1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This might sound a bit far fetched but think traditional banks are done within the next 15-20 years.

Kids nowadays hate traditional banking and names like "wells Fargo" or "chase" which have been drowning them and their parents in things like student loan/car/credit card debt for years

Not to mention you don't need age verification / Id on these exchanges where as banks will make you jump through hoops.

If kids are getting 150% apy on a friendly cool looking app call pancakeswap .Or even 10% apy on a stable coin on an app called Aave with a smiley ghost , I don't see them turning 18 and running to chase or the bank that has their parents drowning in mortgage debt to open an account and earn .05 % interest.
Agreed. I know too many people using Cash App as a bank.

I'm going long on Sofi stock lol

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
This might sound a bit far fetched but think traditional banks are done within the next 15-20 years.

Kids nowadays hate traditional banking and names like "wells Fargo" or "chase" which have been drowning them and their parents in things like student loan/car/credit card debt for years

Not to mention you don't need age verification / Id on these exchanges where as banks will make you jump through hoops.

If kids are getting 150% apy on a friendly cool looking app call pancakeswap .Or even 10% apy on a stable coin on an app called Aave with a smiley ghost , I don't see them turning 18 and running to chase or the bank that has their parents drowning in mortgage debt to open an account and earn .05 % interest.

I'd boldly predict 10 to 15 and wild estimate of 5 to 10, especially for smaller banks and those that don't adapt to crypto. They can't compete with these big crypto exchanges. Especially with fiat losing value. Better to keep your money on an exchange earning money and increasing profit than in a bank with less interest. Harder to use crypto to buy things but you're able to use it amongst your peers easily for things. The crypto economy gonna just keep growing. Look how far along it's come the past ten years. It's always evolving. Won't be surprised if by end of 2022 a major bank adds at least a btc option to checking or savings accounts.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I told y’all, the fiends will be right back LMAOOO :russ:

The fiends stay chasing they next fix, no matter how bad it gets SMH
7595-CE0-A-C9-DD-4-CD0-8295-94-BB4-FFC59-B4.jpg

I don't want to laugh because in this game, anyone's (mis) fortune can change overnight but the way he said "I ONLY deal with Robinhood" was on some :mjpls::hhh: :ufdup: with people using other exchanges for crypto:mjlol:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

It's happening. The number of people with cellphones vs bank accounts is already lopsided. There are 5 times more people with cellphones than those with a bank account right now. You're right tho, once a company puts it all together and has a solid push marketing wise for the things you mentioned, it's game over. Plenty of the youth use Cashapp like this already...

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd boldly predict 10 to 15 and wild estimate of 5 to 10, especially for smaller banks and those that don't adapt to crypto. They can't compete with these big crypto exchanges. Especially with fiat losing value. Better to keep your money on an exchange earning money and increasing profit than in a bank with less interest. Harder to use crypto to buy things but you're able to use it amongst your peers easily for things. The crypto economy gonna just keep growing. Look how far along it's come the past ten years. It's always evolving. Won't be surprised if by end of 2022 a major bank adds at least a btc option to checking or savings accounts.

Real talk banks have ruled modern society for over 500 years. They either gonna rig the system or buy all these exchanges out. 3 things guaranteed in life. Death, taxes and the banks getting they cut.

Remember we talking about institutions that get their money whether its legal, illegal, clean money, dope money, war money, slavery money it don't mater. They gonna get paid.

And real talk best believe a lot of these banks are private investers with these exchanges. Just because they name ain't on the exchange don't mean they ain't getting a cut.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

True. But you think banks are going to rollover and die? They will declare war and lobby politicians to make strict regulations if they haven’t started already