1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I hope yal aren't scrolling past these posts like they're nothing
:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

If UST's demise was crazy, TETHER collapsing would be a damning blow to a lot of exchanges and pairs using USDT.
:lupe:
It's a nuclear Holocaust followed by a meteor the size of TX hitting Earth.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
No one finds the irony that for the past decade people have been yelling “get your money out the banks! Why do you trust them to hold your money :damn: buy crypto because you have full control over your funds :damn: “ only for the crypto exchanges to actually do what yall hated banks for

The irony is beyond ridiculous, people have been truly brainwashed

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
No one finds the irony that for the past decade people have been yelling “get your money out the banks! Why do you trust them to hold your money :damn: buy crypto because you have full control over your funds :damn: “ only for the crypto exchanges to actually do what yall hated banks for
Not your keys, not your crypto :yeshrug:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats why if you have btc or eth you gotta keep that in a cold wallet no matter what. even when things go bad you cant even sell it so why bother? i think coinbase is still ok, im not sure though

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's not ironic because people have warned against using centralized exchanges for years. Especially large amounts. A lot of folks are just lazy and don't care to use cold wallets

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Tether is about to depeg.... its June 13th, 2022.... you have maybe 30 minutes...

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a struggle babble-handler. can't deal with it :hhh:.

matic is not sound technically. that's the end of it.

any person shilling it as a buy should point out the extra risk, namely that it hasn't solved what they in their own WP claim to have solved. in the video I linked, they skirted over the security. their WP does not address it directly.

that's it :hubie:

*IOTA was the previous example of the same.
Ok, I'm at the desktop now. Dodged a lot in that reply.

No, you're a struggle reader, also struggle with definitions. Let me help you.

shilling
"A shill is a hustler or con-person who tries to convince other people to buy something or think something is great (shilling). The shill has ulterior motives for their actions, usually because they are the actual seller or have something to gain if the product sells well."

I asked you to quote me where you think I'm shilling you couldn't. The only thing you pointed to was a list of what coins I have and will be looking at, buying. Just like most people here mention what they're getting, typical stuff. It's also typical for people to do their own research. Now, I have seen some actual shilling from time to time here where the person posting will actually gain something if you get into their coin, thru their link, downline whatever. I get nothing if you get into MATIC

As far as MATIC, it is one that I was doing well with, along with others here. I mentioned many times I stick to top 50 types coins probably over 90% of the time, this is one of them.

I also said I have pros and cons for many of them. I mentioned SOL, I asked what you're into, dodged all that. Mr. Dodge.

Back to MATIC, one of the cons is something I have bookmarked on this one, mentioned in the video below. I know ETH is supposed to merge this year, supposed to be cheaper gas prices etc. Some think this could go well, some not. I'm leaning towards it working out. Which could hurt MATIC. It might not, we'll see.

And again, pay attention this time. The only one I said I was going to hit hard is the obvious one most people have a lot of, Bitcoin. I'm figuring out what I want to hit after that.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How you expect me to waste my time discussing which cryptos you are emotionally :picard: attached to is beyond me e-grow :mjlol:. go hug your pillow or something.

:camby: story over.

:hubie:
You folded easy. Your reply makes no sense. It's crypto, I'm not attached to anything. If there is something I get and I don't like for any reason in the future, I simply convert it to something I do.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

This should have been obvious. Your money is insured in banks, up to 250k. If the bank goes down, you're getting your money back. You're not getting shyt back with crypto and that's how yall wanted it. Well deal with the consequences.
:manny:

I have some crypto but most of my investments are in index funds. They're having a down period right now but guess what? I've been up for a decade plus and will go back up after this. Because the smartest investment will always be to generally bet on American business, not on scams.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This should have been obvious. Your money is insured in banks, up to 250k. If the bank goes down, you're getting your money back. You're not getting shyt back with crypto and that's how yall wanted it. Well deal with the consequences.

EVERYONE who deals in crypto inherently KNOWS this.... :francis: :francis: :francis:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's not ironic because people have warned against using centralized exchanges for years. Especially large amounts. A lot of folks are just lazy and don't care to use cold wallets
Damn. Thats crazy. That ive read probably 5,000 posts on here about crypto over the years and never saw such a thing warned against :ohhh:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:manny:

I have some crypto but most of my investments are in index funds. They're having a down period right now but guess what? I've been up for a decade plus and will go back up after this. Because the smartest investment will always be to generally bet on American business, not on scams.

I was intrigued by your post and this fdic insurance thing. Trying to see what their payouts have been over the years and how severe things can get. I came across their website about previous bank failures in past 20 years.

It happens often but not too often and most banks that failed are small banks anyways. Year with most banks was 2010 and with most money was 2008.

So I found this article from a few years back which is likely still accurate at least for #1. Biggest bank failure ever was Washington Mutual back in September 2008 for 307 billion. It got bought out by JPM aka Chase so the FDIC didn't have to pay.

1. Washington Mutual Bank​

• Assets: $307.02 billion
  • Deposits: $188.26 billion
  • Failure Date: Sept. 25, 2008
The largest bank failure ever occurred when Washington Mutual Bank went under in 2008. At the time, it had about $307 billion in assets. During the uncertainty of the banking crisis, however, Washington Mutual experienced a bank run where customers withdrew almost $17 billion in assets in less than 10 days. Washington Mutual didn’t receive any government bailouts and instead was seized and sold to JP Morgan for $1.9 billion, so the FDIC didn’t have to pay anything out of its reserve fund related to the bank’s closing.

So then that leads us to #2.

2. IndyMac Bank, FSP​

• Assets: $30.70 billion
  • Deposits: $18.94 billion
  • Failure Date: July 11, 2008
IndyMac became a major player in the banking world during the real estate boom of the early 2000s by specializing in loans that didn’t require borrowers to produce much in the way of income or asset verification. If home prices rose, that wasn’t a big deal because the bank could simply foreclose and recoup its loan amount by reselling the house. But when real estate prices fell, IndyMac’s losses grew. At the time of its closing, IndyMac was the largest bank failure in U.S. history — though it would only hold that title for a few months. The failure cost the FDIC approximately $9 billion.

Failure cost the FDIC approximately $9 billion. Going up the list, I don't see any other failures for higher than that amount. So the 307 billion bank was bought out by another bank and the second highest bank cost them 9 billion. Here's what I'm wondering,

RankBank NameTotal Assets
1JPMorgan Chase$2.87 Trillion
2Bank of America$2.16 Trillion
3Wells Fargo & Co.$1.75 Trillion
4Citigroup$1.65 Trillion
5U.S. Bancorp$530.50 Billion
6Truist Financial Corporation$488.02 Billion
7PNC Financial Services$457.45 Billion
8TD Bank$388.34 Billion
9Capital One$360.26 Billion
10Bank of New York Mellon Corp.$349.43 Billion

How they gonna save a top ten bank if one of them fails? Is Chase gonna be able to buy out Bank of New York if it fails like it did with Washington Mutual back then? What about if BOA or Wells Fargo fail? The FDIC gonna be prepared for something major like that?