10 years ago today, Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One in what must be the worst console press conference of all time

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Microsoft should of stood strong on that drm shyt tho..
10 people game sharing would of been crazy fukk gamestop :francis:
No, they shouldn’t have. That was the most anti-consumer practice I have ever heard. Worse than microtransactions. What if my Xbox is stolen? Every disc I’ve bought is useless now?

I was completely ready to not buy an Xbox until MS walked back that shyt.

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, they shouldn’t have. That was the most anti-consumer practice I have ever heard. Worse than microtransactions. What if my Xbox is stolen? Every disc I’ve bought is useless now?

I was completely ready to not buy an Xbox until MS walked back that shyt.
Everything is tied to your account in the event of your xbox getting stolen im sure they would of had safe guards

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I live in the US where xbox and playstation have always had parity.

If selling 68 million consoles is a failure to you then you're just trolling.

Either way, I'm up from 38 to 300 a share on my MS stock since the release of the xbox one :blessed:

The only parity was the 360 in north America. OG Xbox, XB1, And now the series all smoked :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
you know the name c00n, you been here since SOHH sucking dikk

you are looking at the perspective of public relations ... you have to walk back any statement in a job that doesnt work or gets negative feedback

the majority of average consumers arent looking at tech demos... how many people you think bought a phillips TV and said "I should watch the tech demo first" ... thats novelty shyt for hardcore consumers. Same with E3, most gamers are hardcore and will love to tune in... but the average consumer isnt sitting through "coming soon" videos

I do agree it was terrible but who really cares :yeshrug: its no different than the tesla video of the window breaking

... it made news but the average person didnt care and still bought a tesla
the red ring of death on xbox 360 was terrible and probably the worst mistep they had... but they fixed it for free. So its not like it was the end of the world or anything actually serious. I remember I just bought a 2nd Xbox ... used it until the red ring one came back in 2 weeks... then I returned the 2nd xbox.

Lowkey, people shyt on kinect... but it was just 3-4 years too early ... now you can control PS5 through the controller with voice and Xbox through Alexa and Google home through voice. Not enough games utilized the hardware... I remember Battlefield 4 had a dope feature where you could lean in real life... and you would lean out of cover to shoot... it was a cheatcode because nobody else could lean out of cover due to not having a kinect. From a home media perspective, xbox one was really dope... we are just now getting those features on roku remotes and consoles.
even when they disabled kinect... you could plug it into your computer and update the firmware to still work ... I still have mine till this day. The biggest fumble was actually forcing it on people, and not giving them the option to buy and attach later. They could have kept the function and made it compatible with Xbox Series X and it would have just been more extra shyt to have (that you already paid for) With voice activation and how huge streaming got since Xbox One debuted.

Ain't nobody reading all dat shyt fakkit. You that same cracka we got banned a few years ago for that black people are the scum.of the earth comment .

Don't think I forgot "@BasedPrime" :ufdup:

@Rain

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:mjlol:

"According to data from Statista, Europe has a lifetime total of an estimated 55.2 PS4 units sold, eddging out the US by more than a couple million units."
They kept selling ps4 two additional years after the xbox one was discontinued. Doesn't matter what they did after 2020 :manny: