1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Daps
stop the babble-posting. you have some reading to do :ufdup:

"What Is a Bank Run?

A bank run occurs when a large number of customers of a bank or other financial institution withdraw their deposits simultaneously over concerns of the bank's solvency."

LOL I know what a bank run is. I don't need your investopedia definition. These dudes are already in solvent. They couldn't even limit the withdrawals at all because they have absolutely no money. Looks to me more like a damn Ponzi scheme.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
LOL I know what a bank run is. I don't need your investopedia definition. These dudes are already in solvent. They couldn't even limit the withdrawals at all because they have absolutely no money. Looks to me more like a damn Ponzi scheme.
My understanding is that the exchanges that pay interest for your deposits, are taking that and then putting into DeFi protocols that are paying them even higher amounts in interest. They get a large amount of rewards from farming like this and nobody trips when things are going well.

This is also why the saying, "Not your keys, not your crypto" is huge when talking about centralized exchanges.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
LOL I know what a bank run is. I don't need your investopedia definition.

You limited "bank runs" to "banks", so clearly you do :ufdup:

expect people to argue with people who have never read an economics or finance text book in their lives :hhh:

your "they have absolutely no money" babble just doubles down on the ignorance. It's "assets" and in particular liquid assets that they would normally hold. Even your typical high-street bank has "no money" because of "opportunity costs". You would repo or money market "cash" (liquid assets) out to make a return (at least) overnight / short-term, especially in a high inflationary environment like we have.

:hubie:

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
I can't really afford bitcoin, but I'm definitely look at ETH. Wonder how low it's gone go. When Covid hit shyt was $100 and then exploded to $4700, I missed out. :mjcry:

I get paid next week. Might drop $500.:mjgrin::patrice:

Could even go to $600 if Bitcoin drops below 20k :yeshrug:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MATIC is crap.
My post was babble?

Ok. Give me a thorough reason why Matic/polygon is crap. Will take a look at the reason later and see if it makes more sense than the notes I have. Could save me some money if you can back it up.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
My post was babble?

Ok. Give me a thorough reason why Matic/polygon is crap. Will take a look at the reason later and see if it makes more sense than the notes I have. Could save me some money if you can back it up.

Yep prime babble :ehh: .

Because their layer 2 is not consistent and does not offer the same consistency guarantees as POW BTC or ETH.

Your answer to that is?

Don't vanish on me now .. :troll:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep prime babble :ehh: .

Because their layer 2 is not consistent and does not offer the same consistency guarantees as POW BTC or ETH.

Your answer to that is?

Don't vanish on me now .. :troll:
Later when I’m at my desktop. It was just in my top 12 list because I was doing well with it and a top crypto market cap wise. Gives you some more time if you want to add anything else. I always thought we should do a deeper dive on these, pros/cons, compare notes. I’m going thru each one, they’re going to move up, down or out. Any of the others you have opinions on.

Anybody got pros/cons with Solana. That’s a love/ hate one with me. So much development, but that downtime

Last edited:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Lowkey though we should have known summer would be trash, always a huge sell off around this time of year even without all this bad news but hindsight is a muthafukka. Unless the war ends we probably gonna have to wait until we approach winter for a proper bounce.
This is very historic. When else in history have we been hit with just coming out of a pandemic, high inflation, plus a geopolitical war going on all at the same time

Nobody could really predict what's happening now