10 Facts That Clear Up Confusion Around What Exactly Is an Arab

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
blacks in arabia at that time were slaves and if they were freed slaves they were treated like trash. look at bilal, the prophets most trusted companion and he was still treated horribly.
not all blacks/Ethiopians. Yes you had the ones in slavery plus you had other tribes who passed for black that were not slaves.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
here is how europeans in the 1600s viewed Saladin (one of the greatest warriors in Islamic history): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_of...ns-_King_Guy_of_Lusignan_and_King_Saladin.tif

lossless-page1-640px-Jan_Lievens-_King_Guy_of_Lusignan_and_King_Saladin.tif.png

FYI...Saladin is the black guy in green while the white man in red is a European.

the early muslims/arabs were black.

Saladin was a kurd, not an Arab. Kurds are far from black.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
not all blacks/Ethiopians. Yes you had the ones in slavery plus you had other tribes who passed for black that were not slaves.

She's kind of right in that even though bilal was respected by the sahaba, the general perception of a black African by the Arabs was "slave." That flies in the face of the idea that the Arabs were black.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
how did Europeans perceive muslims and arabs as Black? just from that painting? lol

c_14_bnf.jpg

no there are many others. double check these on the internet if you don't believe me.

Frederico Bartolini: Portrait of an Arab Man

An Arab in a turban. Konstantin Makovsky, 1882.

Portrait of an Arab paint by the Belgian artist Joseph van Severdonck (1819-1905)

Arab boy. Konstantin Makovsky, 1882.

Portrait of Moroccan. José Tapiro y Baro,

Portraits of Moroccans by Spanish artist José Tapiro y Baro (1830-1913)

Portraits of Moroccans by Spanish artist José Tapiro y Baro (1830-1913)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's kind of right in that even though bilal was respected by the sahaba, the general perception of a black African by the Arabs was "slave." That flies in the face of the idea that the Arabs were black.

that is completely FALSE. you are projecting your MODERN perceptions and biases into the past. blackness was not associated with slavery in the islamic world from the 7th century to the 1800s. in fact the opposite was true. white skin was associated with slave and outsider.

see:

“Red (al-hamra’) refers to non-Arabs due to their fair complexion which predominates among them. And the Arabs used to say about the non-Arabs with whom white skin was characteristic, such as the Romans, Persians, and their neighbors: ‘They are red-skinned (al-hamra’)…” al-hamra’ means the Persians and Romans…And the Arabs attribute white skin to the slaves.”
(Ibn Manzur [Lisan al-arab IV: 209, 210]) http://blackarabia.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-islam-does-color-of-prophets-matter.html

and this shouldn't be a surprise to any REAL student of history. the arabs were notorious for their love of white slaves. especially white women as concubines. those of partial african ancestry like Bilal made up a minority of the slaves in the islamic world. the vast majority were white.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
that is completely FALSE. you are projecting your MODERN perceptions and biases into the past. blackness was not associated with slavery in the islamic world from the 7th century to the 1800s. in fact the opposite was true. white skin was associated with slave and outsider.

see:

(Ibn Manzur [Lisan al-arab IV: 209, 210]) http://blackarabia.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-islam-does-color-of-prophets-matter.html

and this shouldn't be a surprise to any REAL student of history. the arabs were notorious for their love of white slaves. especially white women as concubines. those of partial african ancestry like Bilal made up a minority of the slaves in the islamic world. the vast majority were white.

The Arabs have always been a historically light brown-dark skinned people, no shyt sherlock. I'm saying that the general perception of a black African, in that region at the time, was that of a slave. This has carried over into modern times where "abeed" is used as a slur by Arabs for black Africans living in the Arab world. Why don't they apply that slur to to other races? None of this is by accident, you should stop fooling yourself. That link you posted is jumping through all kinds of hoops just to make a credible claim that the Prophet was dark skinned....I mean, what is the point?

Hadeeth's describe the Prophet was being light skinned, with wavy black hair that fell to his shoulders, long eyelashes, black eyes, a UNIBROW, and a thick black beard. Sounds like an Arab to me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Arabs have always been a historically light brown-dark skinned people, no shyt sherlock. I'm saying that the general perception of a black African, in that region at the time, was that of a slave. This has carried over into modern times where "abeed" is used as a slur by Arabs for black Africans living in the Arab world. Why don't they apply that slur to to other races? None of this is by accident, you should stop fooling yourself. That link you posted is jumping through all kinds of hoops just to make a credible claim that the Prophet was dark skinned....I mean, what is the point?

Hadeeth's describe the Prophet was being light skinned, with wavy black hair that fell to his shoulders, long eyelashes, black eyes, a UNIBROW, and a thick black beard. Sounds like an Arab to me.

then why are u talking to me about modern day racism against black africans by WHITE ARABS?

1400 years is a long time. u can't just project modern notions that far into the past. I'm citing actual original text arabic documents saying white skin is the sign of a slave. but here you are talking to me about modern arabs who are not even ethnically arab but rather have been arabized over the milennia.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

Black people can only pass for white due to our unique genetic structure that allows us to give birth to albino children. Whites can't give birth to anything other than white children. White people can only artificially modify themselves to "pass for black", using tans, perms, lipo, and silicone. Their hair will not curl, their skin will not darken to the point of brown whilst hair is curling. They can't pass for black. What are you?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

All black people are not black-skinned. We've had a variety of ethnic groups ranging from very light to black-skinned. Light brown is still part of the African phenotype. Black people can give birth to albino children. Albino children can form groups and migrate. Migration over a long period of time leads to adaptation. Adaptation leads to physical changes due to the new environment. The new environment was harsh and had less resources than the old environment. People have something called RACIAL MEMORY...it's kin to animal instinct. Those "adapted people" went back home to find resources and were not welcome. They also bred with the native neanderthals in the area. This is why whites have 1-4% neanderthal DNA. Neanderthals did not live in Africa. You do not need FUR to survive in Africa. You do not need FUR to survive in NORTH AFRICA. Fur is a neanderthal trait. Arabs are extremely hairy people. There is zero physiological benefit to having thick stringy fur and light brown skin in a desert climate where melanin is the answer to the natural environmental factors.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Black people can only pass for white due to our unique genetic structure that allows us to give birth to albino children. Whites can't give birth to anything other than white children. White people can only artificially modify themselves to "pass for black", using tans, perms, lipo, and silicone. Their hair will not curl, their skin will not darken to the point of brown whilst hair is curling. They can't pass for black. What are you?
can you read?
re-read what I wrote.