1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Honestly at this point that shouldn't even be something that takes balls to hold. If an investor buys Bitcoin off rip that should know they gonna see some serious up and downs. When btc when down to 28k I felt greedy as hell, if it goes to 250k and went up and down 50k for a few months in a bear market Itll be like acid, seeing a portfolio move like that is a unique experience. Gotta learn to love that volatility.

Like you said you have to learn to love volatility but most people hate volatility due to their emotions. Not everyone can "gamble" their hard earned money on cryptos. For that scenario you mentioned what if it skyrocketed to 250k then went down to 50k for 6 or 7 years that could potentially crush your crypto spirit. Also factor in the diminishing gains theory.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Honestly at this point that shouldn't even be something that takes balls to hold. If an investor buys Bitcoin off rip that should know they gonna see some serious up and downs. When btc when down to 28k I felt greedy as hell, if it goes to 250k and went up and down 50k for a few months in a bear market Itll be like acid, seeing a portfolio move like that is a unique experience. Gotta learn to love that volatility.
Right. The volatility is just a small price to pay for the great upside. Imagine selling AMZN back in 2000 just cause it went down 75%. Got to zoom out and look at the big picture

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Like you said you have to learn to love volatility but most people hate volatility due to their emotions. Not everyone can "gamble" their hard earned money on cryptos. For that scenario you mentioned what if it skyrocketed to 250k then went down to 50k for 6 or 7 years that could potentially crush your crypto spirit. Also factor in the diminishing gains theory.
Well thats the thing, I'm speaking mainly for people who do invest in it, it's unavoidable, it's almost contract like, the moment you buy Bitcoin you buy the volatility, people like the ones you mention simply should just invest in something else more stable if they feel like that :yeshrug:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine the pull backs during a 6 figure bitcoin 30% is 30k down in a day.:huhldup:who has the balls to hold during those times. What if we enter a bear market but we thought it was a dip. What if it rebounds and goes to 200k or 300k or 500k. What if we totally miss the bull run:banderas: this should be fun
The drops will become smaller as it goes higher (i think) It's harder to drop 30% on a six figure btc than it is now.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
  • Dap
Reactions: DLo
Daps
it’s running too fast…showing that it’s almost doubled since the announcement…tried buying some but I’m getting a “price impact too high” message…this has a relatively low token supply too so I wouldn’t be surprised if it has a good little run…damn

*edit*

got some…hope this continues to run hard

Still running up