1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
All this shyt is bullshyt including USD.

We believe in it so it works.

People used to use seashells for money.

People in prison use stamps. Used to be cigs.

So it's literally anything.

The real question is: how much is really in the account? This is the essence of the bubble. The real estate bubble popped cause someone THOUGHT they had a half million dollar house. Same house was a quarter mil two years before. So it wasnt *actually* worth half a mil. Your ass thought you had a come up cause you thought it would be three quarter mil soon. Dude who sold it to you actually made off with the bag. Your bag.

Have fun. Get out at the right time. Thatv $8K bitcoin is only $8K cause you *think* it will become $10K. So you pay the 8.

But things that have actual value are stuff you can eat and build with. The rest is speculation.

The bubble is made of speculators.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Crypto speculation has a few things going for it at the moment; the currency is in it's infancy, the natural fear of investment that plagues the average person, the "learning curve" needed to enter the market (if it's not click and get it's hard in the mind of the average American), the concept is quite complex (tell the average person to go read up on BitCoin, it would likely turn them off to investing), and the layperson doesn't understand the purpose of it beyond you can buy drugs and ninjas online. All of this has kept out the masses and the government/corporations looking to make a quick buck off of those masses. BitCoin is picking up steam in the media again and people are taking notice. Once grandma has a BitCoin wallet someone from a banking conglomerate will be there to "manage" it for her and once the banks are involved......yikes. Like most "too good to be true" income generators if you're not in on the ground floor, or at least the third floor, you're fukked. When it hits the mainstream, party over. :francis: If you're going to get in on this trend this is pretty much your last chance if you want to make a decent profit.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps

The real question is: how much is really in the account? This is the essence of the bubble. The real estate bubble popped cause someone THOUGHT they had a half million dollar house. Same house was a quarter mil two years before. So it wasnt *actually* worth half a mil. Your ass thought you had a come up cause you thought it would be three quarter mil soon. Dude who sold it to you actually made off with the bag. Your bag.

Have fun. Get out at the right time. Thatv $8K bitcoin is only $8K cause you *think* it will become $10K. So you pay the 8.

But things that have actual value are stuff you can eat and build with. The rest is speculation.

Matthew Mcconaughey in the beginning of Wolf Of Wallstreet exposed the whole game but no one paid attention. It's all just bullshyt hype.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I kick myself everyday for not investing back in 2010
:francis:
How many bitcoins you sitting on breh?

There are many more investment opportunities to be had now outside of bitcoin... You should definitely study and learn, I gave out some great books that covers all you need to know to get started in the previous thread on this topic.

Well yeah, it is overvalued to an extreme imo, so it will ultimately crash. But if you have the funds and know how to trade effectively, you can still reap some profits before the bubble pops.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Crypto speculation has a few things going for it at the moment; the currency is in it's infancy, the natural fear of investment that plagues the average person, the "learning curve" needed to enter the market (if it's not click and get it's hard in the mind of the average American), the concept is quite complex (tell the average person to go read up on BitCoin, it would likely turn them off to investing), and the layperson doesn't understand the purpose of it beyond you can buy drugs and ninjas online. All of this has kept out the masses and the government/corporations looking to make a quick buck off of those masses. BitCoin is picking up steam in the media again and people are taking notice. Once grandma has a BitCoin wallet someone from a banking conglomerate will be there to "manage" it for her and once the banks are involved......yikes. Like most "too good to be true" income generators if you're not in on the ground floor, or at least the third floor, you're fukked. When it hits the mainstream, party over. :francis: If you're going to get in on this trend this is pretty much your last chance if you want to make a decent profit.
That's what took me out in 2012. shyt was cheap. I was all in. I had money and everything. Then they asked for form of payment other than CC or US checking and I was like fukk that. shyt, this shyt like 2 dollars, I rather buy stock. :mjcry:

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
That's what took me out in 2012. shyt was cheap. I was all in. I had money and everything. Then they asked for form of payment other than CC or US checking and I was like fukk that. shyt, this shyt like 2 dollars, I rather buy stock. :mjcry:

I know that hurt. :francis:

$500 for $2/share. :wow:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
There are many more investment opportunities to be had now outside of bitcoin... You should definitely study and learn, I gave out some great books that covers all you need to know to get started in the previous thread on this topic.

you talking about the 6 certs bitcoin thread? which comment did you post the books and videos? i've been downloading information like crazy i just don't wanna get caught up in misinfo etc
:lupe:

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
you talking about the 6 certs bitcoin thread? which comment did you post the books and videos? i've been downloading information like crazy i just don't wanna get caught up in misinfo etc
:lupe:

Is it too late to invest in bitcoin?

As for videos, I am subscribed to various trading channels because that is what I like to do (swing/position trade mostly). They can give good advice sometimes. I watch mostly to keep my mind in that frame of thinking. I get more out of reading various books though.

Here is one guy I watch almost every day:

For trading, I'd get Fundamentals of Technical Analysis by Kirkpatrick. The book is really dry and academic, but it took me 3 months to get through from what I remember. Very informative, and some of those chapters I'd skip (like the historical chapters).

Japanese Candlesticks by Nison. Typical candlestick pattern recognition.

There is a chart pattern analysis book that I'd recommend but I would have to find it.

Most of trading is looking for patterns and capitalizing on those patterns. But if you don't have the capital, I wouldn't bother getting into it as the monetary gains are minimal if you cannot trade on a standard lot ($100,000 leveraged) maintaining a risk of 0.05%. Some people go in undercapitalized and end up getting margin called immediately.

The platform I utilize for FX is MT4 through Oanda.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

“The internet is speculation guys. It’s a bubble. Don’t invest in that stupid techy stuff. Pick real companies like Ford or GM” :obama:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I remember sophomore year in high school (around 2011-2012) I was illegally streaming movies, and i would always see ads pop up for bitcoin saying that it was the currency of the future, and I’d get offers to buy bitcoin for really cheap ($20 USD) I always imagine if I took the risk of buying it, and how much richer I’d be :mjcry: