$1 Million Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1 Billion?

$1M Guaranteed or Coin Flip for $1B?

• $1M Guaranteed

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • $1B Coin Flip

Votes: 87 33.3%

• Total voters

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
If you already earning 6 figures, you aren't far off a million.

I'm flipping at those odds. I can live with walking away with nothing.

Some of y'all would take the guaranteed even if it was a 1000 :mjlol:
:snoop: no no no no no no

Even if you had a job where you took home 100k annually after taxes, you'd still have to work at least 10 years just to earn 1 mil. Mind you that's earning a mil. You'd have made that much, but you still wouldn't be seeing a mil unless you saved all that money and didn't spent a single cent of it. So it would take even longer for you to actually HAVE 1 mil.

That is not the same as getting an instant 1 mil that you could clearly see in your account :francis:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You're going to be at work looking goofy as hell if that coin doesn't flip the right way lol
no. a million is hardly enough to retire.

expected return of 500 million...vs 1 million...

i understand if somebody is extremely broke why theyd take the million. But a million isnt that hard to get for a professional

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:snoop: no no no no no no

Even if you had a job where you took home 100k annually after taxes, you'd still have to work at least 10 years just to earn 1 mil. Mind you that's earning a mil. You'd have made that much, but you still wouldn't be seeing a mil unless you saved all that money and didn't spent a single cent of it. So it would take even longer for you to actually HAVE 1 mil.

That is not the same as getting an instant 1 mil that you could clearly see in your account :francis:
$1 million isnt life changing money regardless of how you want to spin it. It may be live comfortable money , but thats it.

$1 million vs generational wealth...i'm going for the latter.

lib123

All Star
Daps
$1 million isnt life changing money regardless of how you want to spin it. It may be live comfortable money , but thats it.

If you’ve spent the last 10 years living with a bunch of roommates, homeless, and check-to-check, $1M is definitely life changing. Life-changing is relative.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

All well and good, but that was never my argument

Mashal88

All Star
Daps
That would almost never happen but you are on the right track. The best idea is to monetize your position to gamble on the flip. Sponsors, tv show, YouTube channel, social media promotion….all to generate income off the buildup. That way you’ll have a bag that exceeds the $1million for you to pass on the flip. It’s a win, win.
It happens all the time in Poker. A lot of those guys are at high roller tables or tournaments only owning 30% of themselves lol. I think if we rework with something that makes more sense it will sound more feasible to yall. I find an investor willing to stake me something reasonable like $1-5 million regardless of outcome of flip. If I win the billion, they're guaranteed a percentage of it(5% or $50 million, pre-tax amount). It's a far better ROI than anything they could do without actually having to give effort.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps

A million in cash you can invest in rental property, 18 wheelers, a small business etc and live off residual income for life

A million dollars pays off your house and cars so you don't have any major bills to worry about

A million is definitely life changing unless you're already a multimillionaire

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A million in cash you can invest in rental property, 18 wheelers, a small business etc and live off residual income for life

A million dollars pays off your house and cars so you don't have any major bills to worry about

A million is definitely life changing unless you're already a multimillionaire
meh.

it really depends on your situation. if you make lets say $250K+ a year then nah
if you make less than 6 figures than i can understand making the million.

a million is pretty fragile in my opinion though. you have to make a lot of right decisions to stretch that money with little room for error

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
meh.

it really depends on your situation. if you make lets say $250K+ a year then nah
if you make less than 6 figures than i can understand making the million.

a million is pretty fragile in my opinion though. you have to make a lot of right decisions to stretch that money with little room for error
Lol yeah ok breh

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
its a lotta millionaires who went broke investing in real estate and small businesses.
but go ahead and keep thinking its that easy. like COVID aint just happen
I'm sure much more people have lost their 6 figure jobs than went broke with a million but ok breh

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It happens all the time in Poker. A lot of those guys are at high roller tables or tournaments only owning 30% of themselves lol. I think if we rework with something that makes more sense it will sound more feasible to yall. I find an investor willing to stake me something reasonable like $1-5 million regardless of outcome of flip. If I win the billion, they're guaranteed a percentage of it(5% or $50 million, pre-tax amount). It's a far better ROI than anything they could do without actually having to give effort.
This isnt poker. There is skill involved that isnt pure chance. A coin flip isnt an investment or skill based or speculative. Your scenario does not shake out with a coin flip for a financial investment firm.