1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Cappadonna needs to release that new album cover as an NFT :mjlol:

135621481_10105238195725683_7439815709507430708_o.jpg

Daps
Ethereum does have a way better dev community. BSC is mostly all clones/forks of ETH projects and a ridiculous amount of scams.

From a strictly trading point of view, BSC is ok for now cause of the low fees. But the tradeoffs it makes for that...and lack of innovation, ETH is still gonna come out on top long term.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sometimes i feel Decentralization cannot work, because we are bred to be naturally greedy. Every coin 1 percent of people have 80 percent of the coins, it is just a rat race, just like fiat. This misbalance defeats the purpose of personal empowerment for finance and decentralization.

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
Sometimes i feel Decentralization cannot work, because we are bred to be naturally greedy. Every coin 1 percent of people have 80 percent of the coins, it is just a rat race, just like fiat. This misbalance defeats the purpose of personal empowerment for finance and decentralization.
Decentralization does not mean mean coins are distributed evenly. That's not what decentralization is. It means no one person or group controls the network or it's rules. Such as with fiat where a central authority can just print more money and give it to bankers\big companies.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
That's definitely not the case for every coin. Make sure you understand where you're putting your money

Decentralization will be great in certain scenarios like the transfer of money for example. Right now the systems are just inefficient. If I want to send money to family abroad, using a bank can get expensive with fees and is time-consuming having to wait 3-4 business days or some bs like that. I have to use some centralized intermediary like Western Union or deal with some bullshyt like PayPal who has the liberty to freeze your account whenever they want, asking you why are you sending/receiving this money. Decentralized peer to peer payments is going to be a very welcome means for transferring money in the future

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
That's definitely not the case for every coin. Make sure you understand where you're putting your money

Decentralization will be great in certain scenarios like the transfer of money for example. Right now the systems are just inefficient. If I want to send money to family abroad, using a bank can get expensive with fees and is time-consuming having to wait 3-4 business days or some bs like that. I have to use some centralized intermediary like Western Union or deal with some bullshyt like PayPal who has the liberty to freeze your account whenever they want, asking you why are you sending/receiving this money. Decentralized peer to peer payments is going to be a very welcome means for transferring money in the future

Wouldn't that make it easier for scammers? If the other methods question your reasoning for sending and have checks and balances, what's stopping a scammer from transferring money to themselves if decentralization isn't as secure?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn...STORJ ran

folks gave that project a hard ass time...I know a breh used to be the CEO but I think they ran him off or tried to...lemme check...haven’t followed that project in a minute

*edit*

nah he’s still on the project