1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
what do you know about "coin tech"?

a better replacement is one that solves (has solved already) problems that are inherent in BTC.

a better replacement is not based on vapourware and as yet unfulfilled promises.

Enough as a CE, but I agree with both statements and I think both exist, more so the latter though.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:mjlol:Man y’all better stop playing when it comes to taxes. Uncle Sam might take a minute but eventually he finds you:ufdup:

tenor.gif

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How long does binance take to verify? Been 2 days already.

Just got approved this morning, checking what they have now. If you haven't yet, should be soon.

Right now just signed up to mainstream exchanges. Putting CoinMarketCap and CoinGecko ratings next to each one:

CoinBase - 8.9/10
Kraken- 8.5/10
Binance.us- 7.9/10
Gemini- 7.3/9
Kukoin- 8.4/9

Top Cryptocurrency Exchanges Ranked By Volume | CoinMarketCap
Top Crypto Exchanges Ranking (Spot) | CoinGecko

Crypto.com - seems like issues from the posts in this thread

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Enough as a CE, but I agree with both statements and I think both exist, more so the latter though.

who has solved the throughput vs. security limitations? who has solved the quorum problems (low threshold for attack) with off-chain foreign (wrapped) transactions?

where is the running network? proof? papers?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
When something different and better comes along. Like look at the yahoo and google analogy. Look at the car industry. Ford was the original and creator but it's not the current best selling brand. Nothing is guaranteed. Technology always evolving and who knows when something different may come around that the people have more interest in. Not saying it may happen soon but the possibility of it happening are there.
You can hop from Yahoo to Google or Myspace to Facebook without a care in the world because all you need is your email address to sign up. There was no money involved on your part. Institutions have put billions into bitcoin, they've made substantial changes to the financial system for bitcoin. They made their choice and will be highly invested in maintaining that. Again pay attention to the news. Where is all the wealth going? Into bitcoin. Store of wealth is not about fast transactions per second. It's about the stability and security. NOT about the tech

Any new coin that you think can take over bitcoin has to prove they are more secure than btc that has been the most secure blockchain for 12 years and counting. Zero down time. How else can you prove that other than time AND convince companies, institutions, and people to move their wealth to it? The network effect is gigantic. It's pretty much not going to happen for store of wealth

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
who has solved the throughput vs. security limitations? who has solved the quorum problems (low threshold for attack) with off-chain foreign (wrapped) transactions?

where is the running network? proof? papers?

Yeah I can't argue against BTC being the most secure out of all the coins. I have to concede that point.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
How many whales are there? With a limited supply, I can imagine any whale selling would greatly affect the price. Especially now with institutions getting in more and more. How long before they get tired of btc and move towards eth as it grows? Or what if whales take up mostly the entire supply? Or what if it loses popularity? Eventually the market gonna move with or without btc. I think over time it will happen.

I was reading an article earlier that might provide some insight to your question.

May 11, 2021 at 6:10 a.m. EDTUpdated May 11, 2021 at 12:26 p.m. EDT

Bitcoin’s short-term prospects are looking a little bleak, with blockchain data pointing to renewed selling by “whales” – large investors with the ability to influence markets.

• The number of whale entities – clusters of wallet addresses held by a single network participant holding at least 1,000 bitcoin (BTC, +1.29%) – fell to a 5.5-month low of 1,943 on Monday, according to data provided by Glassnode.
    (So that’s 1,943 investors in the $55 million+ USD range in terms of money invested in bitcoin)
  • The metric has dropped by 60, or 3%, in the past five days, extending the decline from a record high of 2,237 on Feb. 7. Whale selling had eased off in the second half of April.
  • "The data looks bearish, as it shows a clear trend of whales offloading their holdings," said Pankaj Balani, co-founder and CEO of the Singapore-based Delta Exchange.
  • From October 2020 to February 2021, the number of whale entities had risen in lockstep with bitcoin's price, validating the narrative that the rally over that period was the product of increased participation by large investors.
  • Hence, the divergence between the two metrics is a cause for concern for the bulls.
  • Bitcoin's price has been generally restricted to the $50,000 to $60,000 range since mid-March amid continued selling by whales. In other words, retail investors alone have been struggling to drive the rally.
  • Recent market-wide price action suggests investor focus has shifted from bitcoin to ether (ETH, +4.57%) and other alternative cryptocurrencies (altcoins).
  • While ether has more than doubled to record highs above $4,100 in the past two weeks, bitcoin has remained comatose below $60,000 and looks vulnerable to a deeper drop unless whales resume buying.
  • Balani predicted a notable correction below $50,000 in the short term. "Monday's move was quite confirmatory of the impending drop," he said.
  • Bitcoin fell by over 5% to $53,500 on Monday, putting brakes on the rally in ether and other alternative cryptocurrencies. Ether closed Monday on a flat note at $3,950.
SOURCE: Bitcoin Pullback Risk Rises as Whales Resume Selling - CoinDesk

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You can hop from Yahoo to Google or Myspace to Facebook without a care in the world because all you need is your email address to sign up. There was no money involved on your part.

I don't think you know what google and facebook B2B actually do.

Google's B2B revenue was almost 200bn in 2020.

That's money "involved" :ufdup:

Think google is all about free email services brehs :hhh:

Institutions have put billions into bitcoin

1 trade to reverse that. Just 1 trade.

they've made substantial changes to the financial system for bitcoin.

Like what? List some. Tell me how they make trading out of BTC impossible or difficult.

They made their choice and will be highly invested in maintaining that. Again pay attention to the news. Where is all the wealth going? Into bitcoin. Store of wealth is not about fast transactions per second. It's about the stability and security. NOT about the tech

1 trade to reverse that. Just 1 trade.

Any new coin that you think can take over bitcoin has to prove they are more secure than btc that has been the most secure blockchain for 12 years and counting. Zero down time. How else can you prove that other than time AND convince companies, institutions, and people to move their wealth to it? The network effect is gigantic. It's pretty much not going to happen for store of wealth

Blockchain security is not based on empiricism. It is a mathematical argument. Provable in a few sheets of paper.

9 sides including references for the full proof: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf .

BTC has been rolled back before.

-

here are some tech videos which explain why compartmentalised layer-0 will abstracted further and further away from users.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yeah I can't argue against BTC being the most secure out of all the coins. I have to concede that point.

you have faith in a partially-performing fluid-descriptive-purpose but limitedly-useful network and likewise other people in the future will have even more unshakable faith in an actual fully-working alternative to BTC.

why would they not have even greater conviction?

that is how markets move.