. They did make that Atari documentary which was really good (nobody expected it to be as good as it was)

And then the very next E3 sony tried to do the same shyt, had a comic book TV or whatever it was. But, Gamers who are the dumbest group of individuals as a collective decided that if you're a sony stan then anything microsoft was doing was bad.
Its like how White Supremacy works in the US, You dudes in the gaming universe have a sony supremacy stance on everything so an xbox game has to be 5x as good as a sony game to get 1/3 of the credit :hula: TrumpStation

And then history is recorded as YOU GUYS CHOOSE as opposed to the fact they wanted us to be able to give our digital games to our friends, we could share with our friends and family. All they wanted to do was check to be sure you wasn't abusing it which required a one time check every 30days.

YOU fukk BOYS ACTED LIKE THAT WAS TOO MUCH TO ASK :wtf:
Court, I have no idea what you're talking about and none of this addresses the fact that there were no God damn games.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
The great video game industry curse. The first console is always either massive success or failure, second console is always their greatest effort, and the third is always the big massive flop.

Think about it...

Nintendo: NES, huge success. SNES was just the height of Nintendo popularity and culture. And then Virtual Boy or N64, take your pick.

Sega: Master System, woeful flop. Genesis, iconic. Saturn? Oh God....

Sony: Playstation, classic. PS2, one of the best selling products ever made. PS3, Sonys one and only flop although to their credit it was relatively successul.

Microsoft: Xbox, modest success. Xbox 360 one of the best products in gamings history. Xbox One, stupid corporate driven failure.

The curse lives.

Last edited:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
The great video game industry curse. The first console is always either massive success or failure, second console is always their greatest effort, and the third is always the big massive flop.

Think about it...

Nintendo: NES, huge success. SNES was just the height of Nintendo popularity and culture. And then Virtual Boy or N64, take your pick. Nintendo never recovered.

The curse lives.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I want you in the simplest terms possible to explain to me how Nintendo NEVER-EVER recovered after the 64.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
What now? Explain this to me
if you are on the beta program or whatever it is

you can say "Playstation" and you can control the PS5 through voice commands... similar to how Alexa and Google Home Work

so you can say "Playstation, play Grand Turismo" and it will select and boot up for you

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if you are on the beta program or whatever it is

you can say "Playstation" and you can control the PS5 through voice commands... similar to how Alexa and Google Home Work

so you can say "Playstation, play Grand Turismo" and it will select and boot up for you

The beta ended already it’s part of the standard UI now