10 year $341 Million for Francisco Lindor :damn:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
No salary cap = who cares how much a dude is getting paid. Big contracts in baseball aren't the same like in other sports.

Mlb has a competing tax threshold if you go over the any of the 4 tiers you get taxed it’s basically a soft cap

A huge contract like lindors takes up a chunk of your payroll

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mlb has a competing tax threshold if you go over the any of the 4 tiers you get taxed it’s basically a soft cap

A huge contract like lindors takes up a chunk of your payroll

Yes, that is all true, but Cohen doesn't objectively care. He'd obviously want to win like the Rays, but that's not possible right now. That's why they pivoted.

Lindor's contract doesn't hamper the Mets in any way.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have to admit that to date, Lindor is doing his best to live up to that contract.

It's not showing up in terms of Mets wins. But he's been valuable.

That said, Year 3 with the Mets. Many, many more years to go. I'm not actively rooting against this guy, but I'm loudly on record as this being a bad deal. And I expect the decline to begin any moment.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I have to admit that to date, Lindor is doing his best to live up to that contract.

It's not showing up in terms of Mets wins. But he's been valuable.

That said, Year 3 with the Mets. Many, many more years to go. I'm not actively rooting against this guy, but I'm loudly on record as this being a bad deal. And I expect the decline to begin any moment.
59th in OPS. :unimpressed: