1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Farming means you're providing liquidity. It's usually a pair of coins in an equal dollar amount so $500 of ETH/$500 of ABC.

Farming may have a better return but there's impermanent loss. If the price of one of the coins in the pair goes up or down you're not going to receive the amount you put in when you exit the pool. You might get back $450 ETH/420 ABC. The ratio can change due to price changes or the amounts of each coin in the pool.

Farming also has greater risks because your coins are in a smart contract. If there's a flaw in the contract a hacker can drain the pool. Staking is safer in that regard. There's no impermanent loss with staking either. If you have $500 of ABC and you don't want to buy $500 of ETH you're better off staking.

BSC has the lowest fees and the lowest entry point. It's best to start farming and staking on Pancakeswap to learn the game. You'll be paying anywhere from .16-.83 typically. Farming on Ethereum isn't recommend unless you have deep pockets. Fees will be in the double and triple digits.

Appreciate the info breh

Pancakeswap, is it like the compound platform?

Just a question, when you're lending a coin, is this considered a form of "farming" or is it just "lending" your coin out to be used?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Appreciate the info breh

Just a question, when you're lending a coin, is this considered a form of "farming" or is it just "lending" your coin out to be used?
youre basically just lending it.

all the Defi shyt is essentially cutting out the middle man (banks, government) and giving you all the profit they normally make

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Appreciate the info breh

Never used Compound and I've never done any lending. I don't think that's where you want to start. Try your hand at staking and set some money aside for farming.

Pancakeswap cut the farming APR's by 20% ( actually voted for this) so the rewards aren't as big but still profitable.

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
Appreciate the info breh

Equivalent to Compound is Venus(app.venus.io) for lending and borrowing.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm seeing a pattern here:

Screenshot-20210330-151212.png

Screenshot-20210330-150806.png

Screenshot-20210330-150720.png

All three of these got added to the Pancakeswap farm and got a huge pump as people buy to be first in the pool and get a ridiculous APR:

They usually announce the coin on Twitter in the morning for staking. It gets added to the farm around 2-3am EST.

Next up is PNT which should hit the farm tonight. Gonna try to buy some and see it if pumps like the rest then sell. Could be easy money.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Farming means you're providing liquidity. It's usually a pair of coins in an equal dollar amount so $500 of ETH/$500 of ABC.

Farming may have a better return but there's impermanent loss. If the price of one of the coins in the pair goes up or down you're not going to receive the amount you put in when you exit the pool. You might get back $450 ETH/420 ABC. The ratio can change due to price changes or the amounts of each coin in the pool.

Farming also has greater risks because your coins are in a smart contract. If there's a flaw in the contract a hacker can drain the pool. Staking is safer in that regard. There's no impermanent loss with staking either. If you have $500 of ABC and you don't want to buy $500 of ETH you're better off staking.

BSC has the lowest fees and the lowest entry point. It's best to start farming and staking on Pancakeswap to learn the game. You'll be paying anywhere from .16-.83 typically. Farming on Ethereum isn't recommend unless you have deep pockets. Fees will be in the double and triple digits.
The V2.1 Difference

Bancor has impermanent loss protection check it out

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
has anyone in here staked their coins
I'm looking into it and it's looking promising

I've staked on Crypto.com, they have terms for staking their coins and you have to have a certain minimum to stake.
Flexible
1 month
3 month

All at different rates of course

I was just going to ask brehs, where do you actually "stake" coins, the best platforms that will give rewards/returns

Coinbase only is staking, Tez (staking), Algo, Dai, USDC, and comos (staking) the other coins in this list, you can earn rewards, it's pretty simple, just have to turn on the feature and you can start gaining interest after a day I think

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Earn Passive Income with Crypto | Staking Rewards

Polka dot, if I wanted to stake this coin, where would I actually go to stake the coin or any of these coins to get those gains.

I can buy the coins on Coinbase, etc, but you can't stake Polkadot there... I am assuming.

I guess that's where it gets cloudy for me, where to actually go to stake coins, that's reliable and reasonable. I am using Block-Fi, breh told me about.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm seeing a pattern here:

Screenshot-20210330-151212.png

Screenshot-20210330-150806.png

Screenshot-20210330-150720.png

All three of these got added to the Pancakeswap farm and got a huge pump as people buy to be first in the pool and get a ridiculous APR:

They usually announce the coin on Twitter in the morning for staking. It gets added to the farm around 2-3am EST.

Next up is PNT which should hit the farm tonight. Gonna try to buy some and see it if pumps like the rest then sell. Could be easy money.

Just bought some and will update on here if it moons. If it doesn't. Eat this neg :patrice:

All I need is another ALICE/DODO type listing with no pre-existing liquidity

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just bought some and will update on here if it moons. If it doesn't. Eat this neg :patrice:

All I need is another ALICE/DODO type listing with no pre-existing liquidity

:childplease: I made you press the buy button? If it doesn't pump it doesn't pump