10 Facts That Clear Up Confusion Around What Exactly Is an Arab

HalyeeyQaran

Rookie
Daps
Wow this thread quickly derailed......Anyway I've read from various different sources that the original "Arabs" are/were apparently in Southern Arabia (Yemen and places like that) while the more Northerly Arabs like in Saudia Arabia and Oman are more admixed.

If you take a look at the graph of Haplogroups here you will see that the J Haplogroup reaches it's highest frequency in the Soqotra Island, as well as Yemen

Y-DNA haplogroups by populations of Near East - Wikipedia

It decreases as you get into Saudia Arabia and Iraq......

Furthermore it's intellectually dishonest to call the original Arabs "Black" while many of them are/were dark skinned they aren't black in the sense that they're Africans. They have a distinct culture and also distinct DNA.
The fact that you described Oman as more northerly than Yemen and claimed that Omanis are admixed nullifies your argument and shows that you are, in fact, an idiot. If you actually take a moment to look at a map, you would see that Oman borders Yemen to the east and they're both the southernmost countries in the Gulf.

It is true that the original Arabs descend from Yemen and migrated to different present-day countries after the collapse of the Ma'rib dam. Most of the Adnanite clans in various Arab countries all have their roots in Yemen.

What distinguishes ethnic Arabs from non-Arabs on a genealogical basis is solely, their DNA. Virttually all ethnic Arabs share the J haplogroup, predominantly J1.

I'm done educating you clowns unless you're willing to pay for these history lessons.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Wow this thread quickly derailed......Anyway I've read from various different sources that the original "Arabs" are/were apparently in Southern Arabia (Yemen and places like that) while the more Northerly Arabs like in Saudia Arabia and Oman are more admixed.

If you take a look at the graph of Haplogroups here you will see that the J Haplogroup reaches it's highest frequency in the Soqotra Island, as well as Yemen

Y-DNA haplogroups by populations of Near East - Wikipedia

It decreases as you get into Saudia Arabia and Iraq......

Furthermore it's intellectually dishonest to call the original Arabs "Black" while many of them are/were dark skinned they aren't black in the sense that they're Africans. They have a distinct culture and also distinct DNA.
Thank you for common sense
While there is truth in what you're saying, haven't Europeans done the same thing? They're quick to claim Ancient Egypt along with Ancient Mesopotamia, Ancient Phoenicia and other such civilizations. Just look at Greece for example. The Ancient Greeks themselves differentiated themselves from the Northern European who they routinely insulted and saw as inferior to themselves. Check Aristotle's book Politics. However this does not stop Europeans (no matter where they're from) from claiming Ancient Greece and "adding" it to a part of their of their history. Personally I don't have an issue with such as Greece is in Europe, but guess what? Egypt is in Africa! Yes I agree that African Americans that flat out say things like "WE BUILT THE MOTHERfukkING PYRAMIDS! CRACKER!" are morons who have no understanding of geography and ethnicity. However PLEASE do not limit this to only African Americans as White Americans can just be JUST as illogical. The Germanic and Gothic tribes DID NOT built Ancient Greece let alone Ancient Egypt. The last time I checked it wasn't African Americans creating multi-million dollar budget movies depicting the Ancient Egyptians in their image like White Americans do.

Now you're absolutely correct in that general history of the demographics of Egypt reflects Egypt's geographical location at the crossroads of several major cultural areas: Northeast Africa, Northwest Africa, the Sahara, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Near East. I don't disagree with that at all but the Black African connections are there and they're obvious.

Furthermore I have actually heard claims from some Europeans that African groups such as Horners are not actually Black Africans but are actually an extension of the Caucasian race! It was not African Americans who created the current contexts of race. In other words white folk cannot have their cake and eat it too. So yes Axum for the most part IS a Black African empire though they did interface with various Semitic groups it had a Black African foundation. So regardless of how Ethiopians or Somali's feel about African Americans or any other group of Africans it does not change the fact that they're Africans (mostly) both genetically and linguistically and their empires were founded IN Africa. However with that said I agree African Americans should NOT claim descendancy from East African Empires or from Empires outside of West Africa.
Thoughtful and considered post. I can't really disagree much with anything you said.

HalyeeyQaran

Rookie
Daps
LOL thnx for the kind comment :francis: but yes you're right about the Oman mistake my bad I was thinking Qatar. Other then that I think we agree on everything else.

Outside of that point perhaps someone can help answer a question. The people of Northern Sudan are they actual ethnic Arabs? or just Arabized Sudanese? because when you look at genetic studies it shows that the J1 Haplogroup is quite frequent in that part of Sudan. This indicates there has been some sort of gene flow going on. This would also coincide with the history of Arabs supposedly coming into Sudan and intermarrying with the local population in the 12th Century.
The people of Sudan have Nilotic and Arab admixtures. They're basically present-day South Sudanese mixed with Arabs. The Arabs bred with their women and they lost their original culture and language. Most of them suffer from a severe identity crisis.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
The people of Sudan have Nilotic and Arab admixtures. They're basically present-day South Sudanese mixed with Arabs. The Arabs bred with their women and they lost their original culture and language. Most of them suffer from a severe identity crisis.

Not precisely. The Afro-Asiatic Kerma culture of Nubians were absorbed by Nilo-Saharans thousands of years ago. Long before the Dinka and Nuer existed. The Nubian language today is evidence of that absorption.

@Misreeya

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Sir, so is that where the preponderance of E3B (Y-DNA) is found in some Sundanese groups like the Masalit and the Fur? Like is it a relic of older Afro Asiatic peoples in Sudan (North)?

I'm unsure so I'll leave it to the Coli's Sudan expert, @Misreeya to answer. However, it points to the trickiness of equating linguistic relationships as DNA relationships.
For example, the Hausa of Nigeria have a lot of genetic affinity to Nilo-Saharan around Lake Chad such as the Kanuri but they speak an Afro-Asiatic language. The theory is, Afro-Asiatic coming out to the drying Sahara absorbed them.

:yeshrug:

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Do the studies and you'll find out both points on Egypt are right sadly.

Egypt was black. Also, Egypt was "white". Lemme explain.

Of course Egypt begun black, it afterall is in Africa. Going back thousands of years, whites or asians have been knocking on the door of Egypt. In one book it explains how whites were basically camped out all around the coast of Egypt.

No different than how they are now. Whenever they see blacks doing something here they come :ld: and :feedme:.

Blacks fought them and kept them at bay for centuries. Finally, they gained a foothold in lower Egypt. They had small towns and begun to imitate black Egyptian life. They even began creating their own pharoahs. All of this imitating the actual black Egypt. And realize they didn't get this foothold until the blacks wete exhausted from fighting them for thousands of years and weak leaders came to power.

Now here's the bomb...

We blacks were hoh and didn't care our women were fukking cacs and asians. They had kids who were loyal to the cacs.

Things don't change, how they are is how they've always been!!!!

We blacks loved mulatto! We allowed them to gain powerful positions. The cacs bred us out of power. We were quick to give a cac our daughters and allow cacs to marry in!

The swirl was so great that blacks were bumped down two classes and pushed out. The mulatto children took the Egyptian name and forced the blacks to call themselves Ethiopians.

We were bred out of Egypt. Cacs were like World War Z zombies. For whatever reason we never eliminated them when we had the chance. Always stopped short of slaughtering them all. Let them breed like roaches.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
A arab is nothing but a mulatto. A mulatto that has become a race.

There's only two original races in this planet, black and white. Everything else is a mix. Either recent mix like 3000 years ago (arabs) or ancient mixes from much longer (asian and indian).

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
A arab is nothing but a mulatto. A mulatto that has become a race.

There's only two original races in this planet, black and white. Everything else is a mix. Either recent mix like 3000 years ago (arabs) or ancient mixes from much longer (asian and indian).
You really are a very stupid person.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Boring. Same old nonsensical justifications for your inferiority complex.

At the end of the day, the skin colour of the Ancient Egyptians doesn't really have any significance on the events of today, if you're a rationally minded person.

Common sense and worthwhile academic research both lead to the conclusion that Egypt, as a crossroads between Africa and Asia will always, and always has been, a very mixed population. The problem is African Americans who have grown up in a country like america where, if you arent a strong person, can quickly give you a massive inferiority complex about being black, want to use the events of world history to cure their own specific issues.

Since I joined this forum, I have seen black people referred to as the 'original' Chinese, Arabs, Egyptians, Europeans, etc etc. But the problem is, even though it is technically true that all the world's populations originate in Africa, there are too many generations, epochs, milleniums, during which people evolved in different ways for that to be true in any worthwhile sense. The reaching for all sorts of tenuous links to ancient civilisations honestly makes me cringe.

I notice you mentioned Axum. In your mind, because the horn of Africa is a black region, it should be grouped into the 'black civillisations' like Songhai and Mali, so people like you can feel some random notions of relation to these mystic and mythic ancient people? The only problem here is people from Somalia and Ethiopia for instance wouldn't even see their own countryman as their brother, (if they're from a different tribe or 'qabil').... But you stupid Americans think just because you have black skin, you must have some mythical unkown links to the great Egyptians who were also black! And its your job to uncover the conspiracy! Lol fukking pathetic mumbo jumbo internet historians.

I'm 99% sure you're Somali,
I say this because as a fellow Somali it does matter what the race of the ancient Egyptians are regardless of your opinion

There is an entire study devoted to distorting the race of the Egyptians in Egyptology, so whether you think so or not it's very clear that Europeans are very concerned with the race of Egyptians.

While I also agree that "blackness" isn't really a thing, it should be taken into consideration that those of us that live in the west are all grouped as "blacks" and collectively the Europeans have condemned the "blacks" as race without history, culture or civilisations and that is untrue; therefore it is no surprise that many blacks highlight and praise the works of African kingdoms and as they should. The entire reason why whites have been so ardent to deny the black contributions of Kemet is that it rocks the foundations of the uncivilised negro character they have created.

White Europeans always celebrate the Greeks and Romans as the foundation of "white" civilisation and yet blacks aren't allowed to celebrate the accomplishments of other blacks?

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the accomplishments of other black Africans especially when you live in a western society which does everything in its power to downplay it

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Firstly, no I am not Somali lol.

And I broadly agree with what you're saying. I just dont like the way people on this forum look at history EXCLUSIVELY through a perspective of race. And you say you're Somali so im sure you know full well how your own people look at history mainly through their ethnicity/qabil rather than some random notions of blackness?
And I dont think its necessarily a western thing I think its more an American thing.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
& ultimately, can any of you egypt-philes clearly explain the significance of proving Egypt was exclusively a black empire? Rather than a 'mixed' empire, an idea that many of you strangely can't seem to tolerate.

What does that change about anything? For me personally, I think history should be discovery and understanding, not cheap point scoring. Which is what stupid and racist, wilfully or otherwise, people do when they try to 'claim' Ancient Egypt for their own race, in the face of a mountain of contrary evidence. Black or white, two sides of the same coin.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
& ultimately, can any of you egypt-philes clearly explain the significance of proving Egypt was exclusively a black empire? Rather than a 'mixed' empire, an idea that many of you strangely can't seem to tolerate.

What does that change about anything? For me personally, I think history should be discovery and understanding, not cheap point scoring. Which is what stupid and racist, wilfully or otherwise, people do when they try to 'claim' Ancient Egypt for their own race, in the face of a mountain of contrary evidence. Black or white, two sides of the same coin.
:mjlol:
Pretending that you're a neutral observer on Eurocentrism in historiography