10/12/24 DAZN/ESPN+: Artur Beterbiev vs Dmitry Bivol (Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Bivol BM insanely happy
Bivolbmhappy.jpg

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
I had COLD footwork for someone who started training late. It really is a art form. If I started earlier I always wondered how good I would be but I probably dodged a lot of CTE so :manny:
I feel the footwork thing comes naturally. I also was known for having the best footwork in any of the gyms I trained at. Never once tried to train for footwork specifically, it seemed to come naturally to me. I even made the switch to southpaw seamlessly because for whatever reason it felt more natural to me even though I'm right handed. Of course, the biggest weakness I had was having enough punching power to command respect :francis:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
@patscorpio surely you agree that’s the biggest robbery in a big fight in a decade?

Why you quieter than a church mouse? Bivol put on a clinic. Pure boxing. Proved that power isn’t shyt.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
i don’t use this word often but this was a robbery

I actually hate calling things a robbery but I don't know what else to call this.

To do all that... For UNDISPUTED. and a mf says 116-112....
Is a middle finger to your existence as a fighter.

He never even had a chance. This one of the few times I walk away from a fight thinking what was even the point.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Fight lived up to the 50/50 odds. Bivol tried to jump on Beterbiev when he hurt him, and Beterbiev hurt him back and had Bivol scared to press the action again.

Flip side, Bivol's high guard and movement took Beterbiev to the cards for the first time in his career. Excellent use of movement and understanding of distance from Bivol.

I really hate people underselling Beterbiev's work, especially his body punching. Nonetheless, I felt he needed a KD to truly win the fight, perhaps a draw at best. I do feel Bivol did enough, though neither man was able to wrestle the momentum away from the other.

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
Great fight. I thought Bivol was winning that but I guess I'm just biased as a Bivol fan.

I'll have to watch it back and do proper analysis.