10 Facts That Clear Up Confusion Around What Exactly Is an Arab

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Boring. Same old nonsensical justifications for your inferiority complex.

At the end of the day, the skin colour of the Ancient Egyptians doesn't really have any significance on the events of today, if you're a rationally minded person.

Common sense and worthwhile academic research both lead to the conclusion that Egypt, as a crossroads between Africa and Asia will always, and always has been, a very mixed population. The problem is African Americans who have grown up in a country like america where, if you arent a strong person, can quickly give you a massive inferiority complex about being black, want to use the events of world history to cure their own specific issues.

Since I joined this forum, I have seen black people referred to as the 'original' Chinese, Arabs, Egyptians, Europeans, etc etc. But the problem is, even though it is technically true that all the world's populations originate in Africa, there are too many generations, epochs, milleniums, during which people evolved in different ways for that to be true in any worthwhile sense. The reaching for all sorts of tenuous links to ancient civilisations honestly makes me cringe.

I notice you mentioned Axum. In your mind, because the horn of Africa is a black region, it should be grouped into the 'black civillisations' like Songhai and Mali, so people like you can feel some random notions of relation to these mystic and mythic ancient people? The only problem here is people from Somalia and Ethiopia for instance wouldn't even see their own countryman as their brother, (if they're from a different tribe or 'qabil').... But you stupid Americans think just because you have black skin, you must have some mythical unkown links to the great Egyptians who were also black! And its your job to uncover the conspiracy! Lol fukking pathetic mumbo jumbo internet historians.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
the Arab race has been known as Saracens until recently

Historical accounts that mention Arabs throughout history represented anyone who spoke Arabic or was Muslim, regardless of race. Even Muslim Mongols could be called Arabs for example.

Moors were referred to as Arabs because they were heavily associated with the Arabic language which the Europeans were enamored by because Arabic is a language of poetry and romanticism.This link shows this: Chivalry - Wikipedia

The reason why this stuff is so convoluted is because the concept of Race is very recent and pretty much didnt exist back then. So when Historians look at preserved accounts from that time period, they want to stay true to to the source and since Race wasnt a concept back then, words were used like Arab, or Muslim or Turk, that were kept/unchanged and theres no way to know what the actual race was of w/e was being referred to. But because Arab and Turk are know as races today, a lot of people get mislead and assume that when a historical quote includes those terms, it also means race.

Heres an example

399px-Konstantin_Makovsky_-_The_Bulgarian_martyresses.jpg

This painting was a propaganda painting that depicted Russian women being raped by Ottomans to convince the Russian peasants to go sign up to go to war with the Ottomans. These two guys are clearly different race to us because we live in a time that has the concept of race, but back then these 2 would simply be called Turks, or Ottomans and seen as part of the same group. So if you pick up a book or journal from that time period and it referred to a Turk, there's no way to know the actual race of that Turk.

Last edited:

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Actually you guys are overstating that point. Have you ever lived in england? What are you basing that assertion on?

I have lived in england most of my life and I can honestly say I can't remember for the life of me coming across a British person doing what you said! British academics might venerate ancient Egyptians and Greeks, but if there is ANY ancient groups the Brits are really obssessed with, its the Romans and the Vikings? Guess why that is? Because these two groups of people left a very large and visible mark on the country; city names, roads and city design, food, language, etc etc you only have to walk through more historical cities like York in the North of Yorkshire to see the evidence in front of your eyes! British people as far as I'm aware are FAR from being fixated on the ancient Greeks the way you guys seem to have randomly convinced yourselves they are!
What mark did the Vikings leave? What significant accomplishments were done by the Vikings?

What scientific advancements can be attributed to the Romans? All the Roman empire had was the aqueduct sewer system but for a 1000 year old empire if thats the only significant contribution then why tf are the Romans worshipped by whites?

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
What mark did the Vikings leave? What significant accomplishments were done by the Vikings?

What scientific advancements can be attributed to the Romans? All the Roman empire had was the aqueduct sewer system but for a 1000 year old empire if thats the only significant contribution then why tf are the Romans worshipped by whites?

Road systems used for hundreds of years. City designs still visible today.

Listen I am not a white English person. I don't need to defend them and/or educate you about their history.

But what people are saying in this thread is nonsense. As usual. They started off writing nonsense about Arabs then one of these guys randomly referenced a supposed trait of British people to defend himself, when I reminded him most British people don't have a need to attach themselves to origins that history and common sense would suggest are not theirs.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
Road systems used for hundreds of years. City designs still visible today.

Listen I am not a white English person. I don't need to defend them and/or educate you about their history.

But what people are saying in this thread is nonsense. As usual. They started off writing nonsense about Arabs then one of these guys randomly referenced a supposed trait of British people to defend himself, when I reminded him most British people don't have a need to attach themselves to origins that history and common sense would suggest are not theirs.
City designs and road systems are not scientific advancements that progressed humanity. Its basic shyt every civilization has done lmao

I wanna know whats special about the Romans that they deserve to be respected and remembered. Ask around see if the British people u admire can name even ONE thing

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
City designs and road systems are not scientific advancements that progressed humanity. Its basic shyt every civilization has done lmao

I wanna know whats special about the Romans that they deserve to be respected and remembered. Ask around see if the British people u admire can name even ONE thing
Lmao. Now we are discussing the merits of the Roman's achievements?

Just to humour your stupid mind, city designs allow for small unknown villages to develop and grow into international cities like London, Madrid and new York that are worldwide focal points. Road design quite obviously allows for nationwide connectedness all of which allow for further growth in economic, cultural, and general societal movements. All of these things are evidently crucial to a nation's growth. Use your fukkin brain before you type.

Anyway, if your attention span would allow, you would find that all this is completely unrelated to the original point of debate.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Boring. Same old nonsensical justifications for your inferiority complex.

At the end of the day, the skin colour of the Ancient Egyptians doesn't really have any significance on the events of today, if you're a rationally minded person.

Common sense and worthwhile academic research both lead to the conclusion that Egypt, as a crossroads between Africa and Asia will always, and always has been, a very mixed population. The problem is African Americans who have grown up in a country like america where, if you arent a strong person, can quickly give you a massive inferiority complex about being black, want to use the events of world history to cure their own specific issues.

Since I joined this forum, I have seen black people referred to as the 'original' Chinese, Arabs, Egyptians, Europeans, etc etc. But the problem is, even though it is technically true that all the world's populations originate in Africa, there are too many generations, epochs, milleniums, during which people evolved in different ways for that to be true in any worthwhile sense. The reaching for all sorts of tenuous links to ancient civilisations honestly makes me cringe.

I notice you mentioned Axum. In your mind, because the horn of Africa is a black region, it should be grouped into the 'black civillisations' like Songhai and Mali, so people like you can feel some random notions of relation to these mystic and mythic ancient people? The only problem here is people from Somalia and Ethiopia for instance wouldn't even see their own countryman as their brother, (if they're from a different tribe or 'qabil').... But you stupid Americans think just because you have black skin, you must have some mythical unkown links to the great Egyptians who were also black! And its your job to uncover the conspiracy! Lol fukking pathetic mumbo jumbo internet historians.

The length that White cacs will go to support Eurocentrism as the academic norm
:russ:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Greek culture and civilization is the starting point for much of what western "white" culture values today, that's why most western European societies recognize and esteem Greek civilization. The relationship between Egypt and other African cultures isn't the same at all. Regardless, Europeans have always divided themselves by geography. You don't see white people trying to make ethnic claims on Greece ie; you don't see German and Polish people saying Socrates is their ancestor, because that would be ridiculous.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Stupid lost American lol. Listen there are no influential or relevant British historians that claim or place any relevance on British origin from the Greeks. By and large, Brits are very self confident in their own relatively 'unique' European identity, but they are also aware they are a culture that is heavily influenced by northern European influences whether they were scandanavian, french, or germanic peoples. Ancient Greek culture is so irrelevant in these type of discussions around British people. The problem is you guys just read a bunch of nonsense on the internet. You're all totally clueless hahaha. Not doing much to dissuade the 'stupid American' stereotype.

All Europeans claim that Ancient Greece is integral to their cultural origins in fields like politics, philosophy, science etc.

No wonder Britain voted for Brexit!

:troll:
You're so dumb!

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Greek culture and civilization is the starting point for much of what western "white" culture values today, that's why most western European societies recognize and esteem Greek civilization. The relationship between Egypt and other African cultures isn't the same at all. Regardless, Europeans have always divided themselves by geography. You don't see white people trying to make ethnic claims on Greece ie; you don't see German and Polish people saying Socrates is their ancestor, because that would be ridiculous.

Af-Ams aren't saying they're descended from Ancient Kemet. They're simply saying it was a Black African civilization. Stop being facetious
:mjgrin:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Af-Ams aren't saying they're descended from Ancient Kemet. They're simply saying it was a Black African civilization. Stop being facetious
:mjgrin:

It's not Af-ams, just a segment of the "conscious community" who are all over social media spreading false historical narratives. Forget about race, if you're genuinely interested in ancient history you shouldn't have to muddle through all this garbage just to get to some substance.

It's not like how it was for us in the 90's, where we shared a lot of books and were encouraged to read....now any clown can fake some academic authority, name himself something catchy, and make a youtube channel talking about nonsense. Nobody reads anymore, their historical knowledge comes from memes.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
It's not Af-ams, just a segment of the "conscious community" who are all over social media spreading false historical narratives. Forget about race, if you're genuinely interested in ancient history you shouldn't have to muddle through all this garbage just to get to some substance.

Race is integral to studying modern history. Since the 18th century, Europeans have created historiographies which have uplifted their ancestors (both cultural and genetic) and marginalized or degraded the ancestors of all non-white people. To say "forget race" is ahistorical. Did you study historiography?
:ufdup:

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
All Europeans claim that Ancient Greece is integral to their cultural origins in fields like politics, philosophy, science etc.

No wonder Britain voted for Brexit!

:troll:
You're so dumb!
The irony.

By the way, I didn't vote, you fukking idiot.