1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I don't want to laugh because in this game, anyone's (mis) fortune can change overnight but the way he said "I ONLY deal with Robinhood" was on some :mjpls::hhh: :ufdup: with people using other exchanges for crypto:mjlol:
It sure was, LMAOOO :mjlol:

We seen people up in green celebrating, be in they feelings all red after a rugpull asking “is this the end :sadcam:” every single day the very next week lol.

The game is the game, always :wow:
F1-F984-C6-3-E62-4080-95-C6-5-FBBB8302-D1-C.jpg

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
When do yal think it's going to be viable to ditching traditional checking/savings accounts and having crypto assets being adopted instead.

With stablecoins being a thing, and with some exchanges offering double digit APR for holding them, it actually makes a hell of a lot more sense to store the amount of bread you have in FIAT in a stablecoin and gain that kind of % on your money opposed to it just sitting in your bank account.

:jbhmm:

If there was a solution that let people pay off credit cards with crypto that would be interesting.

countries with central banks typically have some sort of deposit insurance - to lower the likelihood of runs on the banks.

the UK upped the limits after the 2008 run on the banking system.

saying that it's impossible to bail all of the savers out should the entire banking system collapse.

also: interest rates cannot be that high above base rate. it would probably be inflationary.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
It sure was, LMAOOO :mjlol:

We seen people being up in green celebrating, be in they feelings all red after a rugpull asking “is this the end :sadcam:” every day the very next week lol.

The game is the game, always :wow:
F1-F984-C6-3-E62-4080-95-C6-5-FBBB8302-D1-C.jpg

yeah he was like only serious investors are on Robinhood:russ:

Coinbase?:scusthov: Binance?:usure::gucci: Kucoin? The:dahell: crypto.com :picard:

:lolbron::mjlol:

that quote :wow::wow::wow:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This might sound a bit far fetched but think traditional banks are done within the next 15-20 years.

Kids nowadays hate traditional banking and names like "wells Fargo" or "chase" which have been drowning them and their parents in things like student loan/car/credit card debt for years

Not to mention you don't need age verification / Id on these exchanges where as banks will make you jump through hoops.

If kids are getting 150% apy on a friendly cool looking app call pancakeswap .Or even 10% apy on a stable coin on an app called Aave with a smiley ghost , I don't see them turning 18 and running to chase or the bank that has their parents drowning in mortgage debt to open an account and earn .05 % interest.
How does an employer pay you if you don’t have a bank account?

But yea I think people will put less and less in their 0.1% interest savings accounts

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

But yea I think people will put less and less in their 0.1% interest savings accounts

Decades and decades and decades from now employers will give the option to pay folks in crypto. Might be a US created government back crypto but that day is coming. I mean crypto ain't but imaginary money done all electronically.

But that is basically what we dealing with now when you get a direct deposit and no physical check.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Through a digital wallet.

True. But you think banks are going to rollover and die? They will declare war and lobby politicians to make strict regulations if they haven’t started already

They'll put up a fight, but at the end of the day things evolve

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

That's with direct deposit. Some employees can just get a physical paycheck and cash it out somewhere. Banks as far as places to hold currency may not be gone, but the traditional way of banking may be gone soon enough. People going inside the branch less and less thru out the last five years or so I'd say. Companies can open an account with a stable coin like USDC or T and then have employees link their wallets to it and transfer the money like that on payday. Of course that may be easier for bigger established companies as well as small individual startups. But you need an easier system to get money into the companies crypto wallet. I do feel like they'll eventually start accepting crypto for payments whether it's stable coins first and then btc/eth or others. Amazon could do it for their products probably. There needs to be an easy integration between physical currency and digital currency. Physical still gonna be around cuz I'm sure there are places that may have a use for it, but giving the option for both may make it easier for companies.