1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
This is the story of my crypto portfolio :mjcry:

This is one of the two "charts" or pictures of the ups and downs of crypto that ring the most true. The other one is this one I see posted all the time.

The one posted above definitely hits home even more as that's why it's like holding alts during a bear market.

6f150a2b-12c2-4804-abc1-4d80edd1e7b3.png

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is one of the two "charts" or pictures of the ups and downs of crypto that ring the most true. The other one is this one I see posted all the time.

The one posted above definitely hits home even more as that's why it's like holding alts during a bear market.

6f150a2b-12c2-4804-abc1-4d80edd1e7b3.png

I laugh in hindsight every time I see this chart (due to its accuracy) bcuz the first “L” I took in crypto really had me blaming the government (I hadn’t seen the chart at the time)…I was on some real sour grapes shyt lmao

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I have 14 different crypto right now, 2 are actually overall in the green/profit, Render and NEAR.

With the others, I've been playing this Average Price game. This is what I've been doing.

Whatever my Average Buy Price is right now for each one, I don't ever want to pay over that again. I only buy when the price is under, I want to constantly lower that Average Buy Price with each purchase.

Some examples.

FLOW is 7% in the red., LINK 14% down. Those are not too far from being profitable again for me. Those can flip green on just 1 good day/few days. I want to focus on the worst ones.

My worst are:
Fantom 58% down. Average buy price for me is 0.97, it's currently 0.40
Cosmos/ATOM 62% down. Average buy price for me is 27, it's currently 10

I'm watching those 2 carefully waiting for it to go down a little more then make some buys, get that percentage down.

So even in times like this, you're not too far from flipping green. So from my 14, 2 are green, 4 are 20% or less down. Now I just work on those other 8.

Last edited:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, that Coinbase Visa Debit Card is working out nicely. If you're at Coinbase and don't have it, you should. Have to prefund it but that 4% is adding up nicely.

Unless I'm missing something, I have no idea why people would pick the other coins where it's only 1% back. You can simply take the 4% and convert it to your favorite coin, cash out, whatever.

Right now they have 5 coins to choose from, I chose Stellar because it's the highest percentage. They have ETH at 1% but I can just convert that 4% to ETH if I wanted that one. Not really concerned with Conversion fees and such, that all gets handled next year with the taxes.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Also, that Coinbase Visa Debit Card is working out nicely. If you're at Coinbase and don't have it, you should. Have to prefund it but that 4% is adding up nicely.

Unless I'm missing something, I have no idea why people would pick the other coins where it's only 1% back. You can simply take the 4% and convert it to your favorite coin, cash out, whatever.

Right now they have 5 coins to choose from, I chose Stellar because it's the highest percentage. They have ETH at 1% but I can just convert that 4% to ETH if I wanted that one. Not really concerned with Conversion fees and such, that all gets handled next year with the taxes.

Dont you need a good amount of crypto for it to work tho? :patrice:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont you need a good amount of crypto for it to work tho? :patrice:
For what to work?

If you're at CB and see it available, get it. I don't see any downsides.

Pre-fund it.

Spend $10 somewhere, get 0.40 back in crypto.

Spend $2,000, get $80 back in crypto. etc.

Last week made a spreadsheet of everything I'm using my credit cards and debit cards for and moved about 90% of it over to the Coinbase Card. Just last week, door dash, door dash, amazon, netflix, hosting for sites, spotify. Just adds up, even the lowest amounts. I figure if you're spending money, might as well get the highest percentage you can get back. Now it's crypto so it can go up or down but imagine the crypto you get goes 2x, now you're getting 8% back. Can always cash it out whenever you want or convert to a crypto you might like better.

I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to start getting cards from different exchanges but now I wish I would have done it sooner. No issues, it's really smooth with that card at CB.

Current rewards. You can choose whichever one you want, you can rotate them etc. I remember being a few more coins so what's available may change, the percentage may change but so far the 4% has been available.
Stellar - 4%
The Graph - 4%
Bitcoin - 2%
Cosmos - 2%
ETH - 1%

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
For what to work?

Pre-fund it.

Last week made a spreadsheet of everything I'm using my credit cards and debit cards for and moved about 90% of it over to the Coinbase Card. Just last week, door dash, door dash, amazon, netflix, hosting for sites, spotify. Just adds up, even the lowest amounts. I figure if you're spending money, might as well get the highest percentage you can get back. Now it's crypto so it can go up or down but imagine the crypto you get goes 2x, now you're getting 8% back. Can always cash it out whenever you want or convert to a crypto you might like better.

I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to start getting cards from different exchanges but now I wish I would have done it sooner. No issues, it's really smooth with that card at CB.

Current rewards. You can choose whichever one you want, you can rotate them etc. I remember being a few more coins so what's available may change, the percentage may change but so far the 4% has been available.
Stellar - 4%
The Graph - 4%
Bitcoin - 2%
Cosmos - 2%
ETH - 1%

:ohhh: i thought this was the debit card where they directly use the funds from your crypto account...

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
For what to work?

Pre-fund it.

Stellar - 4%
The Graph - 4%
Bitcoin - 2%
Cosmos - 2%
ETH - 1%

Thank you for the info, sounds promising. How do you apply for it?

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: i thought this was the debit card where they directly use the funds from your crypto account...
I think other places might do it like that. This one is bank, Paypal, wire transfer. I have mine tied to my bank so just click the Add Funds button and amount. Get instant text message when it's used, all the transactions show up on the card page.

Of course you can also use like any other debit card, pick a PIN etc.

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My worst are:
Fantom 58% down. Average buy price for me is 0.97, it's currently 0.40
Went ahead and bought more Fantom, lowered my Average Buy Price from 0.97 to 0.67. I like checking the monthly low before I buy which was 0.24, should have loaded up then, not sure if it'll get the low again anytime soon, so picked some more up at 0.40. Will get more if it dips some more.

BTC trying to get over 32,000 and ETH trying to get over 2,000. Dip a toe over and then back right under that.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
I laugh in hindsight every time I see this chart (due to its accuracy) bcuz the first “L” I took in crypto really had me blaming the government (I hadn’t seen the chart at the time)…I was on some real sour grapes shyt lmao

Lol yeah, that "blaming the government" part goes hard because its true. Thats definitely a place everyone's mind goes when a portfolio is bottoming out :mjgrin:

The "this is a suckers rally" one gets me. I have definitely been that person too.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Yeah we have been using the CB card for a minute. I don't think they will keep the 4% XLM offer for the whole bear market though. They have it on a rotation now where you have to choose a reward token and I think as things progress they will flip it from a very liquid token like XLM to either getting 4% in shytty tokens, or possibly no 4% options at all.

But its def worth it, and the BTC/ETH options are indeed pointless when you can just convert for a .25% fee using CBPro or the advanced trading website. 3.75% cash back in BTC/ETH is decent in a bear market when it will appreciate and become effectively several times that in 3 years or so.

Edit: Double post. Damn you cant delete posts here. I guess I understand why but...