1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I say it does by the next post-halvening cycle (2025) but I don’t see it happening this cycle jmho

I was just thinking about the prices of coins when I saw one of them fly past $3 on its way to $4 (with a circulating supply in the billions and there’s still room for it to run)…4 years ago folks would’ve argued vehemently that it was impossible and it could never happen…said the same thing about DOGE too…but as crypto becomes even more popular and more ppl (and importantly money) enter the space, these predictions stop being “outlandish”

Would the next cycle start in late 2022 or more likely closer to the midway point if that? Would we see a drop or more of a dip and some sideways trading for a while? I see in 2018 there was a drop and then sideways movement, as far as MC goes. Would that drop be as drastic this time around or more of a slow but steady drop until the next run up?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would the next cycle start in late 2022 or more likely closer to the midway point if that? Would we see a drop or more of a dip and some sideways trading for a while? I see in 2018 there was a drop and then sideways movement, as far as MC goes. Would that drop be as drastic this time around or more of a slow but steady drop until the next run up?

I’ll post the chart soon but since the first BTC halving (2012) there’s been a follow up period where the market runs the following year…I didn’t experience 2013

the 2nd halving was 2016 and the following year when I first got into crypto (2017) experienced a huge market run up…this was followed by a crash and a period of dormancy the next few years

the 3rd halving was last year (2020) and this year is speaking for itself and very reminiscent of 2017

of course there's absolutely no guarantee that things necessarily continue to play out the same way but I wouldn’t be surprised if things cool off next year and chill until the next halving (2024) followed by another market run up the following year that takes it to new heights…gimme a few to find the chart…shouldn’t take too long

*edit*

you can just google “halving chart” and a bunch of them will pop up…here’s one

graph1.png

this chart doesn’t show 2021 but predicted that it was gonna be another breakout year based on the pattern…all the dark gray areas represent the year after the BTC halving…I’m actually kind of kicking myself a little for allowing my confidence to be shaken earlier in the year when the proof was right there

it’s still not “too late” and the run isn’t over yet for this year but if/when the market cools down next year, I’ll be in the main thread and this one trying to prepare folks to start saving up to accumulate coins in the down period so that way they don’t have to worry about buying in late and will actually have a good head start on the next run

folks who are entering into these coins now may not necessarily get rich as soon as they hope BUT they can perhaps build up disposable income that they can use to reinvest in some of these projects when the market drops IF they take profit when the time is right toward the end of the year…if they do that correctly then they can set themselves up for a great set to get where they wanna be by the time the next cycle arrives

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
i see that chart for btc and was thinking about overall MC. Came across this graphic that looks to be from September 2018.

bitcoin-money-economy-in-perspective-7dd6.jpg

202B compared to 2.5T now, practically a 10x. Apple MC is a bit under that. Not sure what changes were made to the assets above it since then tho. Don't know if USD in circulation and physical money are included in the all money total. Its like there's a million dollars in quarters and 10 million dollars in US dollars but are the quarters being added to the US dollar total? So it could be that way.

I think we might be more ready for a correction now than before. Especially if 3T or more is reached by end of this run. There was a graph that @NotaPAWG posted a while back about the market and its trend over the past few years. I'll have to see if I locate it and check to see if anything has changed since then.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Here’s a chart to put in perspective where we are in #altseason, this just the beginning

This the one I was thinking of.

EyJjBGcXMAIyE4A

That was back in April and I think we've done a 4x nearly since then.

150M to 390B from that chart is 2600% increase if I'm calculating it right. Thats 1 quadrillion calculated by the 390B total if it does the same run and if I am doing it right. :russ:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This the one I was thinking of.

EyJjBGcXMAIyE4A

That was back in April and I think we've done a 4x nearly since then.

150M to 390B from that chart is 2600% increase if I'm calculating it right. Thats 1 quadrillion calculated by the 390B total if it does the same run and if I am doing it right. :russ:

I just peeped in 2019 the total MC for stocks was approx. $70 trillion…dunno what it is now…but at some point I imagine crypto will level off and trading will become more sophisticated…but this is why I encourage folks to get in while there’s still room for overall growth…but ya it won’t always rise at such a great rate after a while

*edit*

random but for some reason I thought this was the SHIB thread…newbies would be better off with this info…the vets in here are pretty much privy to this

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I just peeped in 2019 the total MC for stocks was approx. $70 trillion…dunno what it is now…but at some point I imagine crypto will level off and trading will become more sophisticated…but this is why I encourage folks to get in while there’s still room for overall growth…but ya it won’t always rise at such a great rate after a while
yeah definitely. build stacks now and transfer it to stable coins or stable assets to cruise until the next run. Look at it in a month to month or quarter to quarter basis instead of day to day or week to week. Long as you have more or atleast about the same total balance in start of 4Q than you did at start of 3Q, its a win.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If you're doing FTM avoid the hassle and just buy BNB directly from Trustwallet and bridge using spookyswap, then use the bridged BNB to swap for FTM

Spookyswap also has %60+ staking on all sorts of pairs

Jump in before the secret is out (the word is already spreading)

bout to send over the rest of my FTM to it to take advantage of staking for WFTM with Boo. 60% sounds great to me and hopefully Boo keeps going up while staking.

Daps
bout to send over the rest of my FTM to it to take advantage of staking for WFTM with Boo. 60% sounds great to me and hopefully Boo keeps going up while staking.

It's at %77.51 rn for USDC / FTM pair

Every other pair is about %60+ on average...

There are some pairs like CRV / FTM that are %80+ in case y'all mess with those

I'm just here for the FTM ride :wow: