1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Gary Ginsler looking real shady in the light RN when this shyt goes to trial expect more skeletons to pop out:sas2:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
somebody used the word “anti-government” recently and I didn’t say anything cuz I can relate after the brief time I’ve spent in crypto these last 6 years now and didn’t want to dive into a rant…before when I thought of “anti-government” or heard the phrase I will be honest and say I used to think of angry/disgruntled ppl but I get it now…I was about to go into a whole rant but fukk it I’ll leave it at that
Me.

I've been getting back to my domaining last few months, so haven't been keeping up on the day to day but.....

Crypto.com shutting down U.S. operations. Got out of them earlier this year, so good there

Robinhood delisting ADA, Solana, MATIC. They don't want to get involved in fighting the SEC.

Binance.us stopping fiat in and out. This is where I had half my stuff because of staking. Not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe send it elsewhere (Coinbase) or leave it for staking.

Looks like Coinbase is ok at this point.

SEC suing companies because I guess they see altcoins as "selling unregistered securities,"

Looks like Bitcoin, ETH, XRP are safe.

If I have any of that wrong, let me know.

The U.S Is Banning All Altcoin Trading (Market Collapse)​

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just looking at my 90 chart for the crypto I have

Bitcoin up almost 20%

All my altcoins down 18%-48%

Altcoins = potential securities

So Bitcoin looks pretty safe, not a security, bitcoin halfing next year = where most of my money is going

Altcoins - more chaotic. Could lose big but also, could pick up bargains, who knows.

----------

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@surf
You peep that $SEC - fukkTheSEC?

nah didn’t see it

*edit*

idk if I’m looking at the right coin but it looks dead…no twitter update in 4 days and there doesn’t seem to be much if any volume

is this it?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m looking at SOL right now like I should’ve looked at ETH back in 2017 when it was only $10 at the start of that year when I just got into crypto…thought it was too expensive at the time tho and that it would never reach in the 1000s like BTC was at the time :mjlol:

question I have to ask tho is if I go in on it, where would I be able to sell it in the next 2-3 years if/when I need to if it’s still banned on american CEXs

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Me.

I've been getting back to my domaining last few months, so haven't been keeping up on the day to day but.....

Crypto.com shutting down U.S. operations. Got out of them earlier this year, so good there

Robinhood delisting ADA, Solana, MATIC. They don't want to get involved in fighting the SEC.

Binance.us stopping fiat in and out. This is where I had half my stuff because of staking. Not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe send it elsewhere (Coinbase) or leave it for staking.

Looks like Coinbase is ok at this point.

SEC suing companies because I guess they see altcoins as "selling unregistered securities,"

Looks like Bitcoin, ETH, XRP are safe.

If I have any of that wrong, let me know.

The U.S Is Banning All Altcoin Trading (Market Collapse)​

oh naw breh I was agreeing with you but just didn’t want to go on a rant…but yeah I hold the same frustration…shyt had me considering moving out the country at one point lol

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Basically, when the value of the asset is depending on the work of a small set of people, these people need to register with the SEC to ensure that they are not rugpulling the project.

So the only real difference is that a security will get regulatory oversight, while a commodity won't.

You are free to buy any security you want, but those offering it, are legally required to tell you the truth and not to do anything that would risk your investment to go belly up.

For you to be able to make that decision as a trader, they need to be transparent and that transparency has to be ensured by regulators.

Cryptocurrency exchanges are not registered as securities exchanges. This means that they can not list securities, and also that they can not offer leverage services or staking services

If 99% of cryptocurrencies are determined to be securities, this takes cryptocurrency exchanges back to 2017, listing ETH, BTC and LTC and providing only spot trading in those coins

It's not just about rugpulls. Securities include all coins created for the purpose of speculative gain

Arguably, ETH is also a security, but was originally released for trading in France, putting in under France's securities regulation, not the SEC

The 4 prongs of the Howie test (whether or not something is a security) are as follows, it's not required to meet all 4, in some instances 2-3 may suffice on a case by case basis.

1. An investment of money
  2. In a common enterprise
  3. With the expectation of profit
  4. To be derived from the efforts of others

Things can be both a commodity and a security. Matic being used on the network to execute transactions may be a commodity while Matic being staked for returns is a security.

When a cryptocurrency is considered a security, it means it falls under the regulations set by securities law, which are designed to protect investors and maintain the integrity of the securities markets. If a cryptocurrency is deemed a security, its issuance, trading, and handling would need to comply with specific requirements, like registering with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and disclosing certain information.

A commodity, on the other hand, is a basic good used in commerce that is interchangeable with other goods of the same type. If cryptocurrencies are treated as commodities, they fall under a different regulatory body, namely the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in the U.S.

These classifications matter because they determine what rules the cryptocurrency must follow, how it can be traded, and how it is taxed. It also impacts the legal recourse investors have in the case of fraud or malfeasance.

The debates surrounding these classifications stem from the fact that some cryptocurrencies operate like traditional securities (for example, tokens that represent shares in a company), while others behave more like commodities (for example, Bitcoin, which can be seen as a "digital gold").

The Howey test is used to identify the potential for manipulation, whereby that asset gets labeled a security and is subject to regulation. If an asset fails the Howey test, then it is reasonably assumed to not need regulation as it is driven by the commodities market.

Just because an asset is labeled as a security does not mean that it is bad or guaranteed to scam/rug people, only that it has the potential to to scam/rugpull people.

Some thoughts I grabbed from Reddit to further discussion here

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I’m looking at SOL right now like I should’ve looked at ETH back in 2017 when it was only $10 at the start of that year when I just got into crypto…thought it was too expensive at the time tho and that it would never reach in the 1000s like BTC was at the time :mjlol:

question I have to ask tho is if I go in on it, where would I be able to sell it in the next 2-3 years if/when I need to if it’s still banned on american CEXs
that's the big question...SEC really trying to do a number on crypto in America....

Eth at $!0 is crazy to read, let alone experience lol