1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

“The internet is speculation guys. It’s a bubble. Don’t invest in that stupid techy stuff. Pick real companies like Ford or GM” :obama:

Let's review.

"The Internet" is a thing you can build with. In fact, without email it would have been nearly impossible to do most of the jobs I've held. Right now I have no phone on my desk at work. The entire phone system is Web based.

So "the Internet" is not a bunch of fluff.

But. For some reason Facebook is worth a bunch of doe. If someone bought it right now perhaps they could cash out before Facebook becomes Myspace, right? Or MAYBE the cash that Zuck got for the IPO has yet to be recouped. If that shyt Myspaces out next year there MIGHT be some investors holding the - empty - bag still.

Meanwhile Apple is making physical objects. And is the biggest company in the world. And if Facebook becomes Myspace Apple can still deliver the next social media giant just the same way as it delivers you the current crop. So they are semi fad proof.

Like there weren't shytLOADS of companies that came and went and shytLOADS of people who lost their asses speculating on "the internet" in the early days.

Some stuff was *actually* worth what it was said to be worth. Some stuff was worth way more that anyone realized. And some stuff was worthless.

Bitcoin is the definition of something of questionable value cause it is based on absolutely nothing but imagination. So as long as we play cops and robbers your fingers are a gun. Once we stop pretending and move onto playing football, your finger gun vanishes along with our game. Bitcoin will work until it doesn't. The price of it can't increase forever. So where's the peak?

Have fun out there. Make sure your pull out game is strong.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
While btc itself might be a bubble, I fail to see how the blockchain tech isn't something that we will use in the future. I feel like we are already inching closer and closer to it with nfc payments and other digital payment systems. I cant remember the last time I've used paper money or a check.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Dont tell me about the skyrocketing value...

Tell me about how easy it is to liquidate these coins into real cash .....I see hundreds of threads online about bitcoin but I rarely see people talk about converting their large gains into liquid fiat currency

Coinbase?:manny:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Coinbase?:manny:

dont get me wrong breh....I am not an expert by any means

Its just that in all my reading of bitcoin articles etc.....I have never come across one where one person or entity ever turned a huge chunk of bitcoin into real money

I am sure it has happened or it exists,,,,,but I just never see it...

shyt is weird

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Let's review.

"The Internet" is a thing you can build with. In fact, without email it would have been nearly impossible to do most of the jobs I've held. Right now I have no phone on my desk at work. The entire phone system is Web based.

So "the Internet" is not a bunch of fluff.

But. For some reason Facebook is worth a bunch of doe. If someone bought it right now perhaps they could cash out before Facebook becomes Myspace, right? Or MAYBE the cash that Zuck got for the IPO has yet to be recouped. If that shyt Myspaces out next year there MIGHT be some investors holding the - empty - bag still.

Meanwhile Apple is making physical objects. And is the biggest company in the world. And if Facebook becomes Myspace Apple can still deliver the next social media giant just the same way as it delivers you the current crop. So they are semi fad proof.

Like there weren't shytLOADS of companies that came and went and shytLOADS of people who lost their asses speculating on "the internet" in the early days.

Some stuff was *actually* worth what it was said to be worth. Some stuff was worth way more that anyone realized. And some stuff was worthless.

Bitcoin is the definition of something of questionable value cause it is based on absolutely nothing but imagination. So as long as we play cops and robbers your fingers are a gun. Once we stop pretending and move onto playing football, your finger gun vanishes along with our game. Bitcoin will work until it doesn't. The price of it can't increase forever. So where's the peak?

Have fun out there. Make sure your pull out game is strong.

People said the SAME THING about the internet. THE SAME THING. Even if Bitcoin fails, the technology is here to stay. Even if every coin we’re talking about crashes, new more stable coins will come out of the crash just like new stable internet companies came out after 2000. We’re in the Wild West days. If this was the 90s, you would’ve advised people not to invest in Amazon, Google and Oracle because you were scared of the impending crash.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
One of the WOAT posts I've ever seen. Just a fail on all levels. :wow:

FOH Gramps. In your opening post, you said we’re too late to get in on the ground floor when Monero, IOTA and NEO have market caps that would need to go 50x to match Bitcoin’s current market cap and at least one of those will. Dummies always talk confidently about shyt they have no understanding of...:wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
never really invested in stock before but being seeing litecoin a lot recently, just bought 5 litecoins, if I even double the $ ill be happy :manny: just experimenting with this shyt

edit: its not letting me buy on coinbase, is this due to the hack ?

edit#2: can buy etherium right now but not litecoin or bitcoin at the moment

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
People said the SAME THING about the internet. THE SAME THING. Even if Bitcoin fails, the technology is here to stay. Even if every coin we’re talking about crashes, new more stable coins will come out of the crash just like new stable internet companies came out after 2000. We’re in the Wild West days. If this was the 90s, you would’ve advised people not to invest in Amazon, Google and Oracle because you were scared of the impending crash.

Get money.

Do it smart.

This thing is not a magic beanstalk so there will be winners and losers.

Be a winner.

(So invest. Just don't dump your whole 401k in there thinking it'll keep doubling til you retire. That sort of thing.)

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
All this shyt is bullshyt including USD.

We believe in it so it works.

People used to use seashells for money.

People in prison use stamps. Used to be cigs.

So it's literally anything.

The real question is: how much is really in the account? This is the essence of the bubble. The real estate bubble popped cause someone THOUGHT they had a half million dollar house. Same house was a quarter mil two years before. So it wasnt *actually* worth half a mil. Your ass thought you had a come up cause you thought it would be three quarter mil soon. Dude who sold it to you actually made off with the bag. Your bag.

Have fun. Get out at the right time. Thatv $8K bitcoin is only $8K cause you *think* it will become $10K. So you pay the 8.

But things that have actual value are stuff you can eat and build with. The rest is speculation.

The bubble is made of speculators.

This is true (that value is created in your head) but let’s get straight, that that isn’t some modern phenomena or isn’t some trick made by bitcoin promoters, it’s been going on since humans decided that shiny rocks where worth more than non shiny rocks

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
This is true (that value is created in your head) but let’s get straight, that that isn’t some modern phenomena or isn’t some trick made by bitcoin promoters, it’s been going on since humans decided that shiny rocks where worth more than non shiny rocks

Word up.

Just letting the Sibs know that this 'thing' is not a thing per se, just the current form of this imaginary concept fleshed out.