1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What does the Yahoo and Google analogy mean? :jbhmm:

it means that technologies are always improved on and first versions are rarely the last.

when yahoo was top dog no one saw google coming, and then google almost put yahoo out of business.

likewise (according to them) a better crypto currency will eventually crush the buildings

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it means that technologies are always improved on and first versions are rarely the last.

when yahoo was top dog no one saw google coming, and then google almost put yahoo out of business.

likewise (according to them) a better crypto currency will eventually crush the buildings
We need to figure out what coin that will be

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

Market will have to prove it can survive without BTC being the top dawg, because right now the market moves as BTC moves. For that to happen I think the BTC whales would have to abandon BTC and invest in the other coins.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Market will have to prove it can survive without BTC being the top dawg, because right now the market moves as BTC moves. For that to happen I think the BTC whales would have to abandon BTC and invest in the other coins.

market? people transacting will be driven by utility NOT by trading ..

people in crypto keep speaking with double-tongues.

let's say that by that point the adoption problem will have been solved ..

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
market? people transacting will be driven by utility NOT by trading ..

people in crypto keep speaking with double-tongues.

let's say that by that point the adoption problem will have been solved ..

Not to derail the thread but I don't think we are anywhere near adoptionm at this point. Probably a decade+ away if it ever indeed happens in our lifetime. So yea I refer to this as a market that is driven by trading until shown otherwise.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
How many whales are there? With a limited supply, I can imagine any whale selling would greatly affect the price. Especially now with institutions getting in more and more. How long before they get tired of btc and move towards eth as it grows? Or what if whales take up mostly the entire supply? Or what if it loses popularity? Eventually the market gonna move with or without btc. I think over time it will happen.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Sounds like he saying that yes BTC started the wave and is currently king but may not end up staying that way
The Yahoo and google metaphors was in relation to Ethereum. He said he doesn't see anything unseating BTC for store of value. But for smart contracts, he sees possibility for another chain to come in and do it better than Ethereum at some point