10 Facts That Clear Up Confusion Around What Exactly Is an Arab

MaLi

Pro
Daps
And when the evidence is too much, they try to divide us by saying "well they werent from your part of Africa, why are you trying to claim them?".
We BEEN migrating, procreating, and civilizing:umad:... We dont go in and destroy cultures and their history like other people:sas2:

IMAGINE if all the evidence we produced was in favor of non Blacks... Look how fast theyll use that evidence to discredit us, while completely downplaying the shyt thats right in their faces:sas1:

I love Black people. I love Melanoid people. I love Africans.
I love Africans that migrated to Yemen and their Afroasiatic languages:banderas:

I love that my DNA matches up with ancient Pharaoh Ramesses III circa 1200 BC. shyt I know that I didnt do anything, but at the very least I know he and his family line isnt European or Asian like they been trying to claim.

And then theyll say "well what are you doing with that information now?? why does it matter?? Your people today dont benefit from shyt that happened thousands of years ago":sadbron:

:umad: My children wont grow up worshipping the same non melanated Devils that my grandparents did.
:umad:My children wont fall for the "hes not Black, hes dark skinned/tanned" trick they been pulling every since we started waking up again

:umad:Me, and the people I fukk with will have more love for each other cause we see how much others hate us.

OH ya, before I forget...

The original Arabs were BLACK and they came from AFRICA (before it was called 'Africa'):pacspit:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
here is how europeans in the 1600s viewed Saladin (one of the greatest warriors in Islamic history): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_of...ns-_King_Guy_of_Lusignan_and_King_Saladin.tif

lossless-page1-640px-Jan_Lievens-_King_Guy_of_Lusignan_and_King_Saladin.tif.png

FYI...Saladin is the black guy in green while the white man in red is a European.

the early muslims/arabs were black.

no there are many others. double check these on the internet if you don't believe me.

Frederico Bartolini: Portrait of an Arab Man

An Arab in a turban. Konstantin Makovsky, 1882.

Portrait of an Arab paint by the Belgian artist Joseph van Severdonck (1819-1905)

Arab boy. Konstantin Makovsky, 1882.

Portrait of Moroccan. José Tapiro y Baro,

Portraits of Moroccans by Spanish artist José Tapiro y Baro (1830-1913)

Portraits of Moroccans by Spanish artist José Tapiro y Baro (1830-1913)

These and other posts really prove OP's point of how the term "arab" is/was misused. "Arab" used to designate Muslims, which is indeed a common error. Some Blacks being Muslim, and most Arabs being Muslim, it was/is an easy error to make. And anyone who has any passive or distant knowledge of Northern Africa knows that there are Black Moroccans, just as there are Black Egyptians, Black Lybians, Black Algerians, etc. Doesn't change the fact that MOST Moroccans, Egyptians and Algerians are not Black.

It's also funny how most on this site are quick to dismiss Euro sources but then use century-old Euro paintings as "proof".

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Pure Arabs are what you call qhatani Arabs, they are darker than most Arabs but nobody would classify them as Africans.

Muhammad was an Arab from adnan, not qhatan.
As history goes oN more and more people would call them black.

100% of them back then look more african than me.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
These and other posts really prove OP's point of how the term "arab" is/was misused. "Arab" used to designate Muslims, which is indeed a common error. Some Blacks being Muslim, and most Arabs being Muslim, it was/is an easy error to make. And anyone who has any passive or distant knowledge of Northern Africa knows that there are Black Moroccans, just as there are Black Egyptians, Black Lybians, Black Algerians, etc. Doesn't change the fact that MOST Moroccans, Egyptians and Algerians are not Black.

It's also funny how most on this site are quick to dismiss Euro sources but then use century-old Euro paintings as "proof".

So these black people were in those countries before non-blacks?

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So is it safe to assume people from the Arabian peninsula ie West Asia are Arabs?

I got this book a while ago and even before then i figured people living in those areas now looked like that because of admixture over the years

Daps
Reppin
NULL

we dismiss recent european sources that have been stained with modern racism. old european sources (especially the ancient greeks and romans) are consistent in their praise of africans and black people.

i got no problem with the og europeans. they spoke the truth and weren't clouded by the racism that emerged from the trans-atlantic slave trade. its the europeans that emerged post-slave trade and eugenics movement that have tried to white-wash history.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
So these black people were in those countries before non-blacks?

These countries as we see them today have only been around for a century or two. Sahara was smaller before than it is now, add to that that Tuaregs who have been crossing it for centuries and it's easy to understand that Black people have always been around in those areas. It does not meen that what we now call "Arabs" (that are in fact various different local northern african tribes) were not around at the same time. I myself know an Algerian who is as Black as any random Central african. Features however are different.

we dismiss recent european sources that have been stained with modern racism. old european sources (especially the ancient greeks and romans) are consistent in their praise of africans and black people.

i got no problem with the og europeans. they spoke the truth and weren't clouded by the racism that emerged from the trans-atlantic slave trade. its the europeans that emerged post-slave trade and eugenics movement that have tried to white-wash history.

Racism however has been around in Europe way before thet trans-atlantic trade.The very term "Barbarian" meant those whose language we don't understand, i.e whioever wasn't Greek. Obviously the Crusades led to widespread racism towards Arabs. If anything, Europeans were less racist against Blacks because contact was limited.

But even besides that, the paintings quoted in my post are from the 19th century : after the trans-atlantic trade. So, to use your logic, they were clouded by trans-atlantic slave trade, which makes it strange to use as "proof".

Daps
Reppin
NULL
South Arabian figurines, 1st century BC

Meanwhile you guys are posting European portraits of islamicized Africans...I mean, why?

what evidence do you have that those are africans? other than making an a-priori assumption that because they are black, they must be african. the europeans who made those portraits knew the words African, Negro, and Moor. they could've used those words to distinguish those black men if they thought arabs in general were white. However, they didn't use Negro, Moor, or African to describe those men. they said ARAB.

here an examples of Europeans using the words Negro.

the-moors-arab-african-2-638.jpg

If those are pictures of "islamized africans" why call this young man a negro rather than an arab?

MaLi

Pro
Daps
The Arabs themselves, and to be specific, Muslims Arabs claim they descend from Abraham and Hajj. Abraham was a Chaldean, Hajj was a Kemite.

MaLi

Pro
Daps
Nimrod was the Son of Kush(African). Nimrod dwelt in Babylonia(Iraq)

Kush is the son of Ham.

Ham is African.

If you go by the original Arabs and what they believe, how can they not have been Black/African?

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens

Sounds like you're just being disingenuous to me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
These countries as we see them today have only been around for a century or two. Sahara was smaller before than it is now, add to that that Tuaregs who have been crossing it for centuries and it's easy to understand that Black people have always been around in those areas. It does not meen that what we now call "Arabs" (that are in fact various different local northern african tribes) were not around at the same time. I myself know an Algerian who is as Black as any random Central african. Features however are different.

Racism however has been around in Europe way before thet trans-atlantic trade.The very term "Barbarian" meant those whose language we don't understand, i.e whioever wasn't Greek. Obviously the Crusades led to widespread racism towards Arabs. If anything, Europeans were less racist against Blacks because contact was limited.

But even besides that, the paintings quoted in my post are from the 19th century : after the trans-atlantic trade. So, to use your logic, they were clouded by trans-atlantic slave trade, which makes it strange to use as "proof".

I should have been more specific. the racial whitewashing of history by europeans stained with the racism of the trans-atlantic slave trade started in the early 20th century with anthropolgists like Carleton c00n. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carleton_S._c00n#Racial_theories

It was this man and his ilk that began propogating the hamitic hypothesis and the idea of the true negro. its how groups thaat were historically considered black in europe such as the Ancient Egyptians, Moors, and Arabs all of a sudden became "Caucasians." The race theories created by these racists still propogate to this day.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like you're just being disingenuous to me.

how is giving credence to ancient sources "disingenuous"? if europeans of the past said the ancient egyptians and moors were black, why should we believe europeans of today (who are further removed from that era)?

i'm simply saying i believe the ancient greeks and romans when they say the egyptians were black skin and wooly haired over the arguments from carleton c00n and his followers who wanna tell me about the hamite theory of dark skinned caucasians coming from europe to civilize africans.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
what evidence do you have that those are africans? other than making an a-priori assumption that because they are black, they must be african. the europeans who made those portraits knew the words African, Negro, and Moor. they could've used those words to distinguish those black men if they thought arabs in general were white. However, they didn't use Negro, Moor, or African to describe those men. they said ARAB.

here an examples of Europeans using the words Negro.

the-moors-arab-african-2-638.jpg

If those are pictures of "islamized africans" why call this young man a negro rather than an arab?

Because they were Africans. When Islam expanded into Africa many Africans converted to Islam and reaped the benefits of being vassals for Arabs. But you see a turban and get excited. Do you breh.