10 year $341 Million for Francisco Lindor :damn:

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not the issue.
The point is that teams have to consider future roster construction and so how much money you have tied up in a player matters.

And frankly, the Mets are one of THE WORST when it comes to giving players grossly overvalued contracts.
Mike Hampton
Mo Vaughn
David Wright
Johan Santana
Yoenis Cespedes

If this was a Tatis Jr situation the discussion would be different.

The Mets have to figure out what to do with Syndergaard, Conforto, and in a few years with Nimmo. Among other things. If the idea is to win quickly, they're going to have to break that 200M payroll barrier...and possibly by a lot. So potentially having a 30 or 31 year old shortstop eating 34 million dollars of your payroll on the bench or DL could sting a lot down the line if this fails.

For a thing like this the Mets would have been far better off overpaying Lindor for 3 years (who knows, maybe 110-115 million), letting him hit FA again at 30 and taking his chances with someone else.

Cohen and the Mets are not worried about surpassing the luxury tax. If Bauer wanted to play for the Mets and accepted the contract they offered, they'd be over 210M year 1.
With Lindor, with the DH coming to the NL sooner rather than later, you at least have some flexibility there.

Additionally, the Mets didn't pay Hampton the Rockies did. Vaughn was also not a FA signing.

With Wright, Santana, and Cespedes you have a valid point but like everything else when you sign a guy to any type of long extension (7+ years) you're just hoping to have some prime years and a slow decline and no debilitating injuries. Can't possibly account for spinal stenosis.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lindor is hitting .219

The Mets are in 1st in the NL East but this is shaping up to be an all-time WOAT contract.

His BABIP is low and I’d expect some normalization. But good grief. 70 games and this is what he’s doing?

:picard:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lindor is hitting .219

The Mets are in 1st in the NL East but this is shaping up to be an all-time WOAT contract.

His BABIP is low and I’d expect some normalization. But good grief. 70 games and this is what he’s doing?

The major league average is .238 and he's starting to heat up. :yeshrug:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lindor is hitting .219

He’s not used to the ny coverage, give him a year to adjust.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is still staggering that the Mets gave Lindor that much money.

I tried to tell yall.
:mjlol:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Lmfao Dansby fukking swanson.... I've seen a lot of bad baseball takes on the coli, this might be the worst.

:mjlol: Swanson is better tho , better war,offensively & definitely defensively.he leads mlb in several categories for shortstops