10 Facts That Clear Up Confusion Around What Exactly Is an Arab

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Somalis and Horners in general have have blood ties with South Arabians since the dawn of millennia. My mother is of Meheri descent. Other Arabs acknowledge the pureness of Qahtani Arabs. They (Modern day Arabs) say they are not pure. From their own mouths.

Micron

Pro
Daps
I am pretty sure that this is what the Europeans saw as a Moors/Arabs.

4329165066_88a2abf4b1_z.jpg

saint-maurice-detail.jpg

If there is one thing to count on White people for, it's chipping the nose off a statue of a Black person. Every time it just further cements what lengths have been taken to deprive Black folks of history, and deny to themselves Black historical accolades.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many African-Americans have to stop claiming other people and their histories. Be proud of who you are. No, you're not ancient Egyptians. No, you're not Arabs. Have some pride in your heritage.

Its funny that cacs think shaming people will change the truth about history.

The Ancient Egyptians being black is a historical fact. Same with the original Arabs. I haven't seen anyone claim to be a direct descendant of them. We are only correcting the record which has been changed by the lies of white supremacy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saladin wasn't black, he was Kurdish.

That's beside the point.

I only presented that picture as evidence to support the argument that white Europeans of that era viewed Arabs and Muslims as black.

Sort of like how if someone is gonna make a movie about Ancient Rome, the assumption is to make the actors white because that is the perception of what we think the Ancient Romans looked like.

In medieval Europe, the face of an Arab was considered black.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wtf is an original Arab?

Original Arab = those people who were called Arab and spoke Arabic in the 7th century A.D. before the rise of Islam.

Today's "Arab" population is mostly made up of "arabized" people. Similar to how after Spain conquered Central and South America, the natives of those areas became Hispanic. With the spread of Islam, alot of people who didn't use to be called Arab and who didn't have Arabic as a native tongue became Arab and started speaking Arabic.

Thus alot of today's modern Arabs are not the same ethnicity as the "original Arabs".

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I believed in race, I would say swagnificent is an embarrassment to the black race. Seeing as race is of course socially constructed, I can only conclude swagnificent stands alone, epitomising in one thread everything wrong, downright stupid and historically naive about 'pro-black' internet SJW historians. Truly pathetic.

Instead of engaging in ad-hominem attacks, how about rebutting my points.

I've got a thread full of pictures, quotes, and links supporting every point I make.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somalis and Horners in general have have blood ties with South Arabians since the dawn of millennia. My mother is of Meheri descent. Other Arabs acknowledge the pureness of Qahtani Arabs. They (Modern day Arabs) say they are not pure. From their own mouths.

That's cause they are the same people. East Africans and the Original Arabs were the same. They looked alike. Spoke similar languages. Had a similar culture. And regularly mixed with one another.

Its funny that people act like Arabia is on another continent when it is literally 20 miles from East Africa.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Lol. I know for a fact you have never been outside America. Just read nonsense on the internet and think you know about other peoples history better than they do. Dumb American. I hope you go and say this nonsense to an Arab or Somali and we will see how your comical combination of utter ignorance and arrogance will be received.

Lol the coli outdoes itself every time. In all my life living around so many ethnicities I never heard some of the bullshyt posted regularly on this website.

Micron

Pro
Daps
:ohhh: He wasn't Black in the movie "Kingdom of Heaven".

The only European picture of Saladin that was printed while he was alive that I know of is this

temp.jpg

Richard the Lionhearted on the right, and Saladin on the left.

Saladin was dark-skinned, but looking at this picture, I see a depiction that fits with a Kurd. As for Kingdom of Heaven, the fact that the middle Muslims were portrayed by Middle Easterners rather than White Europeans and were not one dimensional villains was refreshing.

HalyeeyQaran

Rookie
Daps
Its funny that cacs think shaming people will change the truth about history.

The Ancient Egyptians being black is a historical fact. Same with the original Arabs. I haven't seen anyone claim to be a direct descendant of them. We are only correcting the record which has been changed by the lies of white supremacy.
The term "black" is a social construct so if you mean darker than the typical Caucasian, you're right. What they aren't, though, are relatives of your West African ancestors.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The term "black" is a social construct so if you mean darker than the typical Caucasian, you're right. What they aren't, though, are relatives of your West African ancestors.

Interesting.

Do you also go around policing British and French people when they discuss or admire the Ancient Greeks or Ancient Romans? Or is this line of argument only brought up when black people in America discuss Ancient Egypt?

I never hear British people being told to shut up talking about Ancient Greece as the start of western civilization. I never hear them being told they had nothing to do with that. It seems this line of argument is used to divide black people from one another.

Once again I never claimed to be descended from Ancient Egypt. Just as I doubt any white person in England who admires Ancient Greece by liking the civilization is claiming to be descended from them. All I'm doing is simply correcting the record that has been changed by white supremacy.

The Ancient Egyptians were BLACK in the same way most African Americans are black. They had dark skin. They had nappy hair. Most had thick lips and broad noses. But like black people in this country those features were obviously not universal as there are some black people with thin noses and lips.

Once again you can try to spin this all you want by trying to minimize the Ancient Egyptians blackness. However the historical record is clear. They were black in the same fashion as Africans in America are considered black.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only European picture of Saladin that was printed while he was alive that I know of is this

temp.jpg

Richard the Lionhearted on the right, and Saladin on the left.

Saladin was dark-skinned, but looking at this picture, I see a depiction that fits with a Kurd. As for Kingdom of Heaven, the fact that the middle Muslims were portrayed by Middle Easterners rather than White Europeans and were not one dimensional villains was refreshing.

You really think that black n blue nikka looks like a Kurd?

If anything that picture gives Saladin exaggerated negro features.

I'm now convinced Saladin was 100% black.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Interesting.

Do you also go around policing British and French people when they discuss or admire the Ancient Greeks or Ancient Romans? Or is this line of argument only brought up when black people in America discuss Ancient Egypt?

I never hear British people being told to shut up talking about Ancient Greece as the start of western civilization. I never hear them being told they had nothing to do with that. It seems this line of argument is used to divide black people from one another.

Once again I never claimed to be descended from Ancient Egypt. Just as I doubt any white person in England who admires Ancient Greece by liking the civilization is claiming to be descended from them. All I'm doing is simply correcting the record that has been changed by white supremacy.

The Ancient Egyptians were BLACK in the same way most African Americans are black. They had dark skin. They had nappy hair. Most had thick lips and broad noses. But like black people in this country those features were obviously not universal as there are some black people with thin noses and lips.

Once again you can try to spin this all you want by trying to minimize the Ancient Egyptians blackness. However the historical record is clear. They were black in the same fashion as Africans in America are considered black.
Haha. Amazing. You are a true citizen of a country that will soon have Trump as a president. Little things like fact verification mean nothing to you people.

I live in the UK. You clearly know little about how British people view their own history. Race is very rarely discussed; emphasis is placed on groupings such as Roman, Viking, Anglo Saxon, Celt, etc etc. The difference is, the proof of all these people's influence is shown every day in the language, food, road names, public area design, culture, and art of the UK.

Your ridiculous and patently wrong assumption that ALL Egyptians were black, based on your ridiculous extrapolation of things like nose size, just further proves what an idiot you are.

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
This fool actually said 'most had thick hair and broad noses'... What on earth would you base that assertion on if not random paintings you've seen?

Look, I fully realise the beast that is white supremacy needs to be killed, on a worldwide scale. But it won't be done by trying desperately to link yourselves to all sorts of random historical civilizations that history shows you as an African American more than likely have no link to. I am descended from east and central Africans, but even though I admire Chinese culture, I'm not now going to start looking for any and every random historical information that I can use to form a tenuous link between me and the ancient Chinese!